Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I sure think so.
  2.  permalink
    Fuck no. We would just get lazier.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009 edited
    SDCherryPicker: Fuck no. We would just get lazier.

At least there would be no pain. Dress shoes were not designed for retail work.
  3.  permalink
    Actually it might be a little easier on the feet. It should be allowed for some associates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    i wore work shoes a cross of sneakers and boots talk about dressyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Actually wearing sneakers is not a bad idea. It actually makes you more productive. You can make more if you feel good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    wear standard issue combat boots with alot of black shoe polish and see if anyone notices.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Just be glad they're not crocs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ?? what is a croc???Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Suzukiman: ?? what is a croc???

a big reptile kind of similar to a gator.. They have sharp teeth and like to bite.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    I suppose for things like FCO and Service they should be able to wear because we are mostly behind the counters.  

As for Sales, they need to keep it nice.  

I like this suggestion and support.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    croc: the shoe made of foam?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I would sneak in sneakers anyways! I used to wear sandals and socks at Dillards, no one ever caught me.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    I'm not sure anything could help productivity at Fry's...
  5.  permalink
    meinside100:

According to Dress Code, the only requirement for guys and shoes is that they must be shineable. That's it. Well, that and business professional.  

You just have to get some shoes designed for working on concrete floors all day that are shineable. I got some. Bought them at SAS Shoes. Mind you, I spent money on them, but lemme tell ya, I never wanna take them off.  

http://www.sasshoes.com/  

These are the shoes I got.  

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=1&prodid=73  
    http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=1&prodid=44  

Both are very comfortable. I can still run and jump around on the sales floor by the end of Black Friday and not complain about any sort of pain. :pWhy is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009
    You wasted 90$..... on shoes?  
    .... Mine were free. My other pair were 4$ in Nogales, and my third pair for summer were 8$ okabashis.Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    I have fallen arches (runs in the family). Most shoes, including sneakers, hurt more than help. My footdoctor recommended me SAS. Great support on the arch and heel. Heck, after going there, I never realized that not only is there a size 10 or a size 10W, but also a 10N, and a 10S. They pretty much custom fit it there. Besides, you are paying for the fact that they are hand made leather and polyurethane soles. You get what you pay for, most of the time.  

I have tried sneakers before as well as my fellow associates. On LONG days, you still have foot pain. Plain and simple.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i think obi is correct but there isnt a shoe called a croc?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    That Guy in Duluth:
    meinside100:

According to Dress Code, the only requirement for guys and shoes is that they must be shineable. That's it. Well, that and business professional.  

You just have to get some shoes designed for working on concrete floors all day that are shineable. I got some. Bought them at SAS Shoes. Mind you, I spent money on them, but lemme tell ya, I never wanna take them off.  

http://www.sasshoes.com/  

These are the shoes I got.  

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=1&prodid=73  
    http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles.php?catid=1&prodid=44  

Both are very comfortable. I can still run and jump around on the sales floor by the end of Black Friday and not complain about any sort of pain. :p

This SASS shoes stuff sounds like Sasquatch has his own line of shoes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Would Sas be a good recommendation for extremely durable shoes, regardless of comfort? Or is there some other style with durability I could look into, my friend needs some shoes and I would like to buy him a sturdy pair.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    i wish we could all wear croc's!!!! haha those things look mad ugly but feel soooo good haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Crocs are gay. No amount of comfort can change that.Superhero!
  7.  permalink
    AyaHu: Crocs are gay. No amount of comfort can change that.

The only people who wear them are aging, middle-age hippies and teen suburban girls who must conform to the styles of other people all in the name of superficial "social acceptance"....no matter how stupid or retarded they are (Crocs in this case).
  8.  permalink

Lol, I don't even know what they are or look like other than shoes. Never heard of them before.  

I wear Emericas, and loved my Circas, they skate good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2009
    meinside100:

As mentioned earlier, the dress code does not preclude use of shoes that are just as comfortable as any sneakers; just that they are shinable and look professional. Someone mentioned a specific brand, but there's plenty out there that cost exactly the same as most sneakers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    combat boots? a good pair of ice cleats to boot? then go step on peoples feet and see their reaction.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    be creative they can always shine with creativity.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch

At least he matches!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yes see thats what im talking about .... hmmm tomorrow shold i go to work wearing a pair of cloggs?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    Sasquatch:

At least he matches!

That guy needs some white strips.
  10.  permalink
    AyaHu: Would Sas be a good recommendation for extremely durable shoes, regardless of comfort? Or is there some other style with durability I could look into, my friend needs some shoes and I would like to buy him a sturdy pair.

Yeah. They have a lifetime warranty. The only thing that will ever need to be replaced are in the insoles and that is only once every 3 years (thick suckers too).  

I have had mine for 5 years and they still look like new. The soles have not worn off on the bottom either. I can still see the logo. :-)Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    that is pretty good.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2009
    Lol in 5 years you realize how dorky these shoes are and never wear them ever again.
  11.  permalink
    asdf: Lol in 5 years you realize how dorky these shoes are and never wear them ever again.

Simple styles don't really go out of style.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    Actually I never saw crocks before this and to be honest I think I want to buy some.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    sialer: Actually I never saw crocks before this and to be honest I think I want to buy some.

wut.
  12.  permalink
    Same
    •  
      CommentAuthorKaelyn Amira
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010 edited
    meinside100:

Honestly? Just wear plain black tennis shoes...I get away with it every single day. Not one person has ever noticed (or at least no one has ever reprimanded me) for wearing tennis shoes, then again my feet are behind the register most of the day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2010
    From personal experience my performance has improved with comfortable tennis shoes. Others have similar experiences.