Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkayak77
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2007
    I don't get why people gripe about Fry's so much. I go to Walmart when I need to find a lot of things and I want them cheap. If I don't feel like battling the crowds and not being able to find someone to help me, I go somewhere else.  

Fry's is similar. They have the best prices and the biggest selection for techies. I don't expect a lot of service because I just want to find the part I want at the best price. It may be a great brand with great quality but Fry's is going to have it the cheapest. I've had to return a few items but I make sure I do it within a short period of time. I've never had a problem.  

If people want better service and don't want to be confused by the selection, they should go where they can get help. Fry's is not for the novice because if someone is looking solely at price, they may buy just that, a cheaply made and maybe the wrong part.  

I go to the Fry's in Renton, WA and love it because I can afford to feed my tech cravings there. Plus its not like I've received better service from the other retailers (best buy, circuit city, compusa). I actually have had some problems with others service.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics is part of the BBB!
    Walmart Vs. Fry's Electronics
    DO YOU STILL THINK THERE IS MORE FRAUD AND OTHER CONSIPIRACY'S AT FRY'S ELECTRONICS
    How To Steal From Fry's Electronics Inc & Trade Secrets Of The Company
    WHERE THE FUNK IS FRY'S ELECTRONICS W2!
  2.  permalink
    it's no big deal shopping at fry's if you know what you want, anywhere for that matter. There's just a lot of people out there who's not tech savvy and doesn't really know what they need.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganC
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2007
    People at both Fry's and Walmart are actually really nice. There are a few rude ones from time to time, but overall they're both good places to shop. And the prices are great too. Especially during the holiday seasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2007
    Walmart people are nonexistant.  

At least in Fry's you have people assigned to a certain area that don't wander (or aren't supposed to) outside of their assigned area.  

At Walmart, trying to find someone to help you is pointless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2007 edited
    I have to give Walmart credit for making the purchase easier. You want a computer you have a computer, not a million computers to choose from.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2007
    So what you're saying is that we should all drive the same car, wear the same clothes, eat the same food, and use the same phones. Basically you're saying that choices are bad, and everyone should just use the same thing. No one should have any different needs, and no one should be given a choice on what they need or want..... Yah.... that makes no sense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Well that's why the Walmart brand is called Equate. Dell vs Equate.. Same specs but Equate saves you a few bucks.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    I really think people dont want the choice you are talking about. What they want is Dell or HP, Coke or Pepsi.. Vista or Mac. Too many choices confuse customers.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2007
    no no, i think people do want choices. they just can't decide. that's why there are sales people to help them decide e.g. Fry's.  
    Walmart has a few selections because it's not a sales driven store whereas fry's is.  
    Walmart strategy is to give LOW prices and sale them in HUGE quantity. thus, they have a lot of control over products and can manipulate pricing. damn...walmart is HUGE!!! they have over a million employees.the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round