Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    During the Computers VCON, someone asked if there were going to be any more laptops coming in similar to the Toshiba Qosmio shown here...  

http://shop3.frys.com/product/5819423?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG  

The Laptop Supervisor Buyer guy mentioned Fry's getting in new brand name gaming class laptops similar to that particular one. I can only think two other brand names that make gaming laptops...  

Alienware and ASUS. Are there others?Why is there an S in Lisp?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Does Fry's carry AT&T phones?
    The Poor Guy Carrying in A Fry's Ad
    No Fry reply - missing shield for ASUS P5E-VM motherboard shield pn 13G020232430
    Everex to launch CloudBook ultra mobile pc. ASUS EeePC beware
    $549 Asus EeePC 900 to hit U.S. May 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009
    alienware sucks asus is good.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Alienware = Dell. Dells make awesome gaming machine. I threw up playing Left4dead on a 120hz 1080p TV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    That Guy in Duluth: During the Computers VCON, someone asked if there were going to be any more laptops coming in similar to the Toshiba Qosmio shown here...  

http://shop3.frys.com/product/5819423?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG  

The Laptop Supervisor Buyer guy mentioned Fry's getting in new brand name gaming class laptops similar to that particular one. I can only think two other brand names that make gaming laptops...  

Alienware and ASUS. Are there others?

at least we know it's not GQHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2009 edited
    Alienware now-a-days is nothing more but a Dell XPS in a very nice case and about a $100-200 mark-up compared to a similar spec XPS. Beside though, Alienware is a true definition of the American Dream...2 sons of Cuban immigrants in Miami pulled together all they had (about $10k) and started Alienware. Fast forward ten years and they get bought by Dell and now both are worth millions and millions. If you hate Alienware you have to at least admire the founder's stories behind it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    also gaming laptop why wold anyone want a laptop to play games? its an oxymoron they are opposites they make clunky laptops and poor gaming machines i mean they dont have the power you can get from a well built desktop they are horrid on cooling so the processor is throttled back same with the gfx card you cant upgrade them much either you are stuck with a laptop keyboard and touchpad without the 5.1 surround sound. as a laptop they are big heavy and clunky if you bring your gameing keyboard mouse and joysticks along its ean even bigger mess the battery woun't last long at all ..... eh too tired to continue rant.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    For ultimate gaming get a Sager. I am running an Dell XPS, C2D T8300 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM 320GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT 256MB. My game of choice at the moment is Left 4 Dead.
  3.  permalink
    asdf: For ultimate gaming get a Sager. I am running an Dell XPS, C2D T8300 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM 320GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT 256MB. My game of choice at the moment is Left 4 Dead.

That PC will be useless for games come 9 months from now. The 260, 280, 295 and the Ultra 300 (all Nvidia cards) will the standard in about a year or so.
  4.  permalink
    meinside100:
    asdf: For ultimate gaming get a Sager. I am running an Dell XPS, C2D T8300 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM 320GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT 256MB. My game of choice at the moment is Left 4 Dead.

That PC will be useless for games come 9 months from now. The 260, 280, 295 and the Ultra 300 (all Nvidia cards) will the standard in about a year or so.

Not as much as you think. I doubt he bought that laptop recently. At least a year ago.  

And actually, a lot of the gaming laptops are about to be pushing ATI Radeon HD4800 series cards.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2009
    Lol dell is gay.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    I know Fry's is going to start carrying Velocity Micro premade systems. They put out some decently spec'd laptops as well, so it could be them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    That Guy in Duluth:
    meinside100:

Not as much as you think. I doubt he bought that laptop recently. At least a year ago.  

And actually, a lot of the gaming laptops are about to be pushing ATI Radeon HD4800 series cards.

Yeah I had my laptop for about 4 months. It was on the clearance section of dell. It was about $1100.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2009
    Putin clearly has the refined intellect and delicate taste it takes to be the dictator of Russia.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009
    actually i think the translation is wrong i think it was a more polite response in russian but translates to something that sounds like a beatdown not that dell doesnt deserve one and remember can we help you is synonymous with can we bend you over and make you completely dependent on us while we peruse your wallet?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009 edited
    That Guy in Duluth:
    meinside100:

And actually, a lot of the gaming laptops are about to be pushing ATI Radeon HD4800 series cards.

