Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaullaxr
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009
    My husband and I bought a Samsung 46" HDTV on Dec.29th, 2007, and we were told if we applied for fry's credit ,got approved and we can take advantage of their promtion 1 year no interest, so we did it. The TV and Insurance cost us about $1800. We planed to pay $150 every month for 12 months. Frys sent us bill and due day is 30th. because my house is far away from Frys store, I chose pay online. After night the nightmare came to us. First, Frys stopped mailling paper bill. I only remember my due day is 30th, so I set up pay date is on 26th every month automatically online. Later I found I was chared 5 times late fee "$29". When I called them, they said sometimes they need to receive my payment before 30th if my due day 30th is Sunday or Satauday. I think it is ridiculous, If my due day is Weekend, they should postpone one day to get my payment instead of charging me late fee. I was angry and argued with them, but they dont care and still charged me. I want to close my account ,so I submit my last payment online on Dec 24th, 2008. I thought I already paid off my bill, but I got bill and was told I was charged finance charge $181, because this time they need receive my payment before 27th Dec 2008. I called them, and they told me because my 1 year no interest promotion expire on 27th Dec, 2008. what the hell it is?????????????? I bought TV on Dec 29th 2007, and 1 year no interest, it should be expire on Dec 29th 2008, Why they put 27th is expired??? besides I submit payment online on 24th Dec, and they didnt withdraw my money from my checking untill my due day 30th. If 27th is expired date, why they didnt withdraw my money on 27th??????????? I called them, and they refused to talk to me , and only told me I need provide information I submit payment on 24th, I did that ,but their payment system didnt send me confirmation , so how can I prove it? I was very upset. I will never buy anything from frys, this bank is really stealing customer money. I will go to store this weekend to see how they solve my problem. My husband said they wont care, and they might let us contact bank by ourself,as we already paid off TV. What can I do ????
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Credit Card
    Lost Credit Card
    Credit Card companies to charge extra fees for people who pay in full
    credit cards
    Fry's Electronics Credit Card Promotions
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    file a complaint with the bbb take them to court if you have all the statements submit it to the fbi if they are still investigating the fraud case it might give them something to poke at.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Also file reports online at http://www.ripoffreport.com/ and http://www.complaintsboard.com/ to fill the internet with your story, so others dont fall for the same thing.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Sorry to hear. First Electronic Bank is ghetto.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradmin
    I recommend you buy your tv's at Sams Club! If you have the premium membership you get 2 years on in house warranty no need to buy an expensive $200-$300 warranty!Contact Me: admin@frysforum.com [FrysForum Administration Group]
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    how much is the premium membership per year?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Frys is a scam
  2.  permalink
    also don't go to fry's if you have fry's card problems. We have no authority over them, we are just forced to get people to apply for them; after that the fry's fraud bank is in charge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJackieChan
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    Their credit card company is so hard to get ahold of too..
  3.  permalink
    Hmmm, interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i wonder why?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    I wonder how i could get a job as a fry's banker.... they are so slow and incompetent probably earning big money
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    go ask corporate some one is bound to have the answerLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Btw you didnt buy insurance.  

You bought the service contract that only covers manufacture defects. Not wear and tear or your bulb burning out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    a psc on the fried credit card? hahahahahahahaLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorfreelancer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2009
    Wait, I don't really see too big of a problem here.  

CC companies in general expect payment on or before the cut off date. Expecting payment is different than scheduling a payment on the cut off date. Hence you were charged the late fees. If the cut off date happens to be a weekend, you'd better be submitting that early. It's not the best form of customer appreciation, but it's been done by various banks/CC companies.  

As for the 1 year promotional date ending early, it's not so much "one year," but rather "twelve billing cycles." To avoid finance charges, you need to make sure you make the minimum monthly payment as well as pay off the entire balance in full by that twelfth statement. Sometimes, due to the discrepancies in dates, it could be a couple days earlier, as in your case (also seen in a PSC/warranty, where the coverage ends one day prior to your purchase date [i.e. a two year warranty purcahsed on 1/31/09 would expire on 1/30/11]).
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2009
    I hate to break it to you but the psc is not covered under the zero interest financing. Most people think that because the product is under zero interest for a year so to is the psc. Well it is not!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009
    no no no a psc on the fried ccard so if i dont pay my bill i can use the psc to "fix" the delinquent payment.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    psc = Piss shit and crap
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    the piece of shit certificate?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    So you were trying to get away with paying your credit card every month on LAST day before it was late, instead of paying it within a week after the due date? Gee, no wonder you got in trouble. You were walking the line the whole time and now you're bitching that it's fry's fault. So the one year financing ended 2 days early? Holy shit, why does it even matter. You're like someone who complains that the time clock is off even though you came in to work a half hour late. Ultimately it's your fault and instead of owning your problems, you're trying to pass the buck off to frys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    Guest: So you were trying to get away with paying your credit card every month on LAST day before it was late, instead of paying it within a week after the due date? Gee, no wonder you got in trouble. You were walking the line the whole time and now you're bitching that it's fry's fault. So the one year financing ended 2 days early? Holy shit, why does it even matter. You're like someone who complains that the time clock is off even though you came in to work a half hour late. Ultimately it's your fault and instead of owning your problems, you're trying to pass the buck off to frys.

