Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009 edited
    What they do for a living, money they make etc. ?  

I usually responded by saying "what does that have to do with me or my life". 90% of the time that usually turned them red in the face. I always loved it when the stay-at-home breeders would do this about their husbands. Same response, but usually with the words "Can I speak with the manager?" Now if someone told me what they do or make in a normal conversation voice with no real meaning to it (ie small talk)...fine. However, those that would do this to feel powerful over me in a really sarcastic tone of voice..well you know what I would say in response. :face-smile:  

Do you ever get customers who brag about themselves?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    I once had a customer hand me a black Amex. Back then I couldnt care less nor did I know what a black Amex was. I asked for his photo ID and he said "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF CARD THAT IS?" I said "No, but I know it can be stolen. Can I see your ID please?"  
    Ive had some more BLATANT ones, but nothing too bad.  
    But you get braggarts everywhere, not just Frys, in the retail world.Superhero!
  1.  permalink
    AyaHu: I once had a customer hand me a black Amex. Back then I couldnt care less nor did I know what a black Amex was. I asked for his photo ID and he said "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF CARD THAT IS?" I said "No, but I know it can be stolen. Can I see your ID please?"  
    Ive had some more BLATANT ones, but nothing too bad.  
    But you get braggarts everywhere, not just Frys, in the retail world.

Aya, please share the more BLATANT ones.
  2.  permalink
    I had a customer who had painted his Amex card black. I just laughed. He thought he was a pimp. Some little wigger who thought he was smart. He got all offended and ask me why I was trying to keep a brother down. I almost wanted to beat shit outta him if I didn't feel so sorry for him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009
    Thats incredible. I wish Id seen it.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: I had a customer who had painted his Amex card black. I just laughed. He thought he was a pimp. Some little wigger who thought he was smart. He got all offended and ask me why I was trying to keep a brother down. I almost wanted to beat shit outta him if I didn't feel so sorry for him.

Wiggers are the scum of the Earth. They actually offend two races at the same time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i had someone who asked me exactly how many gates his north bridge was and i responded with if you know that you can tell me how many bogomips you computer is capable of without even running linux. He then went quiet and paid for his service charge when he came back he really apologized i was impressed it wasnt just a half assed sorry but actually said he was sorry for the way he acted and it wasn't called for not too over the top and creepy but had real meaning in it.  

other ones would be talking about how they run a company so i would say heres my card call me sometime I'll have someone out to set things up for you. Always keep a stack of business cards with you. They never expect you to be running a successful business.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu: I once had a customer hand me a black Amex. Back then I couldnt care less nor did I know what a black Amex was. I asked for his photo ID and he said "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF CARD THAT IS?" I said "No, but I know it can be stolen. Can I see your ID please?"

Owned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    SDCherryPicker: I had a customer who had painted his Amex card black. I just laughed. He thought he was a pimp. Some little wigger who thought he was smart. He got all offended and ask me why I was trying to keep a brother down. I almost wanted to beat shit outta him if I didn't feel so sorry for him.

Double owned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    I hear the "Do you know how much money I spend here?" line all the time... I've even seen PIC's get that line and then say "Ok, lets look it up, can I see your credit card?" and then pull a customers history when they want an exception made for a return.  

I've gotten the "I make a ton of money, why would I lie?" when customers come looking for a product we don't carry and I respond that we don't carry an item like what they're asking for and they swear they've seen us carry it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    calculon: I hear the "Do you know how much money I spend here?" line all the time... I've even seen PIC's get that line and then say "Ok, lets look it up, can I see your credit card?" and then pull a customers history when they want an exception made for a return.  

I've gotten the "I make a ton of money, why would I lie?" when customers come looking for a product we don't carry and I respond that we don't carry an item like what they're asking for and they swear they've seen us carry it.

