Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    Somone needs to take the dick out ot their asses.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1.  permalink
    flea: Somone needs to take the dick out ot their asses.

Barry "The Fat Bastard" is the main one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Whats the name of the one who works at Fry's Home Office and is in charge of AV and is really really really gay and annoying? He is so embarrassing when he comes to our store even customers look at him funny.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  2.  permalink
    because theyre too hopped up on goofballs and too coked up to care about the little people. duh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    They are bitchy because we never follow our schematics and we never restock the merchandise. Anything thats not on the floor can't be sold now.
  3.  permalink

Use your common sense. They think they are better then all of us.
  4.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:

Actually I did meet one District Manager that was really nice, actually talked to me and listened to me. Not once did he ever stick his nose up in the air when we were talking. He was the DDM for LP in District 2 a while back, I think his name was Nick Conrad.
  5.  permalink
    flea: Whats the name of the one who works at Fry's Home Office and is in charge of AV and is really really really gay and annoying? He is so embarrassing when he comes to our store even customers look at him funny.

Hell, they all look the same....Indian or Asian and extremely retarded.
  6.  permalink
    I guess it's their job. If something is wrong, their job is on the line.  

As for how they look, doesn't bother me, it's their problem if they look funny. The district manager for our department was very friendly, and looked pretty sharp.  

The only problem for when the come in, in my opinion, is that we tend to help them out more than customers because people want it to be dead perfect for them that one day. This causes us to focus less on the customers, and in the end, they are disappointed- poor customer service. Supervisors also start falling out of store policy, IE one of my sup. gave me that piece of paper with the account # and the items, to do an open account, and demanded that I do it. The problem with it was that our SM (or ASM) didn't even sign it. I refused to do it because if I were to be written up for it, they would follow with what was on paper, not by what my supervisor verbally told me to do.  

Things like that cause us to be sloppy and get us in trouble in the long run. In the short run though, we look excellent for the district managers.
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    flea: Whats the name of the one who works at Fry's Home Office and is in charge of AV and is really really really gay and annoying? He is so embarrassing when he comes to our store even customers look at him funny.

Rupaula or Gopaula or whatever his name is? i think thats who youre talking about.
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    this does remind me how the higher ups from Home Office to department managers are always bouncing off the walls excited during the morning meeting and are all serious business poker-faced the rest of the day.  

all the time.
  7.  permalink
    merzbow: this does remind me how the higher ups from Home Office to department managers are always bouncing off the walls excited during the morning meeting and are all serious business poker-faced the rest of the day.  

all the time.

I have the worst poker face ever, everybody can always tell when I have the best hand ever:  

•  
      CommentAuthorMr. Smith
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    Some of them are assholes, but others are cool. I'm not sure if its the job or they were that way before.
  8.  permalink
    Mr. Smith: Some of them are assholes, but others are cool. I'm not sure if its the job or they were that way before.

Nope, Frys just likes assholes in charge. The ones who are nice are usually set up with something and fired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    revolving door policy is effectively executed thereLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    In one ear out the other.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Also the open back door policy is in effect. Don't forget to clean up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    you mean like dick cheney? ..............!! BLAM !! hunting accident! or in frys case golfing accident!Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    meinside100:
    Mr. Smith: Some of them are assholes, but others are cool. I'm not sure if its the job or they were that way before.

Nope, Frys just likes assholes in charge. The ones who are nice are usually set up with something and fired.

lol i just turned a new leaf at fry's... i dont cherry pick and i try to do everything the right way cause i dont wanna loose my job...but so far my sales have gone down, i get no fry's card and i just got a 1 day suspension because a sup wanted me to do a duty that was assigned to someone else in the list...and i refused  

lol i just turned a new leaf at fry's... i dont cherry pick and i try to do everything the right way cause i dont wanna loose my job...but so far my sales have gone down, i get no fry's card and i just got a 1 day suspension because a sup wanted me to do a duty that was assigned to someone else in the list...and i refused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    ????? whyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    merzbow:

Rupaula or Gopaula or whatever his name is? i think thats who youre talking about.

That dude no longer exists, I heard he got his old job slangin' slurppies back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    No one wants to loose their job. But more importantly, no one wants to lose their job, either. With exceptions.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    Lurch:
    merzbow:

•  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Sasquatch:
    Lurch:
    merzbow:

Thank you, come again!Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    You kick my dog.
  10.  permalink
    Whats the name of the one who works at Fry's Home Office and is in charge of AV and is really really really gay and annoying? He is so embarrassing when he comes to our store even customers look at him funny.

you must mean Caesar Perez. Hail Caesar as the sups and dm in store 11 say
  11.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    gossipgirl025:

Actually I did meet one District Manager that was really nice, actually talked to me and listened to me. Not once did he ever stick his nose up in the air when we were talking. He was the DDM for LP in District 2 a while back, I think his name was Nick Conrad.

DDM for district 2 is Sterling Now. Hes cool for being ex-military.
  12.  permalink
    Sterling used to be the LP DM at Roseville (26) Hes and awesome guy, you could always tell who he was when he was walking the floor just look for the guy in a plad shirt and blue jeans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    A majority of people in positions of authority are assholes.  

Usually they also have no control of their lives outside of their profession (family, marriage, etc) and take it out on the people who report to them or work below them in the hierarchy.  

I'm in a position of authority in my career, but I turned out ok because I worked for two assholes at one time and promised that when I became an exec I would NEVER treat my employees the way these idiots did.  

Usually what goes around comes around!
  13.  permalink
    silver: A majority of people in positions of authority are assholes.  

Usually they also have no control of their lives outside of their profession (family, marriage, etc) and take it out on the people who report to them or work below them in the hierarchy.  

I'm in a position of authority in my career, but I turned out ok because I worked for two assholes at one time and promised that when I became an exec I would NEVER treat my employees the way these idiots did.  

However, management acting like complete and total (insert whatever term you wish here) can be quite effective if used right. John, who is the Assistant Store Manager at Duluth location is pretty cool, but knows how to crack the whip to get stuff done.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    That Guy in Duluth:

However, management acting like complete and total (insert whatever term you wish here) can be quite effective if used right. John, who is the Assistant Store Manager at Duluth location is pretty cool, but knows how to crack the whip to get stuff done.

Well I can't argue with that thought process, however there is a big difference in being direct, to the point and motivating vs. intimidation, name calling and other shenanigans that label someone an asshole vs. an effective manager.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 3228
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    Store 11 ROCKS!!!!!

STOP BREAKING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    One of those folks resemble the little chef from Ratatouille alot.  
    It's always a classic everytime they visit us.
  14.  permalink
    silver:
    That Guy in Duluth:

However, management acting like complete and total (insert whatever term you wish here) can be quite effective if used right. John, who is the Assistant Store Manager at Duluth location is pretty cool, but knows how to crack the whip to get stuff done.

Well I can't argue with that thought process, however there is a big difference in being direct, to the point and motivating vs. intimidation, name calling and other shenanigans that label someone an asshole vs. an effective manager.

Shawn and John just know how to intimidate the hell out of people. They are subprime managers at best. True managers that know how to manage people dont have 50% plus turnover. That is a sign that the store is run by a bunch of brutes and assholes and not people who know how to manage. Unfortunately, most businesses in America are like this.....the asshole is perfered over an actual manager who knows how to "manage" *gasp*
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    Best way to manage:  

Hire people you don't have to manage very much.