Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2007
    First of off let me explain how we get paid: Here in California its minimum wage which is $7.50 hour wage plus commission. We have a draw system which basiclly means we have to match what we make in hourly with our commission and if we don't Fry's let us borrow money to make up for the diffrence but we eventually have to pay it back. So if you work 40 hours a week you make $300 of hourly wages working minimum wage plus your supposed to make $300 in commision pay and if you don't Fry's will add it to your paycheck but someday you will have to pay it back, usually when you make more on another paycheck. On top of the pay we are required to sell 2 Fry's Computers ( I hate selling them they always come back) get 2 Fry's Credit Card Applications and get 1 Wireless In Home Installation (Like nobody knows how to set it up), and finally were supposed to sell $1,250 in Performance Service Contracts (Warranties). As you can see this sounds like alot that they are asking for and is very stressfull. On top of all of this each Fry's employee is in charge of a disegnated work area which they must clean and maintain and stock. We are also required to ask each time we sell something if they want, the Free printer or UPC. Some customers don't even speak english which makes it even longer and harder to sell and they want discounts and complain about prices and don't know anything about computers. Then there is the stupid customers who ask the stupid questions like how much is this and the price is right in front of their face! Or the customers who wanted the best technology for really really cheap! Come on people everyone knows that the cheap shit is the worst, all good stuff cost good money! On top of having to sell and make numbers and put up with annoying ass customers, we also have to restock the whole store ourselfs and guess whats the worst part, after the store closes we can't make commision so therefore we are getting paid minimum wage to stock and clean up the store. Frys has no overnight crew, they suck they are trying to cut all corners. So now you see why Fry's employees are discrunteled and tired and complain at stupid customers! Also we have crazy long schedules sometimes especially on Holidays like big sales like Labor Day, After Thanksgiving and after Christmas Sales. We work up to 16 hours! There is a couple things you as a customer can do to help make it alot easier for us sales person and that is if you know what you want and just ask for it , it makes life alot easier for both of us and you won't get any attitude or bullshit most of the time. If you don't know what your looking for research it online or bring a friend. Try to keep your sale under 15 min or less cause we have other customers waiting also. Watch your tone of voice and how you ask for something and don't try to pretend you know something or get a attitude with employees if you or the employee don't know something just go talk to the supervisors for help or advice. If you need help with a product you should first try to attempt to contact the manuf. for help if they are unable come to the store with you questions, most of the time its hard to help you over the phone. I could go on and on for advice but I gota go for now I might add more to this endless topic I started... if you have any questions you want me to address just reply...Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    I forgot to metion real quick our commision is anywher between $0.50 cents to about $30 on the most expensive ($3500 laptop) but our average commision per item is actually only $4. Warranties only pay us 15% so I don't understand how come customer think we make so much money and they think that we get to keep all of the warranty money. If you buy sale items, things in the ad they don't pay us, unless you buy the warranty that is. Forigners take about twice as long to help and never buy warranties so thats why no one wants to help them, they could have helped 2 locals and made 4x the money and serviced the customer faster.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Plus: Supervisors make us to these annoying accessory tasks: trasnfer product, make signs, find product, walk scheamtic (blueprints for product locations) help returns deptarment with customers. Make displays and endcaps. Fry's also has no janitors and makes the employees clean the bathroom and take out trash and clean. We also have do do our own dusting and cleaning WTF!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Its so stressfull at times!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2007
    Here, here.  
    In Electronic Components it's even worse! We have twice as many items, and people always come here for tech support. We're not here to talk to you for half an hour about why your computer isn't working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2007
    Sasquatch:Here, here.  
    In Electronic Components it's even worse! We have twice as many items, and people always come here for tech support. We're not here to talk to you for half an hour about why your computer isn't working.

send them to service, the weird techs there can handle it haha.  

