Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=38617  

Now THAT is a computerWhy is there an S in Lisp?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Which associates do you wish you could fire in your department?
    If You wish to Purchase this, the following apply...
    I thought managers and employees couldn't buy discontinued items?
    Do you think productivity would go up if associates could wear sneakers?
    Do you think I could get a job?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    Lot's of money to spend.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    HEY! I was trying to figure out where my computer shipments went out to.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009
    I'd rather have 6TB of ram.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sexy. So sexy. I watched it without sound I dont like hearing people talk.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    If you work for Fry's, you'll never be able to afford it. Besides, they probably don't carry the components (if they do, they're probably damaged).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    24tb dual xeon with 8 gb of ecc/reg memory. in a 4u case we only have 2 so far. but are planning to expand.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    asdf: I'd rather have 6TB of ram.

He had only 4 GB of RAM in there. That is CRAZY.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I can think of better ways to spends ten grand. Was teaming two kilowatt power supplies really necessary?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    no people dont understand how much power is truely necessary all you need is a reliable 500watt powersupply that actually produces a constant 500watts but most noobcomputer wannabies don't get itLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    They are british.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    good point.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    He was Crossfiring 2 HD4870 X2's and running two QX9750s. And there were 24 SSD drives, each of which needed to be individually plugged in. I doubt highly that a 1000W PSU would have been enough. May have been easier to daisy chain two of those power supplies just for the drives alone.  

And wanted to make sure it would run.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2009
    and the reason you need 2 1kw psups is because they are crap and cant put out a constant 1kw rather more like 500watts maybe get a supermicro server power supply at 800 watts and you should be fine.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....