Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfriedsnake
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009
    Let me begin by telling you about how i activated a batch of frys gift cards all in a value of 4000 in total. It happened this Thursday, one of my sups told me if i could do him a favor and ring up 6,0000 dollars worth in gift cards for the Houston Chronicle guy. Well as i try to be very care full im to about 4,0000 dollars and i guess the system was overloading so when my sup came to run the transaction ; the system crashed. when we started the system i was upset because i had to start over...but then i told the sup to check the balance on the cards, and they all had 20 dollars. I even purchased a flash drive with one of them and it worked! so here we were trying to figure out if we should pretend it never happened or just tell the DM. Our ASM Ron Bellamy just laughed and said to run the rest of the cards in and issue a gc and we would keep the gc, because the gift cards couldn't be voided because they didnt have an invoice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009
    mmm someone is going to be out of a job soon.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  1.  permalink
    Well, he did inform the ASM. If the ASM said it's okay, the blame falls there if there is any problems.  

We suffered the system down at about 6:40pm PST while I was on lunch, thank God I didn't have to deal with any manual transactions... Angry customers coming up the line and telling you off because you want some of their information for manual XD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    someone: mmm someone is going to be out of a job soon.

Hacking and disclosing hacks of the POS system is not acceptable.i am a worm.
  2.  permalink
    worm:
    someone: mmm someone is going to be out of a job soon.

Hacking and disclosing hacks of the POS system is not acceptable.

But it was not done as a hacking. It was a glitch that was not abused: a computer error. While the bug me be reproduced, you'd have to wait for another system failure... odds are, it was just a fluke.  

It was also brought up to the ASM to handle. Because the situation was handled in terms of the ASM, the fault wont fall on the associate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    I wonder how many of the Fly's cards the Chron actually gives out. Given that their other choices are usually Lowes, Target and WalMart. The Chron uses them as incentives for people to sign up for the paper.