Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009
    How long did it take you before you went back to Fried after being fried? I'm planning on not setting foot in that place at all until I've got a new job. Then I'm going to go in at a busy time, stroll around and then turn my back on the line without a care in the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    probably 1 month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I set foot in it every day I was five dayed to annoy the heck out of the asm (already had a different job while I was working at fried.)Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Suzukiman: I set foot in it every day I was five dayed to annoy the heck out of the asm (already had a different job while I was working at fried.)

Id do this if I was you!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: I set foot in it every day I was five dayed to annoy the heck out of the asm (already had a different job while I was working at fried.)

Every day after you were fired? man people will think your obsessed with your old job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    Who cares what people think? It's funny!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    only for the five days then i never returned except to brag to the asm because I now make more than her and to the rest of the service department because Im an ass hole ..... (chorus) hes an ass hole and the asm cant come in whenever they feel like it and use the fried van to move stuff at their house or even take store items home to use.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  1.  permalink
    xbluebellax: How long did it take you before you went back to Fried after being fried? I'm planning on not setting foot in that place at all until I've got a new job. Then I'm going to go in at a busy time, stroll around and then turn my back on the line without a care in the world.

I remember that phase. The feeling of never having to put up with anyone's bull shit anymore. It really does feel good, but don't get to carried away, cause as quickly as it happened it will go away. Some people think its all about getting a better job so you can go and brag about it but then reality turns it around to slap you in the face.  

For me it was more about having a plan then getting a better job asap. Cause we all know that no one has any life long ambitions or plans while working at Fry's. Right now I'm going to school so I can have a better future for myself and have a real Thanksgiving and Christmas again. And honstely I'm making less then I did at Fry's but for a better future I can live with a few years of sacrafice. I feel so sorry for some of the people that are at Fry's for life cause some of them have so much more potential then Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    gossipgirl025:
    xbluebellax: How long did it take you before you went back to Fried after being fried? I'm planning on not setting foot in that place at all until I've got a new job. Then I'm going to go in at a busy time, stroll around and then turn my back on the line without a care in the world.

I remember that phase. The feeling of never having to put up with anyone's bull shit anymore. It really does feel good, but don't get to carried away, cause as quickly as it happened it will go away. Some people think its all about getting a better job so you can go and brag about it but then reality turns it around to slap you in the face.  

For me it was more about having a plan then getting a better job asap. Cause we all know that no one has any life long ambitions or plans while working at Fry's. Right now I'm going to school so I can have a better future for myself and have a real Thanksgiving and Christmas again. And honstely I'm making less then I did at Fry's but for a better future I can live with a few years of sacrafice. I feel so sorry for some of the people that are at Fry's for life cause some of them have so much more potential then Fry's.

You said it, I actually did have plans after Fry's while working there. I just wanted to stick it out so I didn't look like job-hopper switching and quitting after a few months. That I did, nearly 2 years at my first full-time job. Not too bad. I currently have school plans if I can ever get into the classes that I did. Right now I'll settle for the same pay as Fried, as long as it's closer to home, that' ll be an improvement.  

And as for the people who truly have no life, those who have been at fry's for 10+ years...yeah, that just breaks my heart in so many ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    in IT there is self teaching and taking cert tests not so much standard schoolingLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    I go to school and work at Fry's. While I go to school, I plan to move up in Fry's... then I'll be better off than most: job experience and an education.  

You guys have no credibility to say that there is no life long goals in Fry's. Look at the directors and district managers... you guys sit here complaining about them all the time and how they act all up the butt, while they probably sit home with a family not giving a shit about any of you guys. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to live that kind of life.  

Quite understandable if none of you want to move up or do better in Fry's, because that isn't a part of your plan. The people at the top though, that was there plan, and they are truly some of the most ambitious people out there. Just because not all of us have the same plan as you guys doesn't mean we poor losers who need your pity to move on.  

Now, my life long plans are not at Fry's, but I do intend on staying long if I can and moving up far. All of you think I'm *young and ignorant*, but you (or most of you) all think very one sided and can't stand the fact that there are smart people who are happy at Fry's. There are people there who are making a living, and living good... Some of you need to let go, you honestly think like a bunch of kids in high school.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Half the time those DMs and Directors are hired from outside the company.. Actually, most of the time. And if your career goal is that low paying, Im sorry for you but Im also happy for you since you are easily satisfied.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2009
    if you are planning to move up in the world and you worked 5+ years at frys, remember this retail work should not be listed on your resume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well possibly in very fine print most companies will not hire you back to retail after you have been at fries too long due to the fries mentality towards customers and they do actually move people up from inside the store because if they hired from outside those people wouldnt have the fried mentality fries wants.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: well possibly in very fine print most companies will not hire you back to retail after you have been at fries too long due to the fries mentality towards customers and they do actually move people up from inside the store because if they hired from outside those people wouldnt have the fried mentality fries wants.