Just pay your bill on time. Enough with the details.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I wish I could pay rent online.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I wish I could pay rent with my credit card.
  6.  permalink
    I believe almost all CC companies do this. Freelancer pretty much summed it up.  

Regarding the PSC, I always warn my customers that the second time I swipe their card, it's not the 0% interest; they should pay it off the first month.  

It's my belief that I can do a good job for Fry's (as well as others), and still do good work for the customer. Happy customers come back which makes it a win for all perspectives.
    •  
      CommentAuthormerzbow
    asdf: psc = Piss shit and crap

which is what sales people usually say when they realize selling a psc is just extending the return policy 2~5 years and gets a nice big fat commission hit 2~5 years later on that nice big fat sale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    I hate that. PIC's need backbone.
  7.  permalink
    merzbow:
    asdf: psc = Piss shit and crap

which is what sales people usually say when they realize selling a psc is just extending the return policy 2~5 years and gets a nice big fat commission hit 2~5 years later on that nice big fat sale.

Actually that commission hit you can get back if the sale happened more than 90 days ago. You gotta fill out a Sales Research and be on top of it.  

And again, the Fry's Credit Card works like any other Credit Card. I remember several times that due dates for payments were on weekends on one of mine, and it screwed me up too. Besides, just because the card itself has Fry's logo on it does not mean Fry's is the bank itself. That said, even if you did go to Fry's for a solution, Fry's would only be able to give you a telephone number to the bank.  

Sadly, this is the Bank's end, not Fry's. Many apologies about that.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaullaxr
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2009
    Guest: So you were trying to get away with paying your credit card every month on LAST day before it was late, instead of paying it within a week after the due date? Gee, no wonder you got in trouble. You were walking the line the whole time and now you're bitching that it's fry's fault. So the one year financing ended 2 days early? Holy shit, why does it even matter. You're like someone who complains that the time clock is off even though you came in to work a half hour late. Ultimately it's your fault and instead of owning your problems, you're trying to pass the buck off to frys.

I didnt try to get away with paying my credit card every month on Last day. I paid 3 days before my due day online every month. I assumed 3 days is uaully enough for bank to process payment. I didnt realized processing could not do on weedend. That is a reason I was fined late fee. I was totally charged 5 times late fee. I didnt complain that. I thought that was a part of my fault, which I didnt studied it carefully. So I paid off all my late fee. I was upset the last payment, which I paid on 24th, 6 days before my due date . Bank could have get my payment on 27th Dec, but they didnt process my payment and got my payment untill 30th. That was their problem, not mine, Now they want me to pay refinance fee.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Sasquatch: I hate that. PIC's need backbone.

A successful salesmen will tell you you can get a prorated refund on the PSC anytime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    no they will say you can cancel and get a refund less fancy words = more sales to morons, and the inteligent people that know what prorated means will not be informed of half the truth. Remember kids dishonesty is always at fries guaranteedLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    The Fry's Card is NOT a scam...its a bad credit card because of the lack of consumer perks, it is not a scam. The weekend days are not business days, therefore, they do not accept payment on weekend days. This is typical of all banks, not just First Electronic Bank. If the 30th is on a Sunday, then they need the money by Friday and in order for it to process by Friday, the payment must be submitted by Thursday...which happens to be the 27th. Now you can submit the payment on Friday as long as it is submitted before 5pm in the applicable time zone. If you submit it on Friday 11 pm, then the bank will not get it until Monday which is past the due date. Voila. The wonders of bank profits!  

I got myself a Fry's Card once to help a fellow cashier out. Hmmm, yeah I bought some software with it for a friend...she paid me back the next day and I paid the bank the day after that. I had the bill paid before it even came and never used the card again...Actually, come to think of it. I burned it and have the picture "framed" on my monitor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    all store cards are a scam.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Yeup.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Alright, technically this woman should know after THREE late charges that it does not process on weekends, and the point of getting financing is to pay it off, not wait a year to finally pay it off. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. On the other hand these cards are designed to bring down and overcharge the average consumer. But all credit cards are.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    thats the name of the credit gameLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    But especially First Electronic Bank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: all store cards are a scam.

They're not scams. You just suck at balancing your credit card collection.
  8.  permalink
    I just took out a frys credit card and bought a big item with it. Tried paying by phone on the due date, but they wanted an extra $15 to have it post the same day after 3pm EST. It was going to cost over $6 just to pay it by phone on time. Same problem online, even for first time customers. Went to the store and they won't even deal with me on this, but they were quick to promote the card when I bought the item. No matter how well the apologists explain these problems, frys will lose customers like me and the other plaintiffs just because of callousness and customer neglect. Not fair to the store employees to have them promote a card that they themselves cannot defend when there's a problem.