The way AMD is bleeding money and its stock price close to 0, ATI won't be around for maybe a few years along with Intel graphic cards coming to market in the next year with lower prices and higher specs than Nvidia and EVEN ATI at all price ranges. Not to mention Intel will do the GPU for the PS4 and the next Xbox.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009
    Thanks for the reminder. I've invested in AMD and I probably plan to invest more. $2.11 a share is dirt cheap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Find a nice gene sequencing company to invest in. Genetic profiling is going to get huge in the coming decades.
  5.  permalink
    meinside100:
    That Guy in Duluth:
    meinside100:

The way AMD is bleeding money and its stock price close to 0, ATI won't be around for maybe a few years along with Intel graphic cards coming to market in the next year with lower prices and higher specs than Nvidia and EVEN ATI at all price ranges. Not to mention Intel will do the GPU for the PS4 and the next Xbox.

Nah, despite the fact that AMD is not doing so well in the processor market, its video card market is doing a lot better than last year due to price vs. performance. AMD/ATI will still be around. No question.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    amd is better but for now im going to "test" intell untill amd can beat them again. remember im not jumping ship if im merely "testing" the intel dorito.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    Well I did do some reading up on laptops. AMD processors tend to actually do better with graphics cards than Intel. Intel processors have been known to bottleneck the graphics cards a bit. Therefore, for gaming, AMD is the way to go.  

Now if you plan on spending money, like nearly two grand, then the Intel Processors tend not to have such a problem.  

Anyway, back to subject. Apparently it is Velocity Micro.  

http://www.velocitymicro.com/Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009
    not really impressedLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    For the money, you can get great deals with AMD, but I would have to say Intel is superior. Just look at the I7 memory bandwidth, for one. It makes me excited... in my pants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Speaking of bandwidth, my neighborhood just upgraded to fiberoptic and it's a little bit like being in heaven.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    6 Mbps DSL... Sigh. She will never be fast enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Mines 7. At least, that was my last. It was like... heaven.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    mines 20 i love corporate fiber its so fast.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The Sasquatch turns, and slowly marches back to his cave with his head hung low. In the rain. His tears mingle with the rain.  

♫♫ World's smallest violin ♫♫
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep found you i new you were an old guy playing out as a frys associate

240220649_570809b13c.jpg
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: The Sasquatch turns, and slowly marches back to his cave with his head hung low. In the rain. His tears mingle with the rain.  

♫♫ World's smallest violin ♫♫

Is there to comfort her husband with a foot massageSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    True fact: Aya's massages are 50 Mbps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Well in san diego its like 20 mbps down / 1.5mbps up  

http://www.cox.com/sandiego/highspeedinternet/serviceplans.asp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    20 up 20 downLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  7.  permalink
    I must agree, I like my Dell XPS laptop too! :) Never had a day of trouble with it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-xps-m140/4505-3121_7-31565934.html

Okay, so its not a big gaming laptop by any means, but I built a desktop since they are 10x easier to upgrade for gaming purposes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    Those who love dells have never experienced anything else. Cnet gets paid by manufacturers to post good reviews.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009
    yep fully agreed with ayahuLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    To Dell's credit, I enjoy them more than I enjoy Cnet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: Those who love dells have never experienced anything else. Cnet gets paid by manufacturers to post good reviews.

Never buy HP laptops. They suck. HP desktops are good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf:
    AyaHu: Those who love dells have never experienced anything else. Cnet gets paid by manufacturers to post good reviews.

Never buy HP laptops. They suck. HP desktops are good.

I wouldnt say never buy HP laptops, if it was between a Dell or gateway and HP I'd say buy it, but yes they arent made like their desktops, thats for goddamn sure.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2009
    hp is gabage ever since the late 90's after they sold off agilentLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
Add your comments