Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009
    I'm a person who always enjoys debate. I'm also the type to enjoy helping others. I've spent the last almost five years reading. Not just web posts or flimsily written psych or political economy books. But detailed histories of the majority of the world, about the opinions of many of the greatest minds and most evil minds in the world. I have weighed over much in the universe and in my own life. Through it all I have made many opinions that have yet to be logically challenged.I have also found that besides my own father there is no one who has an opinion that is similar to mine even in goal. I would be delighted if all on this forum would join in and participate in a serious debate of opinions. So without further ado I bring you the Sialer's Advice Discussion.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Tip Of Advice Management
    hey thanks for the opinions
    hey thanks for the opinions
    Fry's Interview In San Jose This Coming Week..Any Advice?
    Friendly advice
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    I would like to start of by saying that suzukiman I do feel that you opinion is extremely communist but I also feel that communism is ok under the circumstances: that no one is forced to do anyhting. You see almost all of my ideas are based on the no force policy. No one has the right to force another to do something. Well lets clarify. I believe that no one should impede on others right to pursue their freedoms. And I also believe you should never break contract. Oh and I think democracy is bullshit too. I think that the government is terrible and needs to be reduced back down to what it was at the birth of this country. in fact the bill of rights should be the only laws that are enforced.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Genetics are almost 100% of ones personality.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I'm on both sides of that fence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: I'm on both sides of that fence.

I'm undecided.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    ah genetics. are you a psychology student? I have noticed almost everyone who believes that genetics tell everything about a person are psychology buffs. Regardless, I think that is a statement that has a long way till it can be proven true. Personally I don't believe it ever will.  
    In other News I would like to make public my belief that free markets are our only chance to quick economic recovery, and our only chance to avoid future economic turmoil.  
    I would be pleased if anyone has an opposing opinion. Be prepared for a rebudle.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Heh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well you already know my opinion on free markets.:face-devil-grin:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    I almost forgot. I will have posts about why those things are bad or wrong, hopefully, soon. I personally would never agree to those things and therefore it would be against my will. I would have to be forced and to be forced is against my human rights and therefore wrong. Oh and to dispel your first statement Gays have no special rights they have all the same rights as humans do. Do architects have different rights than carpenters? Or do men have different rights than women? Or do blacks have different rights than mexicans? Their rights are no different than any others. I will address your other statements at a later point in time.:face-angel:Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i fully agree but they do because they are a minority so they already get more rights im against them from abusing this and the fact they whine too much other than that i could care less about the population of san fran.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    you should watch the youtube series i posted on that topic also its very good it shows very much how our free market cares for the people in video number 7Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    Post a link and I will check it out. The government that we allow to "lead us" forces these rules on us not the minority. We should blame the government and ourselves for allowing it not them for using it. When the government gives you your social security after you retire would you accept it or not. You will be a minority. Also the money you are getting isn't necessarily yours. I mean you pay out of your income but you may get more than you put in. Or maybe you get less and your money is going to someone else. You still complain about the minority instead of the government? The government cheats us all out of money and rights. The government isn't about rights or minorities or majorities. They are 100% about power. Governments natural direction is to regulate more so they can ask for more money so they can "take care" of you more and then you begin to rely on them more then they ask for more. The pattern continues. All new regimes come into power trying to give the "people" freedom and liberty. But very quickly the people forget and the government wants to "help" The people in charge notice this power and take advantage because we give them the opportunity. Remember there are two things that never change our rights and whats right. Government isn't out to get you they are out for themselves. Now there is nothing wrong with wanting luxury but impeding on others rights to do anyhting is wrong.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    First, because I only have so much time and I do have school in the morning, I would like to talk on the youtube video The Tank Man 7/8 Concerning free market economy. The term free market has and hopefully always will bring attention to the word free. Free: grant freedom to; free from confinement. So you see the term free market isn't true unless you are not confined by the government. Though the company was not forced to operate there they where told by the government in order to operate there it was necessary for them to abide by certain rules outside of not impeding on others rights. So it was first of all not a free market situation. Concerning Cisco as silly as it sounds the consumers using something for anything he pleases is no crime. But in concerns to the governments actions: the Chinese government has done many things against the rights I have previously mentioned not the least of which is murder. And certainly I would say in regards to the cameras and policing that public property is not by any means government property.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2009 edited
    No, I'm an identical twin. I own a 100% exact replica of myself in DNA. You'd be amazed. Look up some case studies of people either finding family after 19-20 years of living, and being in disbelief at the simliarities they had with no others, and seperated identical twins at birth who still do the same things despite radically different upbringing. This is a scientific fact, not theory. Psychology majors may just be the only people you know with a college education in the field.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    Environment and circumstance determine how that personality presents itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    fryguy: Environment and circumstance determine how that personality presents itself.