Life as a fry's salesperson can be really good, good, bad, really bad, or like hell. which one are you? for me it's bad, i can't wait to get out. hahathe wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2007
    Sasquatch:Here, here.  

especially when they ask for something they have no idea what it is haha...you have to find it for them.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2007
    Ive been directed to the smartest person on the sales floor... he told me he didnt know shit. what are you guys pulling?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2007
    If you weren't asking anything too technical it's because Fry's is slipping when it comes to hiring new employees. One of the Fry's mottoes is, "Home of the high-tech professionals," but this is becoming less and less true. Management needs to make sure people being hired for sales has ample knowledge of the product they are going to be dealing with. One problem department is computers. The people over there don't know a damn thing about computers, and it's a shame that customers have to deal with people that have wal-mart level product knowledge for the sake of... well, I'm not really sure why we hire people that would think high school was a challenge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2007
    worm:Ive been directed to the smartest person on the sales floor... he told me he didnt know shit. what are you guys pulling?

he just doesn't want to help you. unless you ask about buying a notebook hehe.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    Sasquatch:If you weren't asking anything too technical it's because Fry's is slipping when it comes to hiring new employees. One of the Fry's mottoes is, "Home of the high-tech professionals," but this is becoming less and less true. Management needs to make sure people being hired for sales has ample knowledge of the product they are going to be dealing with. One problem department is computers. The people over there don't know a damn thing about computers, and it's a shame that customers have to deal with people that have wal-mart level product knowledge for the sake of... well, I'm not really sure why we hire people that would think high school was a challenge.

As far as I know, fry's hires anyone who can work for them or is legal to work. If they can they'd probably hire illegal mexicans.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorMlbz420
    this was a very well writen topic.  

im sure any customer comming here with a rant would soon change there mind if they run across this thread first.  

you pointed out a lot of key stressfull things that im sure not many people think about when they aproach you in the store.  

i like how you pointed out some ways for the customer to help there experience without being condesending. makes it sound like you care about having a good day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007 edited
    Here in California its minimum wage which is $7.50 hour wage plus commission.  

since when did california pay commission?  

You might want to add that you have to attend stupid meetings.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007 edited
    Sasquatch:If you weren't asking anything too technical it's because Fry's is slipping when it comes to hiring new employees. One of the Fry's mottoes is, "Home of the high-tech professionals," but this is becoming less and less true. Management needs to make sure people being hired for sales has ample knowledge of the product they are going to be dealing with. One problem department is computers. The people over there don't know a damn thing about computers, and it's a shame that customers have to deal with people that have wal-mart level product knowledge for the sake of... well, I'm not really sure why we hire people that would think high school was a challenge.

Fry's people actually know a lot but they just don't have TIME to explain stuff. They simply say "I don't know" which is smarter and makes them more money. Time is money and they rather be selling than talking about computers and geeky details.Howard Dean for America '08
  1.  permalink
    Flea dont forget the nightly cavity searches to make sure your are not stealing flash drives in your butt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2007
    dean:

Fry's people actually know a lot but they just don't have TIME to explain stuff. They simply say "I don't know" which is smarter and makes them more money. Time is money and they rather be selling than talking about computers and geeky details.

While that might be true of some, overall our workforce is ignorant. Here in Houston anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007
    If you think about it Fry's employees are expected to do alot of shit! Why do you think we are stressed out or pissed sometimes!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2007
    There's more ignorant people at bust buy than Fry'sHoward Dean for America '08
  2.  permalink
    Thank you for your comments, flea. I find it very insignful. Sounds like sales people at Fry's do a lot more than most customers realize.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPrincess
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2007
    I don't mind doing all the stuff we're asked to since it's only super busy on the weekends. There's plenty of time to get your schematics done and it's even easier if you just walk your schematic everyday you come into work and put up that sign that was missing or downstock an empty hole or peg. It helps inventory, less customers will bug you to find things if it's already where it's suppose to be.  

If everybody just did there part, I guarantee that the level of stress our associates are having will decline. Just smile even if it's a fake smile. As for the customers that don't know what the phuck and Ipod or a free printer after rebate is. Phuck 'em! God save the Queen!:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2007
    So when do you find to do that Princess? its sounds like bullshit.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2007
    You're bullshit. Contribute something constructive. Every post you've made today has been derogatory and meaningless. You might want to start reading over your comments before posting as well.
  3.  permalink
    Your face is derogatory. Shave it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2007
    Another idiotic comment from CrazyFox.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcircaman1
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2007
    Being a computer salesman in store 10 is an awesome position cause its always busy and i get my occasional stupid customer here and there but i make a great living. i dont anybody else thats 19 years old and rakes in about $850 to $900 a week!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2007 edited
    I have to agree again on Mozilla Crazyfox.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2007
    Fry's is a great opportunity to make lots of money. You must take it seriously to make some really good money. Some are there to make it through school, some turn it to a career.Howard Dean for America '08
  4.  permalink
    I make more money than my DM in store 24concord in computer sales. And guess what, I don't have kids. I'm a young white suburban kid from a rich family. My up-bringing taught me to get as much money out of a job as possible. I hate Frys salesman who complain. Look at Moses, he racks up more than $1000 in commission a week. That mothfcker knows how to sell. I have taken alot of his tricks of the trades. $1000 dollars commission is possible in AV and computers every week!#24 Concord California, Computer Sales
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2007
    concord24topsalesmen:I make more money than my DM in store 24concord in computer sales. And guess what, I don't have kids. I'm a young white suburban kid from a rich family. My up-bringing taught me to get as much money out of a job as possible. I hate Frys salesman who complain. Look at Moses, he racks up more than $1000 in commission a week. That mothfcker knows how to sell. I have taken alot of his tricks of the trades. $1000 dollars commission is possible in AV and computers every week!

