Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfriedsnake
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2009
    We had Mopar on store 23 and our District manager said the commission will change to 6.50 and hour plus whatever your ring up. Supervisors are 7 and hour and get a percentage of netsales comm. We don't know if they will change this for sure
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Department Manager for Customer Service?
    Ask me anything you want about the Service Department
    I filed a charge/complaint with the Department of Labor & The California Labor Commission
    More Commission Busting Sales Tips for Customers
    Frys service department....
    •  
      CommentAuthorcalculon
    I've heard rumors of some changes in the way things work for CSA's. I haven't heard anything concrete yet though.  

I've also heard some talk about moving some of the Acc. Sales positions on the floor to a rate much like Software employees get paid now, i.e. if the department hits sales for the quarter, the pay goes up, if not, it goes down... Who knows. IMO, commission is the almighty motivator, so it could be a good thing, but who knows.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Most of the kids that work at Fry's are too young and short sighted to care very much about commission.
  2.  permalink
    This is what they are considering. They are still talking about going back to commission for cashiers. They have enabled cashiers to start selling PSC's at the registers. Maybe make some commission every time we ring up one. It's all talk right now. But we will have to see.
  3.  permalink
    Dist#3 is with Myron W, isn't it?
  4.  permalink
    friedsnake: We had Mopar on store 23 and our District manager said the commission will change to 6.50 and hour plus whatever your ring up. Supervisors are 7 and hour and get a percentage of netsales comm. We don't know if they will change this for sure

sounds like they are going back to normal. That's how it was done about 4 years ago. Minimum wage plus commission. I don't know what your's is but in California ours is $8/hr.
  5.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    friedsnake: We had Mopar on store 23 and our District manager said the commission will change to 6.50 and hour plus whatever your ring up. Supervisors are 7 and hour and get a percentage of netsales comm. We don't know if they will change this for sure

sounds like they are going back to normal. That's how it was done about 4 years ago. Minimum wage plus commission. I don't know what your's is but in California ours is $8/hr.

Georgia is $6.85Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009
    SDCherryPicker: This is what they are considering. They are still talking about going back to commission for cashiers. They have enabled cashiers to start selling PSC's at the registers. Maybe make some commission every time we ring up one. It's all talk right now. But we will have to see.

Great I can see problems with cashiers changing quotes on this one..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  6.  permalink
    someone:
    SDCherryPicker: This is what they are considering. They are still talking about going back to commission for cashiers. They have enabled cashiers to start selling PSC's at the registers. Maybe make some commission every time we ring up one. It's all talk right now. But we will have to see.

Great I can see problems with cashiers changing quotes on this one..

Hmm, I've noticed that... when we ring up something like a PS3, I can add a PSC to it. Maybe they are considering something similar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    someone:

Great I can see problems with cashiers changing quotes on this one..

Good point.
  7.  permalink
    Any salesman worth his/her salt would probably notice if a cashier changed a quote. And if that sales person got zero'd out on the PSC line, with the cashier re-writing the quote, shit would fly. That cashier would be fired on the spot.  

What I'd really like to see is for sales people to get paid off their net/gp percentages.
  8.  permalink
    When a salesman doesn't do fuck all and the customer wasn't satisfied with his service and bitches at me and then doesn't want the PSC I will just scan everything manually. I will put that transaction aside and make a copy. If they come asking about the transaction then I will tell them what happened and how they were horrified with the service and give them the copy so they can claim it to audit that they should get the commission. But what might happen now is that whenever we ring up any PSC no matter if a cashier types it in or it was on the quote both the salesmen and the cashier will get commission.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009
    particleman: Any salesman worth his/her salt would probably notice if a cashier changed a quote. And if that sales person got zero'd out on the PSC line, with the cashier re-writing the quote, shit would fly. That cashier would be fired on the spot.  

What I'd really like to see is for sales people to get paid off their net/gp percentages.

A computers salesman, probably. In components, we write up way too many things to mentally keep track 100%.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    SDCherryPicker: When a salesman doesn't do fuck all and the customer wasn't satisfied with his service and bitches at me and then doesn't want the PSC I will just scan everything manually. I will put that transaction aside and make a copy. If they come asking about the transaction then I will tell them what happened and how they were horrified with the service and give them the copy so they can claim it to audit that they should get the commission. But what might happen now is that whenever we ring up any PSC no matter if a cashier types it in or it was on the quote both the salesmen and the cashier will get commission.

Every salesperson in the store hates cashiers that scan items manually, disregarding the quote.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    if i were a cashier i would never scan the quote ..... *solo* because I'm an ass hole, i'm an asshole *chorus* he's an asshole *solo* I'm an asshole *chorus overlapping "he's an"* he's an asshole an ass hole an ass holeLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    ♪ ♫ Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces ♫ ♪
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    hell yeah fighting midgets with deformaties for the handicap plaque is fun.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker: When a salesman doesn't do fuck all and the customer wasn't satisfied with his service and bitches at me and then doesn't want the PSC I will just scan everything manually. I will put that transaction aside and make a copy. If they come asking about the transaction then I will tell them what happened and how they were horrified with the service and give them the copy so they can claim it to audit that they should get the commission. But what might happen now is that whenever we ring up any PSC no matter if a cashier types it in or it was on the quote both the salesmen and the cashier will get commission.

Every salesperson in the store hates cashiers that scan items manually, disregarding the quote.

