Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdunne
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    I just bought a digital camcorder in Fry's Houston today.  
    I had to collect it at the checkout where I then paid for it.  
    When I got home I realised it was a resealed box; and when I opened it there was no camcorder inside!....all the manuels, cables and discs...but no camcorder.  
    How can that happen?  
    Am I now going to be treated like a scam artist when I go back tomorrow?
  1.  permalink
    I am sorry. But the manuel, cable, and disk alone would weigh nothing. You must be an idiot or something to leave a store with a box that hardly weighs anything at all and there is supposed to be a camcorder in it. And the Houston stores closed over 3 hours ago. Why are you just saying this now. You should have called the store or gone back right away and banged on the doors as there are people inside still cleaning up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    Unless the purchase was an XL-2 or something big, many camcorders quite possibly weight less than the manual, so I wouldn't necessarily go off on him/her for that.  

My question would be for it being a resealed box - was it a return or how did you know it was resealed? If you paid full price for a return that's a flag there. New items should have an orange sticker to prevent opening and resealing. Explain the situation as best you can and go from there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    sdunne: I just bought a digital camcorder in Fry's Houston today.  
    When I got home I realised it was a resealed box; and when I opened it there was no camcorder inside!....all the manuels, cables and discs...but no camcorder.  
    How can that happen?  

Sucks dude. Just try to explain the situation to the PIC. [MIC now?] If you're lucky, they gave you the demo packaging, and have an accurate inventory. Good luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdunne
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    they we pretty helpful at the store today.  
    They exchanged it and gave me a $25 gift token for my trouble.  
    They acted very surprised and wondered if it was a problem in the factory or in transit from the factory (it was obviously a return that was put back together incorrectly).  
    They brought me another return and said I could take that one or else choose something else altogehter. I took it after checking it out and the contents of the new box.  
    I talked to an assistant, then the manager and assistant manager came over. All in all they were helpful, polite and sloved my problem....and threw in a gift token.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Sexcellent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Personally, I'd take it back You're playing roulette with purchasing a returned item from Fry's. Take the sales slip and go to Best Buy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    For a religious person, you sure know how to hold a grudge. It is taking me more and more effort each year to hold my most cherished grudge close.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    Sorry it happened. Glad it worked out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    It's not a grudge - just reality. Been burned/lied to one too many times by Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    It's all good Obi, you hold on to that cancerous hate real tight now
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i burn fries:face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    especially now since they are in hot oil from omar.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Whatever happened to... all that?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    He pleaded not guilty back on the 4th
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    How can that happen?  

It's your fault. you shouldnt have left the store empty handed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and after pleading innocent what happened?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    I know... I haven't heard anything about the matter since then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    I'm not sure when the actual trial starts, but I'd love to know if anybody can find it
  3.  permalink
    sdunne: they we pretty helpful at the store today.  
    They exchanged it and gave me a $25 gift token for my trouble.  
    They acted very surprised and wondered if it was a problem in the factory or in transit from the factory (it was obviously a return that was put back together incorrectly).  
    They brought me another return and said I could take that one or else choose something else altogehter. I took it after checking it out and the contents of the new box.  
    I talked to an assistant, then the manager and assistant manager came over. All in all they were helpful, polite and sloved my problem....and threw in a gift token.

wat store was it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    Sasquatch:

which houston store? :PHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Store 23 - Houston.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: Store 23 - Houston.

So your friends sold them that invisible camcorder. lol
  4.  permalink
    ObiWan: Personally, I'd take it back You're playing roulette with purchasing a returned item from Fry's. Take the sales slip and go to Best Buy.

You know, they may have tested it as well. Store 38 Duluth does that on Open Box during an exchange.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    That Guy in Duluth:
    ObiWan: Personally, I'd take it back You're playing roulette with purchasing a returned item from Fry's. Take the sales slip and go to Best Buy.

You know, they may have tested it as well. Store 38 Duluth does that on Open Box during an exchange.

There should be a QA sticker on every box which claims the product has been fully tested and checked.