Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009 edited
    I'm sure there are things that will get you fired on the spot like a racial slur ,etc. However, have you ever seen someone get canned because a customer complained about the service they got?
  1.  permalink
    Two phillipino's were helping a customer and started speaking Tagalog and making fun of him. But the two of them didn't know was that the customer was married to a phillipino and understood everything they said. Went to the manager and they were fired instantly.
  2.  permalink
    It only takes one complaint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2009
    remember at fries your always replaceable guaranteed.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    being a customer is number one
  3.  permalink
    People who get below 100% on Secret Shopper = Instant Fired  

I thought?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Sasquatch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs&fmt=18  

Kids these days.

lol... nothing like drugging up a kid...Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    Why's it smell like derailed topic in here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Joshua's giving Suzukiman a run for his money in post count.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    Everyone on here has ADHD.
  5.  permalink
    Joshua: People who get below 100% on Secret Shopper = Instant Fired  

I thought?

Actually that is not true. I have gotten a zero on it twice. They won't fire me also because I ring up over 650 people a week and I have worked there a long time.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009 edited
    SDCherryPicker:
    Joshua: People who get below 100% on Secret Shopper = Instant Fired  

I thought?

Actually that is not true. I have gotten a zero on it twice. They won't fire me also because I ring up over 650 people a week and I have worked there a long time.

Secret Shopper firings are reserved for those they (managers) want to get rid of.
  6.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: Two phillipino's were helping a customer and started speaking Tagalog and making fun of him. But the two of them didn't know was that the customer was married to a phillipino and understood everything they said. Went to the manager and they were fired instantly.

lol anak ang puta
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2009
    idiots.. does it ever seem to you that we are just surrounded by idiots?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  7.  permalink
    I remember when a customer complained about me. Twice. Fun times.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    FRIED SNAKE:
    SDCherryPicker: Two phillipino's were helping a customer and started speaking Tagalog and making fun of him. But the two of them didn't know was that the customer was married to a phillipino and understood everything they said. Went to the manager and they were fired instantly.

lol anak ang puta

Ng Ng.. Ng
  8.  permalink
    meinside100: I'm sure there are things that will get you fired on the spot like a racial slur ,etc. However, have you ever seen someone get canned because a customer complained about the service they got?

I knew 2 girls in the customer service at 25 who were in a situation where a lady complained about the 2 girls talking during one of the girls vanna. It was right when the store just opened and so there was no line or barley even customers. The lady complained to a the pic and the vanna got a 5 day and the girl that was talking to her got a 3 day. But the girl on the 5 day came back because it was the Components manager at the time who did the suspentions without the ASM or SM approval. Apparently he wasn't suppose to do the 5 day that's why he came back. The sup 1 of customer service was mad cause he believed that that punishment was uncalled for. But I agree maybe just a 1 day would have been more then enough. There was no line so its not like her time was taken from her, she had numbers of green lights to choose from. Stupid bitch.
  9.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    meinside100: I'm sure there are things that will get you fired on the spot like a racial slur ,etc. However, have you ever seen someone get canned because a customer complained about the service they got?

I knew 2 girls in the customer service at 25 who were in a situation where a lady complained about the 2 girls talking during one of the girls vanna. It was right when the store just opened and so there was no line or barley even customers. The lady complained to a the pic and the vanna got a 5 day and the girl that was talking to her got a 3 day. But the girl on the 5 day came back because it was the Components manager at the time who did the suspentions without the ASM or SM approval. Apparently he wasn't suppose to do the 5 day that's why he came back. The sup 1 of customer service was mad cause he believed that that punishment was uncalled for. But I agree maybe just a 1 day would have been more then enough. There was no line so its not like her time was taken from her, she had numbers of green lights to choose from. Stupid bitch.