Alright, please re-read my statement. ""Look up some case studies of people either finding family after 19-20 years of living, and being in disbelief at the simliarities they had with no others, and seperated identical twins at birth who still do the same things despite radically different upbringing.""  

Again, since you like reiteration:  
    "seperated identical twins at birth who still do the same things despite radically different upbringing.""  

Please, feel free to do the research, as I am encouraging.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    I'm not denying or refuting anything you wrote. I agree with your initial assertion. No matter what the circumstance, aspects of who you are will shine through, so it's natural that separated twins would lead similar lives. It's the differences I think that are more interesting.  

Since your genetics are set, it's the outside factors that determine those differences. You and your twin don't react to everything the same way, do you? If you could wind back time, and change certain circumstances and experiences, couldn't that alter major aspects of how you act?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    We just need to travel to the fifth dimension to find out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009 edited
    fryguy: Since your genetics are set, it's the outside factors that determine those differences. You and your twin don't react to everything the same way, do you? If you could wind back time, and change certain circumstances and experiences, couldn't that alter major aspects of how you act?

Yes, we do "React to everything the same" we are in essence the same person in two bodies. Twins who tell you they are different are in denial. Its very hard for a twin to overcome the idea of seperation of person. When a twin understands themselves, they understand their twin. When you accept yourself fully and utterly, you accept your twin. Those twins who would say they are different have not reached that pique of maturity which some never see. All people want to be different. Even twins, and so it's hard especially for young twins.  

However, seperated twins do . Without eachother, they simply do the same things. When put in the same situation as one another, they react the same, regardless. There are of course, vague exceptions, and portions of things, such as picking up an accent, or if you are prone to pick up phrases, picking up a phrase your 100% dna does not, but phrases do not shape the intent behind them. I would say 98% of ourselves is genetic. That is why many people say "Egads, you act just like your grandma" or in the example of my good friend who gave her son for adoption and only met with him when he was already 19, he met his grandfather and his mouth fell open, because he was so exact in nature to him, it was simply flabbergasting.  

Even twins brought up in completely different social circumstance come out the same. There is very little the outside world can do to influence anything but your progress through phases of your personal life. If I move to a better job than my twin, she will surely catch up, all of this preprogrammed from my father and his side of our family.  

Even my example: we did not know our dad until we moved in with him late in our lives. But we never knew him, grew up in a completely OPPOSITE lifestyle. We were seperated, in friends, by will, for most our youth, but even with our seperation, our identical behaviour to him was astounding. Even the quirky way we spread butter was passed from his line, and we never knew where we got it... just spread along... with all the rest of our family the opposite.  

Do the research, and you will find similiar experiences from many people. Personality is genetic. Taste is genetic. Your grandma's side might have liked red, while your dad liked blue and your mom liked blue (probably passed from one of their parents sides) but you like red, and no one can figure out why.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: Genetics are almost 100% of ones personality.

My cat has a complete different personality than my dog, yet they grew up together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf:
    AyaHu: Genetics are almost 100% of ones personality.

My cat has a complete different personality than my dog, yet they grew up together.

I'd throw a gang sign at you. If like, I knew any and this was IRL.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    try reading prometheus rising and quantum psychology by Robert Anton Wilson if you want an accurate understanding of how humans think
  2.  permalink
    Genetics is bullshit.  

*click*
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    So let me just get this straight. Even though you made two posts, long ones at that, I need to make sure you are saying that genetics is a 100% proven science and that.... wait.... how many cases were there that said twins where uncannily identical and yet they grew up in radically different. I don't have time to really debate this point because I'm at josh's. I'm going to give you a good type licking when I have the time to think about your seemingly ridiculous post.  

OBAMA SUCKS BALLS!  
    SARAH PALIN SHOULD BE PRESIDENT!!!!!  
    JK. IT'S ALL ABOUT BUSH!!!!Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I dont believe genetics is a proven science, I don't think anyones done enough testing to prove anything. Ive seen about 53 cases, never had the time or desire to look at more.  