Dammit. No wonder nobody likes me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfriedsnake
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:

the top man has to make his mark, yet he also has to pay his price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfriedsnake
    i hope we do go back to real commission that way i can make 400 dollar checks a week like nothing
    •  
      CommentAuthorfriedsnake
    apparently we are switching most likely next quarter depending on home office. I just don't wanna wait that long april comes too slow
  10.  permalink
    As for quotes, I always try to scan it if I can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009
    *sings* be an assholeLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  11.  permalink
    Looks like our district is going to implement this... just seems like it because CSAs now have those PSC pocket guides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2009
    Keep us in the know.
  12.  permalink
    Sasquatch: Keep us in the know.

Certainly will.  

Which district does Myron Wilson run customer service? That's one of the stores I work at- then we'll know which district I'm referring to.
  13.  permalink
    Its a fact, store 17 (Tempe, Az) is going commish. 7.25 + commission. This store is hardcore about Frys cards, how about commission on those bad boys and CSA's might be motivated to actually get them. Ps pocket audits just prove that Frys Electronics trusts no one. Ready my ass!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    Guest: Its a fact, store 17 (Tempe, Az) is going commish. 7.25 + commission. This store is hardcore about Frys cards, how about commission on those bad boys and CSA's might be motivated to actually get them. Ps pocket audits just prove that Frys Electronics trusts no one. Ready my ass!

You know companies like CapitalOne will pay you $60 per approved application. You probably make that working 8 hours at Fry's.
  14.  permalink
    Guest: Its a fact, store 17 (Tempe, Az) is going commish. 7.25 + commission. This store is hardcore about Frys cards, how about commission on those bad boys and CSA's might be motivated to actually get them. Ps pocket audits just prove that Frys Electronics trusts no one. Ready my ass!

This is the second time they said they are switching to commission. But they won't. There just jackin your chain. Especially right in the middle of a quarter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:

Same. If a customer didn't want an item on the paper, I'd just scan it all manually. I'm certainly not going to waste 10 min of my time and the customer's time for something they don't even want. That's ridiculous. Every minute off of the registers hurts the cashiers, who don't get commission for anything. If you don't help your customer, you don't get commission, that's how I saw it.  

I had one salesman come after me for not using a quote. The dude gave the customer the wrong quote. It was a hard drive (where all of the boxes look the same) and he put in the wrong plu. If the damned sales associate can't check the damned plu, I'm certainly not going to help him out for wasting my time. And he and his sup had the gall to ask why I hadn't come to them for another quote. F*** that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjackaloupe
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    i agree bluebell! I used to do that as a cashier. And when new associates ask "omg what do i do, the quote has the wrong plu", i always tell them to just scan manually. I'm not gonna make the customer wait hella days just cause someone on the sales floor messed up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    How about you people give the salesmen the courtesy your job description entails. Salesmen have to work for their money, they don't stand in front of a register and pull the trigger on a laser gun. How would you like it if Audit didn't pay you for the day because you messed up one of your punches? You work for your money, we work for ours. Have a little respect for the people you work with, and don't assume a quote error is the fault of the salesmen. You should be well aware how stupid customers can be.
  15.  permalink
    I think cashiers are paid fairly considering the responsibility behind the job. The one's that are under paid would be the CS sups. In some stores the return associates get paid more then the CS sups. It sucks.
  16.  permalink
    Sorry, but customer service sups are nothing but over glorified cashiers that just know where the restrooms are. They are definitely not under paid because they are certainly not over worked. Also any cashier that has been caught not using a quote in our store has been dealt with severely or 5 dayed out if they are less then 90 days in the company. Remember, cashiers are a dime a dozen; it doesn't take a high school diploma to click a gun. Sorry for the reality check.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    Sasquatch: How about you people give the salesmen the courtesy your job description entails. Salesmen have to work for their money, they don't stand in front of a register and pull the trigger on a laser gun. How would you like it if Audit didn't pay you for the day because you messed up one of your punches? You work for your money, we work for ours. Have a little respect for the people you work with, and don't assume a quote error is the fault of the salesmen. You should be well aware how stupid customers can be.

I agree with you. We salesmen bring sell stuff you cashiers ring up. At least make sure we get our credit. Even better Randy Fry should make it so cashiers do not get credit unless a quote has been written.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFDcaTI0cl8&fmt=22  

Hell yeah, I am seeing this.
  17.  permalink
    Guest: Sorry, but customer service sups are nothing but over glorified cashiers that just know where the restrooms are. They are definitely not under paid because they are certainly not over worked. Also any cashier that has been caught not using a quote in our store has been dealt with severely or 5 dayed out if they are less then 90 days in the company. Remember, cashiers are a dime a dozen; it doesn't take a high school diploma to click a gun. Sorry for the reality check.

I guess someone has never been a sup in customer service before. I don't know about the sups you work with but as for me, yes I did know more then just where the bathroom was. If you know how cashiers are they you must know that it can be difficult trying to babysit at least 15 of them at a time when you're dsc. You could get more money babysiting 5 year olds then you do for cashiers.  

And here's another reality check, it doesn't take high school diploma to do any job at Fry's, whether it's clicking a gun or running the whole store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    btw the district your referring to is District 1.  
    commission starts this upcoming monday..if they dont change it..and i think the min. wage in nevada is like 7.55Las Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiriko
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    Sounds like they are going back to the way it was when I started with the company 4 years ago.Back then both the CSA's and Software got commissions. Ah those were the days.  

As for the sup's in SC, some can be a**holes, but some are great people to work with. It depends on the individual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiriko
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    It was announced this morning at the morning meeting that the customer service people ARE going to start getting commissions as of Today 8/24.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Kiriko: It was announced this morning at the morning meeting that the customer service people ARE going to start getting commissions as of Today 8/24.

so whats the commission rates?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiriko
    That wasn't mentioned so I will have to ask one of the cashiers.