Dr. H
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    your not alone. This is pretty common. We are not allowed to tell customers about potential problems. They should have read the fine print.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    worm: your not alone. This is pretty common. We are not allowed to tell customers about potential problems. They should have read the fine print.

Which they should on any card they sign up for.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKDP49
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    lol I had to sign up for a frys card when I had 0 for 2 weeks in a row, I got approved and have never activated it.. you get no incentives for using it besides the 0%.. lame.. hell atleast with a Macy's card and other ones you get coupons, but the best ones are the ones that give you like 2% of total purhases back. Amazon Visa is pretty cool if you shop on amazon alot, you end up getting tons of 25 dollar gift certs over time. Frys Card = Horrible card.
  9.  permalink
    what is the credit score requirement to get approved for this card?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009
    Guest: what is the credit score requirement to get approved for this card?

•  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    Hur hur hur.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009
    Guest: what is the credit score requirement to get approved for this card?

Basically, if you can get the Fry's card, you can probably get a few dozen other cards that are better. Probably hundreds.
  10.  permalink
    this lady is a bum... II got tv from frys for like 1,600

12 month no interst

simple go online and pay your freaking bill you cry baby

u can advance schedule payment 4 weeks ahead of time

no excuses

you deserve to be charged the fee's

die soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited
    Guest: this lady is a bum... II got tv from frys for like 1,600  

12 month no interst  

simple go online and pay your freaking bill you cry baby  

u can advance schedule payment 4 weeks ahead of time  

no excuses  

you deserve to be charged the fee's  

die soon.

That was probably your customer. lol.  

The problem with your customer is she doesn't know how to pay her bills.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009 edited
    paullaxr:

I didnt try to get away with paying my credit card every month on Last day. I paid 3 days before my due day online every month. I assumed 3 days is uaully enough for bank to process payment. I didnt realized processing could not do on weekend. That is a reason I was fined late fee. I was totally charged 5 times late fee. I didnt complain that. I thought that was a part of my fault, which I didnt studied it carefully. So I paid off all my late fee. I was upset the last payment, which I paid on 24th, 6 days before my due date . Bank could have get my payment on 27th Dec, but they didnt process my payment and got my payment untill 30th. That was their problem, not mine, Now they want me to pay refinance fee.

Have you ever owned a credit card? When you pay online your basically scheduling a payment and it has to work with their timelines. Everything is shown in business days which doesn't include holidays and weekends. Here's why your payment posted on the 30th...  

24th is the day you start your payment  
    25th holiday  
    26th friday ( business day 1 )  
    27th saturday  
    28th sunday  
    29th monday ( business day 2 )  
    30th tuesday ( business day 3 )  

It will take 3 business days to process. Paying last minute is extremely stupid. I hope you get bad credit.  

Follow my advice. Pay your bills in full and pay them the same day your statement is ready. I even go as far as scheduling payment so I pay my balance the same day I get my statement. I like to have a fresh credit card every month.
  11.  permalink
    What is wrong with you people? All credit cards are a scam. The person that purchased the card may not work for Frys or an accountant or an employee at a credit card company. Obviously those of you that are proficient with the specific "workings" of a Frys credit card are just that. Why do we need the "fine print" anyway? Doesnt it seem that there is always contradiction with the original sales pitch in the "fine print"? What does that tell YOU? Cox is another company that has their sales people call you and offer you all these wonderful deals and then you receive your bill and youve been charged for services that you were told you would receive at a discount or free. but the kicker is the person your talking to has no idea what the original sales deal was and denies that they could have even offered that to you in the first place.
    I just do not understand how those of you can tell someone to quit bitching and suck it up! Thats just plain BS. If that person was making a mistake and originally had such a great credit score dont you think that they obviously must be getting screwed or the company just doesnt give a shit! Credit card companys, banks and loan institutions make most of their money from late charges and people that either are paying late, have had an situation where they cant pay their bill, or they dont understand the specifics. There is no empathy for any of those situations. Ive been there and I know that if you are late due to anything that they will harrass you beyond any moral statutes.but I have been able to see one company that treated me horribly fall on their ass and I laughed my ass off when it did.
    I am ok financially now and boy do I get alot of people calling me and sending me offers. The credit system in this country should be abolished and all of you that encourage or try to sell this crap for your capitalistic company, should be put in a room together and let you deal with each other. Hopefully they wont let you out.
    Why does Frys need another company to handle their credit? Why cant they handle it themselves? I would say that if Frys was the company that initially offered that credit card in their store then that is where I would go to handle any transactions dealing with it. I should not have to venture elsewhere to have any problems or discussions dealing with this credit card.
    Time for all of us to stand up to these major companies that have you (or they think they do) by the balls. I for one would send them a love letter, the BBB, and anyone else I could find.Its a catch 22 situation. Someone that had enough money to hire a lawyer to deal with the indisretions of these companies wouldnt have a problem because they could pay there bill on time and the company would probably would have spoken with them and explained that it was their fault and please forgive our company.
    The middle class pays for everything. Including late fees and taxes.