Not that I disagree, but the ones posting about genetics being bullshit ought to not speak of ignorance, I say do the research first, then come back with a coherent reason as to why they are bullshit and I will believe you.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    So my father left when I was 3, don't remember anything about him, after decades I hunted him down and found out some interesting revalations reguarding the present subject. He and I enjoy alot of the same music I mean ALOT. Also even more jarring was the fact that we both share the same favorite poem. No possible way that was influenced by each other. Yet he's a womanizer and I have tons of respect for bitches! (just kidding) So I was raised by my mother who inbued a certain level of respect for all indiviuals including women. He and I totally have the same hardware yet completely different software. When you use a computer you have to deal with both facets. Same goes for humans. Some of ya'll are starting to get a little alltruistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Your respect for women may have come from her side. Only some cases are ever extreme like the ones I cited.  
    Humans, genetically are a mix of mother and father, no avoiding it.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLurch
    Software hommie software. If one of you had been sexually assalted as a child and the other one didn't, even your dreams would be different. What happenes to you throughout your life, your inputs, is what makes up your perspective of the reality you experience. Your genes tell you how to feel about those inputs. your hardware(brain) is only where the information is stored, only information is information.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Yes. So it was not surprising when he said "I have also found that besides my own father there is no one who has an opinion that is similar to mine even in goal. " because the theory is that personality traits are passed down genetically.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu: Yes. So it was not surprising when he said "I have also found that besides my own father there is no one who has an opinion that is similar to mine even in goal. " because the theory is that personality traits are passed down genetically.

Personality is brought on by influence. Everyone is copying everyone else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    thats why i try to copy computers instead.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    AyaHu: I dont believe genetics is a proven science, I don't think anyones done enough testing to prove anything. Ive seen about 53 cases, never had the time or desire to look at more.  

Not that I disagree, but the ones posting about genetics being bullshit ought to not speak of ignorance, I say do the research first, then come back with a coherent reason as to why they are bullshit and I will believe you.

Hypocrite.  

I honestly don't need to research it at all, my brother and I are a prime example. As long as there is one case to prove what you say is wrong, then I can easily say all the other cases are mere coincidence including you and your sister. Research would be a complete waste of time regarding the matter.
  4.  permalink
    These are really interesting topics for me considering the irony. Right now I am taking Political Science and Developmental Psychology. For politics, yes I do agree that today our country blows. It would be better to go back to a simpler time of the late 1700's/early 1800's. Back when the government was limited to only 17 things to have control over. The government today still claims that our "democracy" is the same but in reality it's way off. Those 17 government limitations has been manipulated, reinterpreted, and construde through out time to give the government more power, the funny part is that they think we are to stupid to notice anything. If I could go back in time during the time of James Madison, Alexander Hamilton and Ben Franklin, I would, in a heart beat.  

I hate politics!! Politics today is more and more about greed and power. We are becoming more and more divied because of politics.  

For the genetics, my psychology class argues both sides of twins development. From what I have learn it's 95% enviroment and (possibly) 5% genetics. I think for the 5% you would probably look at inherited diseases and x linked disorders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009 edited
    Joshua:
    AyaHu: I dont believe genetics is a proven science, I don't think anyones done enough testing to prove anything. Ive seen about 53 cases, never had the time or desire to look at more.  

Not that I disagree, but the ones posting about genetics being bullshit ought to not speak of ignorance, I say do the research first, then come back with a coherent reason as to why they are bullshit and I will believe you.

Hypocrite.  

I honestly don't need to research it at all, my brother and I are a prime example. As long as there is one case to prove what you say is wrong, then I can easily say all the other cases are mere coincidence including you and your sister. Research would be a complete waste of time regarding the matter.

And vice versa. ;DSuperhero!
  5.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    Joshua:

Hypocrite.  

And vice versa. ;D

Zomg, we have something in common! :face-devil-grin: Haha, you're right!  

gossipgirl025: These are really interesting topics for me considering the irony. Right now I am taking Political Science and Developmental Psychology. For politics, yes I do agree that today our country blows. It would be better to go back to a simpler time of the late 1700's/early 1800's. Back when the government was limited to only 17 things to have control over. The government today still claims that our "democracy" is the same but in reality it's way off. Those 17 government limitations has been manipulated, reinterpreted, and construde through out time to give the government more power, the funny part is that they think we are to stupid to notice anything. If I could go back in time during the time of James Madison, Alexander Hamilton and Ben Franklin, I would, in a heart beat.  

I hate politics!! Politics today is more and more about greed and power. We are becoming more and more divied because of politics.  