If they saw Fry's carrying it before.. They should know where to find it.. ;)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    Another favorite is when they say" Do you know who I am?" I usually responded with "With six billion, its hard to tell." I did that twice once the guy gave me the finger and spit on me (he missed) and the second time the guy was like "You wish you could be me!!" Yea, bald, fat and ugly.....yes I want to be just like you.
  5.  permalink
    calculon: I hear the "Do you know how much money I spend here?" line all the time... I've even seen PIC's get that line and then say "Ok, lets look it up, can I see your credit card?" and then pull a customers history when they want an exception made for a return.  

Yes, some stay-at-home mothers classify "spending lots of money" as buying a Veggie Tales DVD twice a month according to a friend of mine in returns. They think that 30 bucks in DVDs per month will bankrupt Frys....oh yes...a whole 2-3 dollars lost on GP! :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009 edited
    I just got people that ended up blindly trusting frys with their computers it was scary how much power you have in service.  

but you do get the people saying they are a programmer ..... so that automatically gives them the knowledge of hardware or the way an os works?? I would usually respond with vague knowledge like how far apart are the read heads and the platters on most hard drives or whats the function of a nand or even the function of a pnp or npn. The would usually be stumped and then go away.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    Suzukiman: I just got people that ended up blindly trusting frys with their computers it was scary how much power you have in service.  

but you do get the people saying they are a programmer ..... so that automatically gives them the knowledge of hardware or the way an os works?? I would usually respond with vague knowledge like how far apart are the read heads and the platters on most hard drives or whats the function of a nand or even the function of a pnp or npn. The would usually be stumped and then go away.

"And you are a programmer, so?" "You are still bringing your computer in here to get serviced.. If you knew so much about them, you'd fix it yourself."Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I find it funny to see people who are book A+ certified by dont know shit about how to use a computer. It blows me a way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    a+ means dont hire them.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I meet people who want to be computer programmers they don't know shit about computers they just think they know what they are getting themselves into.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep we have a bunch of people designing chips for computes along with pc boards means nothing about how much they know about a computer ........ else my job would be easy.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Even in the 'corporate' world, you wouldnt believe some of the people who claim to be programmers, etc, and then, six months later, still havent done anything, so just before being fired, they find another job with the same lies.  

The worst part isnt the programmers, though, its the 'web designers' who charge 10k for a craptacular iddy website thats barely functional made in DREAMWEAVER or with a JOOMLA TEMPLATE. *HACK*Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009
    woooooooooot for hacks ....... my boss praises my ability to fix anything. due for a raise next month wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttt:face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    sounds like a good workplace Suzukiman, I too am blessed enough to have found one that appreciates my every dedicated moment. Of which this is not one ;DSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep my boss usually starts with repairs of computers goes to machines then finally cars ..... which reminds me I need to find the hr directors email well back to work then.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009 edited
    AyaHu: Even in the 'corporate' world, you wouldnt believe some of the people who claim to be programmers, etc, and then, six months later, still havent done anything, so just before being fired, they find another job with the same lies.  

The worst part isnt the programmers, though, its the 'web designers' who charge 10k for a craptacular iddy website thats barely functional made in DREAMWEAVER or with a JOOMLA TEMPLATE. *HACK*

I'm working with a guy who's paid 160k a year, doesn't like programming, sucks and his shit is half-assed.  

Also we paid 120k for a Drupal based site which took 9 months to build and it sucks! I could have set up it myself in third of the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: woooooooooot for hacks ....... my boss praises my ability to fix anything. due for a raise next month wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttt:face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin:

Cookbooks rule. How to solutions on every page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yes they do quick sloppy and fast as hell or slow if you really are a hack.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf:
    AyaHu: Even in the 'corporate' world, you wouldnt believe some of the people who claim to be programmers, etc, and then, six months later, still havent done anything, so just before being fired, they find another job with the same lies.  

The worst part isnt the programmers, though, its the 'web designers' who charge 10k for a craptacular iddy website thats barely functional made in DREAMWEAVER or with a JOOMLA TEMPLATE. *HACK*

I'm working with a guy who's paid 160k a year, doesn't like programming, sucks and his shit is half-assed.  