What is the secret to be the best?i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2007
    worm:
    concord24topsalesmen:I make more money than my DM in store 24concord in computer sales. And guess what, I don't have kids. I'm a young white suburban kid from a rich family. My up-bringing taught me to get as much money out of a job as possible. I hate Frys salesman who complain. Look at Moses, he racks up more than $1000 in commission a week. That mothfcker knows how to sell. I have taken alot of his tricks of the trades. $1000 dollars commission is possible in AV and computers every week!

What is the secret to be the best?

i like to know as well, i'm suffering at 300 in commission a week. :face-crying:the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2007 edited
    Anything detail related, that's what us Accessory Sales guys are for to be honest. Since we don't get paid commission, most likely we'll explain stuff to you. I highly recommend that any customer wants so-so tech support, ask an Accessory Sales guy/gal. I was in Accessory Sales in Computers for almost two years, so I know a fair amount. Just recently moved to returns. Yay.I shit trains, Now what?
  5.  permalink
    I dont know about some people, but I listen to some of our "Top salesmen" and nothing but lies comes out of their mouths when they are trying to make a sale. The end up having to make up for 70 dollar returns the next week. it's true about the foreign customers, they take forever to decide and they dont want the warranties, because they are no use outside the country, or even outside of the state where there is no frys. I am doing ok in sales, and most of the time during the mornings I get the busniess people who come in for the expensive laptops. But I wont flat out lie to a customer just to make my paycheck look pretty.:face-monkey:
  6.  permalink
    Sam:
    worm:

What is the secret to be the best?

i like to know as well, i'm suffering at 300 in commission a week. :face-crying:

That's sad...maybe it is just our store...probably not, 300 a week is horrible.  

...and to the original poster and all future posters...please for the love of god punctuate like you passed the third grade and try hitting the enter key once in a blue moon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCorbinCSA
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2007
    guys look at the CSA's in you're store. We get paid 8 bucks an hour if you get certified. we don't get commission and only are able to get raises if we do 1k+ an hour even then our pay isn't that great. half the time we're treated like crap by the rest of the store. We're required to clean the bathrooms, take out trash, and clean the parking lot. so that's why if you have a small sale (>100$) most CSA's will not really talk to you and will try to get you out of his/her register so that they can get a bigger sale.(unless you get a fry's card from em). we make about 200 a week if we work 40hrs. The store manager likes it if we screw up, cause then the loss prevention can get their quota of screw-ups for the week (sat and sun are the worst) so they won't help us if we catch ourselves on a big purchase.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSevenup
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2007

I heard moses makes about $100,000 a year? Hes an asshole though.  

Im in components and im sick of being treated like Tech Support.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2007
    I need an adapter. You know, for my computer. Also my email is broken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorm_tux
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2007
    DarkCreep:  
    I heard moses makes about $100,000 a year? Hes an asshole though.  

Im in components and im sick of being treated like Tech Support.

i know the feeling being back in computers as well.. to make matters worse.. I had other sales people referring other customers to me.. I kept hearing "i was told that you know a lot about computers, my computer isnt working, can u help me?"I'm crushing your head... You flathead!
    •  
      CommentAuthordgcaste
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007
    Dude, seriously, if you hate it that much, fucking quit. Fry's isn't forcing you to do anything. If your livelihood depends on this company perhaps it's best you start looking elsewhere for a job that doesn't tax your spleen and heart muscle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2017
    I imagine it's terrible, because unlike Target, your card is a scam.  
    Target = 5% off all things for no extra charge  
    :face-angel::face-angel::face-angel::face-angel:

baby bat.png
Add your comments