For the genetics, my psychology class argues both sides of twins development. From what I have learn it's 95% enviroment and (possibly) 5% genetics. I think for the 5% you would probably look at inherited diseases and x linked disorders.

Woah! In most cases, couldn't agree with you more... and I like being involved with politics. Regarding the genetics, that's pretty much what I learned in my biology class freshman year of high school :).
  6.  permalink
    Don't worry Josh, you will learn more in college. What college are you gonna be going to? If you're gonna go to community college take advantage of our tuition here in California. People out of state get raped up the ass with tuition fees just for community college. $200 a unit. That's crazy. Gotta love our $20 a unit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    gossipgirl025: Don't worry Josh, you will learn more in college. What college are you gonna be going to? If you're gonna go to community college take advantage of our tuition here in California. People out of state get raped up the ass with tuition fees just for community college. $200 a unit. That's crazy. Gotta love our $20 a unit.

I went to college in CA, it was so nice. And cheap thanks to my father's electricity bill stating my residency. God bless the USA.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsialer
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009

Ok you have lack of evidence. That means there is no research necassary, However you refined and changed you view and I now no longer disagree with your statement. Therefore no debate on the matter of genetics is necessary. My view on the matter is that it is of low important on the list of world needs or even state needs. It is a fine discussion but I would prefer we change gears to a new topic of discussion. I would like to ask for a sensible topic to debate about or questions to be answered.Ignorance is bliss... but only to those who don't know better.
  7.  permalink
    I have been going to a community college nearby Fry's electronics. Definitely very cheap (compared to others.)  

The problem with it is since the community colleges make money off of property taxes, and we've had this real estate problem... lowering the value of houses, thus the tax... and poor people not being able to afford a home... Most community colleges are dropping classes like flies.  

Don't really learn a lot at community colleges either... unless it's in a field that I am completely new in. Since I'm taking a Business major, there's really not too many new things in there for me to learn. I'm just going to transfer to a CSU either next semester or the semester after with the business admin credits I have + gen ed classes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2009
    Yayyy, Cali finally passed their crazy budget.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    whats the scoop on the budget? havnt really paid attentionLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It's kinda ghetto, but whatev. I don't live there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well what are they spending on?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    State budget plan breakdown  
    (February 19, 2009)  

Budget breakdown  
    Highlights of the fiscal plan state lawmakers have been trying to pass since Saturday:  

Tax hikes:  
    Vehicle license fee nearly doubles to 1.15%  
    Sales tax rises 1 cent  
    Gasoline tax rises 12 cents a gallon  
    Surcharge on income taxes of 2.5% to 5%  
    Dependent care tax credit reduces by $200  

Spending cuts*  
    $8 billion from public schools, community colleges  
    $567 million from grants to disabled and blind  
    $1.4 billion from state worker salaries and overtime  
    $787 million from state colleges, universities  
    $460 million from public transit  
    $185 million from programs for the developmentally disabled  

Tax breaks  
    $690 million for multistate/multinational companies  
    $200 million for small businesses hiring new people  
    $100 million for Hollywood production companies  
    $100 million in credits for people buying newly built homes  
    * Cuts would be larger if federal stimulus money does not materialize as expected.  

Sources: California Legislature, Times reporting  
    Publication: Los Angeles Times  

"[save] $567 million from grants to disabled and blind"  

Because, you know, 567 million dollars puts a big dent in a budget deficit of over forty billion dollars. Raise the taxes on alcohol and cigarettes, jeez.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    that is why im probably moving  
    in 5 yearsLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Cali will fall off the continent soon, not to worry. I'll miss the kinokoniya bookstore.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    will it take fruit city and its inhabitants too??:face-smile::face-smile: before they all move out of san fran :face-smile::face-smile::face-smile:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Of course it's going to take all of them. I will miss sanfran!!!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009 edited
    i wount ever been lost in it pulling a trailer??? god awful. ...... the funny thing is on the right side of the us you have the big apple on the "left" side you have the rainbow apple.  

this is about as fun as whacking cars with golf clubs at pride fairs without the prison hang over ....... hey im indiscriminant about my whacking dont hate:face-monkey:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Suzukiman: i wount ever been lost in it pulling a trailer??? god awful. ...... the funny thing is on the right side of the us you have the big apple on the "left" side you have the rainbow apple.  

this is about as fun as whacking cars with golf clubs at pride fairs without the prison hang over ....... hey im indiscriminant about my whacking dont hate:face-monkey:

Thats why you should go on foot. That's only user error.Superhero!