Also we paid 120k for a Drupal based site which took 9 months to build and it sucks! I could have set up it myself in third of the time.

Dude- I wish Id scammed 120k out for a craptacular drupal! Drupal sucks worse than Joomla!Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    Hmm, back to the first topic. While I am irritated by people who boast about themselves (dang, I'm such a hypocrite), it's better than customers who want to know more about you, even to the point where it is too close and considered as harassment. As a former manager of Little Caesars in my area, I use to have to deal with this situation a lot because a lot of guys would be asking the girls up front VERY PERSONAL questions. I even had to call the cops on one of them cause he wouldn't leave our store.  

It's even weirder when you have a guy asking one of your MALE employees these awful questions. Super creepy, really didn't want to do anything about it because I didn't want to speak to that dude. Had I not spoken to the customer that was harassing this employee, it is possible that the employee can file a suit against me for not handling the situation as the manager. I was pleased to find that he was instantly cooperative like most when I told him that he had to leave the store.  

Just be happy if they boast about themselves, that means you have nothing to worry about whether you are the supervisor or the person being harassed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    yet another reason whyall of san fran should be sent to japan .... we could call it a gift.  

and drupal is great if you know how to code in php.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Drupal is great if you don't know how to code in PHP. Same goes for Joomla.  

Anyone can put together a site fast with these content management systems. It's as even easier FrontPage lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    drupal is good even if you know how to program in php makes work alot simpler. Simply build a module and plug it inLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Joomla is better than Drupal and they both suck. Ch.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    but they are designed to make life easier especially when companies like microsuck are releasing software in alpha stages as fully tested certified working os'Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  7.  permalink
    Joshua: Hmm, back to the first topic. While I am irritated by people who boast about themselves (dang, I'm such a hypocrite), it's better than customers who want to know more about you, even to the point where it is too close and considered as harassment. As a former manager of Little Caesars in my area, I use to have to deal with this situation a lot because a lot of guys would be asking the girls up front VERY PERSONAL questions. I even had to call the cops on one of them cause he wouldn't leave our store.  

It's even weirder when you have a guy asking one of your MALE employees these awful questions. Super creepy, really didn't want to do anything about it because I didn't want to speak to that dude. Had I not spoken to the customer that was harassing this employee, it is possible that the employee can file a suit against me for not handling the situation as the manager. I was pleased to find that he was instantly cooperative like most when I told him that he had to leave the store.  

Just be happy if they boast about themselves, that means you have nothing to worry about whether you are the supervisor or the person being harassed.

Thanks Joshua for being one of the few that can keep a post to the topic at hand, unlike Aya, ASDF and Suzuki...some people seriously need to learn about the wonders of IM-ing someone!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    I do what I want!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    no ones really talking so we talk about anything we want
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    and Im following the moderators lead :face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    Suzukiman: and Im following the moderators lead :face-devil-grin:

You should be a mod! Vote for Suzukiman =p
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Joshua:
    Suzukiman: and Im following the moderators lead :face-devil-grin:

You should be a mod! Vote for Suzukiman =p

Suzukimans too new, Sass and I were here around a year before the title was knighted on us.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well i was around for a looooong time on the sthomas forum though.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Well that aint the Frys Forum, now is it?Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    I'm a mod on several other forums =p (and some games >.<)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    but its close besides i dont have enough time to abuse my mod privileges.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009
    You need a cool hand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I think suzi should be mod
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i will have no comment either way just to make this a completely fair and 100% lopsided decision as to have me as a mod ...... man now i need a corrupt politician smiley.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  10.  permalink
    Suzukiman: i will have no comment either way just to make this a completely fair and 100% lopsided decision as to have me as a mod ...... man now i need a corrupt politician smiley.

But that smiley will look exactly the same as I :O
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    lmaoLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Corrupt politician smiley:  

•  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch

Coincidence?????????????????????????????