Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Was walking by today and caught a supervisor password a gift certificate, and had to double check if she meant to issue the gift certificate or to give cash back.  

Good thing I checked because she had forgotten to alt + f3 for cash back, and didn't realize this. The cashier would have been short a significant amount of money had she gave the cash back and the receipt that was used to issued another gift certificate.  

Anyhow, to resolve this issue, we used the issue gift certificate to reimburse the company with the cash we gave him, instead of giving his receipt. Then, we made a copy with the "used" written on the original so it would print to the copy. After that, the supervisor had to walk the man to the door with the copy of the receipt, because the cashier needs to keep the original customer copy since it was used as a gift certificate.  

My question is, if the customer has any problems with the products that he bought, would he be able to return it with his receipt copy? This wasn't explained well enough to me, all I knew was that I caught a mistake and the supervisor fixed it to the best of her ability. That would be a completely flawed system that would need to be brought up if the customer had no way to return his items (granted that there may be a problem.)  

If you worked or work at front check out, you should know what I'm talking about.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    List of national retailers closing stores soon or after X-Mas (Dont buy gift cards)
    Apple is sued over iTunes giftcards!
    Changes at FCO
    FCO Change?
  3.  permalink
    Joshua: Was walking by today and caught a supervisor password a gift certificate, and had to double check if she meant to issue the gift certificate or to give cash back.  

Good thing I checked because she had forgotten to alt + f3 for cash back, and didn't realize this. The cashier would have been short a significant amount of money had she gave the cash back and the receipt that was used to issued another gift certificate.  

Anyhow, to resolve this issue, we used the issue gift certificate to reimburse the company with the cash we gave him, instead of giving his receipt. Then, we made a copy with the "used" written on the original so it would print to the copy. After that, the supervisor had to walk the man to the door with the copy of the receipt, because the cashier needs to keep the original customer copy since it was used as a gift certificate.  

My question is, if the customer has any problems with the products that he bought, would he be able to return it with his receipt copy? This wasn't explained well enough to me, all I knew was that I caught a mistake and the supervisor fixed it to the best of her ability. That would be a completely flawed system that would need to be brought up if the customer had no way to return his items (granted that there may be a problem.)  

If you worked or work at front check out, you should know what I'm talking about.

when you issue a gc you dont really have to press f3 just hit f2 and it should tell you amount due to write up as a gc
  4.  permalink
    and yes a person can return items from an issued gc . invoice #
  5.  permalink
    Okay, so here is the real answer.  

If you accidentally issue another gift certificate when meaning to do a cash back; the customer wants cash back and not a gift certificate:  

You use their receipt as a normal gift certificate, writing USED and the date on there. Then, you make a copy of it with the printer, and give the original copy back to the customer- The customer wont have to be walked to the door by the supervisor, they can return products no problem, and you'll have a copy of the invoice (the extra gift certificate for your F8) so audit will be happy.  

Yay, now we all know how to do it just in case there is a mistake. On the other hand, I'm openly admitting that we handled the situation wrong now that the customer has the copy and not the original- he'll probably have problems returning the product if there's problem :\ we'll know for next time though.
  6.  permalink
    Joshua: Okay, so here is the real answer.  

If you accidentally issue another gift certificate when meaning to do a cash back; the customer wants cash back and not a gift certificate:  

You use their receipt as a normal gift certificate, writing USED and the date on there. Then, you make a copy of it with the printer, and give the original copy back to the customer- The customer wont have to be walked to the door by the supervisor, they can return products no problem, and you'll have a copy of the invoice (the extra gift certificate for your F8) so audit will be happy.  

Yay, now we all know how to do it just in case there is a mistake. On the other hand, I'm openly admitting that we handled the situation wrong now that the customer has the copy and not the original- he'll probably have problems returning the product if there's problem :\ we'll know for next time though.

Gift cards are stupid....JUST GIVE CASH.....ITS SPENDS EVERYWHERE....unless you are trying to buy an Asian bukkake girl...that is a whole different story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAcidBurn
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2016 edited
    Store 19, Arlington, TX - CSA here  
    If his phone number was used at any time during the making of the GC transaction or purchasing of the items then we can pull his info at returns. If a card was used we can use the card number, if a BX sticker was used we can use the BX number to pull the receipt.  

The obvious thing to do when printing a GC instead of giving cash, would be to just scan the newly created GC in a new transaction and just give the cash back, and give him a copy or give him the original whichever.  

If an FCO sup is making this kind of mistake, then they are retards and need more training, and managers should reconsider the people they are making sups. I wouldn't blame them though because FCO sups have to do so much shit at the same time now for so little pay that I wouldn't be surprised if they start making mistakes out of the stress they are under.  

If it was a Sales Sup, or any other Sup, then they shouldn't be fucking doing a transaction, let alone fucking with GCs and you should promptly tell them to fuck off. Their salespeople cause enough problems with their fucked up quotes that have to fixed at FCO so maybe focus on that instead of fucking around behind the FCO counter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJosh
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2016
    Holy hell this thread is from... 7 years ago?