Why do I have a gut feeling this was a middle-age white woman? They are all breed to believe that the world runs on their schedule. My mom is like this 100%.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    the world is ontime else its late which isnt acceptable in the slightest.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  10.  permalink
    A customer complaint got me fired for "misconduct". I explained to the customer the usual and customary processes to fix the issue, but person didn't want to wait to get the fix. Yet, had time to write a detailed complaint!
  11.  permalink
    People have nothing better to do :/
  12.  permalink
    Yes happened to a friend of mine.After helping a customer fpr over an hour on a item that didn't even pay a cent except for the pg .He was talking to a cashier who had just informed him that the customer no longer wanted the
    p.g and not realizing the customer was behind him made a stupid statement (telling cashier to tell the customer to suck a egg) and then was told by cashier that the customer was behind him. Customer complained to management and my friend was given a 5 day which really was a termination.
  13.  permalink
    Gorilla Man to you it may be funny and looking at it impartially it probably is But to my friend who had been with Fry's over 12 yrs
    it was pure BS I know this sounds like sour grapes but you have to admit that the whole thing looks like a set up and they were out to get him. I have seen many Fry's associates say much worse and not even get written up.And people wonder why Fry's associates have such low moral.You ever notice the first 3 letters of what associate spells.That is what people who work for Fry's are for letting management get away with things they do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009
    I think that is funny in a general sense but sucks royally for your friend.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Suzukiman: I think that is funny in a general sense but sucks royally for your friend.

actually, which guest are you replying to? The one who helped the customer that didn't want to wait for the problem to be fixed, or the one who told the customer inadvertantly to go suck an egg?  

If it's the one who inadvertently told the customer to go suck an egg, then he deserved it and is funny.. 12 years or 12 days, you do not say stuff a customer may happen to hear.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    too many guests the top one sucks the suck egg one is funnyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Guests get an account!
  14.  permalink
    asdf how are you? Been to fry's lately....Great feedback on commission only *sarcasm kicks in
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009
    Commission payouts are great. The other salesmen are just being lazy and complacent.
  15.  permalink
    I know you can make 200 dollars in a day...depending if you live in a ghetto area or a white neighborhood :)
  16.  permalink
    Suzukiman
    You are correct that things like that should not be said on sales floor.However who expect a cashier to bring a customer
    back to floor and not tell the salesperson till afterword. Also my friend was frustrated and still believes he was set up.
    I sign on as guest due to still not trusting management who has I believe can find out who I am and fire me also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009 edited
    Guest: Suzukiman  
    You are correct that things like that should not be said on sales floor.However who expect a cashier to bring a customer  
    back to floor and not tell the salesperson till afterword. Also my friend was frustrated and still believes he was set up.  
    I sign on as guest due to still not trusting management who has I believe can find out who I am and fire me also.

"set-up" or not... you don't put yourself in that situation.. I mean even if "his" customer was right behind him or not, doesn't meannothing considering that other customers may hear you talking bad about another customer... and then rationalize that is how Fry's employees think about their customers..  

Your friend like many other people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions rather than trying to find someone else to blame.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  17.  permalink
    Never seen it happen strictly because of poor service. Hell one guy even made fun of the customer's last name to the customer's face in front of everyone in the department.

"Oh my god, Gaylord? Is that really your last name? Everybody, look! His last name is Gaylord!!!"

Seriously? Stupid fucking foreigner. Yes Gaylord is a last name. This resulted in a 3 day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    Guest: Never seen it happen strictly because of poor service. Hell one guy even made fun of the customer's last name to the customer's face in front of everyone in the department.  

"Oh my god, Gaylord? Is that really your last name? Everybody, look! His last name is Gaylord!!!"  

Seriously? Stupid fucking foreigner. Yes Gaylord is a last name. This resulted in a 3 day.

still doesn't beat the Poon-Tang car deal i've seen while selling cars.. we put that up on the board like that... the wife's last name was Poon and the husband's was Tang..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    I once asked a kind looking old lady her last name for a quote a while back. DEATHRAGE. Almost started laughing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzb
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    Sasquatch: I once asked a kind looking old lady her last name for a quote a while back. DEATHRAGE. Almost started laughing.

dude, i had that customer as a cashier a while back. awesome last name.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworkerbee
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010