Frys is a bad influence. No way should mention it as previous experience.
  3.  permalink
    asdf:
    Suzukiman: well possibly in very fine print most companies will not hire you back to retail after you have been at fries too long due to the fries mentality towards customers and they do actually move people up from inside the store because if they hired from outside those people wouldnt have the fried mentality fries wants.

I agree. The experiance got me no where, just to a minimum wage job. But the job is awesome. I get to do nothing all day, plus I am a much happier person once I quit frys. No more people yelling at you and no more commute.  

As for someone thinking a district position as a glorious job. It's not. 2 of my friends are DDMs and it may pay the bills but you have to remember that there will always be someone higher then you making your job miserable. Moving up was my old CSDM plan and then one glorious mopar day he did a ncns and never came back. Now he is in the same boat as I am but with a better paying job. The politics of Fry's is ridiculous, no job is worth it. I'm sorry but I like having a life, I like seeing my friends and family, I like my alone time, I like getting home before the sun goes down so I can take my dog for a walk. Cheesy I know but I truely am happy. I'm not just one sided either...for a temporary job frys is pretty alright, but only as a temporary job. Plus it's kinda contradictory to call everyone here "high schoolers" when you yourself can't buy alcohol. Trust me you do a lot of growing up between the years of 19 to 23.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I love bragging about it but I absolutely love my job here at AEGLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    asdf:

In Georgia, it is quite the opposite. Sales opportunities open up VERY quickly in other areas. Got a friend who used to work in Computer Sales at Fry's and was hired on the spot for an Insurance Company only because of his working at Fry's. Understandably, not the same type of sales, but sales nonetheless. A couple of other friends went down the same road. Fry's, I think, does open up opportunities as it does close. It all depends upon how you view it.Why is there an S in Lisp?
  5.  permalink
    gossipgirl025: Plus it's kinda contradictory to call everyone here "high schoolers" when you yourself can't buy alcohol. Trust me you do a lot of growing up between the years of 19 to 23.

If you are implying that by being able to buy alcohol, you are no longer childish or a "high schooler"... you are absolutely retarded. Simple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2009 edited
    Joshua:
    gossipgirl025: Plus it's kinda contradictory to call everyone here "high schoolers" when you yourself can't buy alcohol. Trust me you do a lot of growing up between the years of 19 to 23.

If you are implying that by being able to buy alcohol, you are no longer childish or a "high schooler"... you are absolutely retarded. Simple.

I think he was implying that if you are younger than 21 you can't call someone a high schooler, which is incorrect, as you are out of high school then and if you are smart you probably already have your own place, which is really the last learning hurdle of life besides long term commitment.  

What do you learn from 19 to 23, exactly, or what growing up do you do?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    the best way to avoid cops driving boxvans way way too fast.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I think that was only you, suzukiman!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    what 24foot bobtail boxvan with a turbodiesle is just like driving in nascar a big box on wheels going fast .... the cops didnt thing the description really satisfied driving the box van at 85 mph down the freeway. Its rather interesting trying to keep it streight much less upright when you hit a bump at 85 in one of those it really takes some concentration.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    Suzukiman: what 24foot bobtail boxvan with a turbodiesle is just like driving in nascar a big box on wheels going fast .... the cops didnt thing the description really satisfied driving the box van at 85 mph down the freeway. Its rather interesting trying to keep it streight much less upright when you hit a bump at 85 in one of those it really takes some concentration.

Dude, you off tomorrow or day after?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009
    Hey mom, going to meet some guy I met on the internet, be back later!  

Ok dear, be back by midnight!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I could possibly make it monday Ill have to see what there needs to be done or possibly after work no problem.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  7.  permalink
    Sasquatch: Hey mom, going to meet some guy I met on the internet, be back later!  

Ok dear, be back by midnight!

I've already met him long ago XD ahahaha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    and the suzuki.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    Suzukiman: and the suzuki.

Does it have a name?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch:

Does it have a name?

probably suzukiwoman
  8.  permalink
    asdf:
    Sasquatch:

Does it have a name?

probably suzukiwoman

How'd you know?! lol JK
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    hell yeah.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009
    Man-car love is a beautiful thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    What about women? I love my car. I loved my Integra. I miss her, but my car is good. It is big. Carries a lot of stuff.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    now thats just hot girl loving car = :face-smile: ....... I havnt seen any emoticons in a looooong time on this forum.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    :face-angel::face-angel::face-angel::face-crying::face-crying::face-crying::face-crying::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-devil-grin::face-monkey::face-monkey::face-monkey::face-monkey::face-monkey::face-plain::face-plain::face-plain::face-plain::face-sad::face-sad::face-sad::face-sad::face-smile::face-smile::face-smile::face-smile::face-smile:  

Feel better?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    This is so Web 1.0
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    nope try web 0.8 beta ........ and now for another looooooooong run of no smileys.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    Joshua:

No that's not what I'm implying. It was an example. Plus alcohol makes you think you can make stupid decisions, but if you are smart enough you learn from those mistakes. Like I said you do learn a lot between 19 and 23. But I'm not gonna argue with you cause you're still in that mentallity that you think you know everything and that you are so mature. Everyone fresh out of high school is like that. I will be the first to admit I was like that and EVERYONE I have worked with was like that whether they worked at Fry's or not. Plus you also learn that name calling is "absolutely" going to get you no where cause no one really cares if you call them retarded, but it did make me laugh and smile a bit even though it was directed twords me. It's ok I've been called worse but then again that was in high school.
  10.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    Joshua:

No that's not what I'm implying. It was an example. Plus alcohol makes you think you can make stupid decisions, but if you are smart enough you learn from those mistakes. Like I said you do learn a lot between 19 and 23. But I'm not gonna argue with you cause you're still in that mentallity that you think you know everything and that you are so mature. Everyone fresh out of high school is like that. I will be the first to admit I was like that and EVERYONE I have worked with was like that whether they worked at Fry's or not. Plus you also learn that name calling is "absolutely" going to get you no where cause no one really cares if you call them retarded, but it did make me laugh and smile a bit even though it was directed twords me. It's ok I've been called worse but then again that was in high school.

Another person that thinks they know me ahaha. You're also using past-tense to say that you were (*was*) like that, when you are completely blind and don't even realize that you *are* still like that, but very generous to at at least partially admit it. From my perspective, you think you know it all right now with your "you learn a lot between 19 and 23," I'm sure you do, or at least trying to prove that you have superior knowledge. You also learn a lot from 10 to 14, and 14 to 18, and so on... Your examples imply crap and you don't back them up, and then you try to put me down when you don't even know who I am; you can call me a "high schooler" all you want, but there are only 3 people on these forums who have met me in real life, and I'm sure you're not one of them- you have no credibility at all for what you say. To me, you are just another fool. While I don't like people poking at my weak spots, or for myself to admit weakness: we are honestly all weak and foolish in our own ways, you just show it more than others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    You teenagers think no one understands you.Superhero!
  11.  permalink
    Joshua:
    gossipgirl025:
    Joshua:

Another person that thinks they know me ahaha. You're also using past-tense to say that you were (*was*) like that, when you are completely blind and don't even realize that you *are* still like that, but very generous to at at least partially admit it. From my perspective, you think you know it all right now with your "you learn a lot between 19 and 23," I'm sure you do, or at least trying to prove that you have superior knowledge. You also learn a lot from 10 to 14, and 14 to 18, and so on... Your examples imply crap and you don't back them up, and then you try to put me down when you don't even know who I am; you can call me a "high schooler" all you want, but there are only 3 people on these forums who have met me in real life, and I'm sure you're not one of them- you have no credibility at all for what you say. To me, you are just another fool. While I don't like people poking at my weak spots, or for myself to admit weakness: we are honestly all weak and foolish in our own ways, you just show it more than others.

Ok what ever you say. I am that last person that thinks that they are better then others. I don't care about what you think of me or how high your "creditbility" is. But let me just point one thing out....you were the first person that called every one on this forum high schoolers. And no one cares about grammer here except for you appartently.  

But anyways like I said I'm not gonna argue with you but you can if you like, I'm obviously hitting some nerve with you to keep replying to everything I say back. My job is really boring so I need something to pass the time by.
  12.  permalink
    AyaHu: You teenagers think no one understands you.

I know. Seriously.
  13.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    Joshua:
    gossipgirl025:
    Joshua:

Ok what ever you say. I am that last person that thinks that they are better then others. I don't care about what you think of me or how high your "creditbility" is. But let me just point one thing out....you were the first person that called every one on this forum high schoolers. And no one cares about grammer here except for you appartently.  

But anyways like I said I'm not gonna argue with you but you can if you like, I'm obviously hitting some nerve with you to keep replying to everything I say back. My job is really boring so I need something to pass the time by.

W/e, it's easy to see that you're lying since you keep responding to whatever I say. You obviously don't care what I think of you since you are acting so stupid. As for some of the people here, yes, they are acting like "high schoolers;" I never said anything about everybody here neither said anything about "my credibility," only going on about yours. What's grammar have to do with this?  

The best way to see to it that you wont argue with me again, as you lied in your previous post, is to tell you that you're lying if you respond to this post. If you do post, then it just goes to show that you're a liar and that you really do care. You're in a lose-lose situation because if you don't respond, you wasted your time badgering me on these forums. I'm obviously hitting your nerves too (I'll admit you're doing a good job picking at mine), and then you go on about how you're not going to argue with me. Good for you with your boring job- cheers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    You teenagers, so defensive!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    AyaHu: You teenagers think no one understands you.

We have all been there done that. Trust us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Some of us grew out of it. Some of us didn't. *sad music*Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Everyone is immature to an extent. Which is a good thing, sometimes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Admitting your own immaturity is true maturity.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    aw quit picking on the little kid. its mean to call him immature when he can't help it. remember kids, we all knew everything when we were in highschool.  

p.s. i've never admitted I worked at Fry's on any job resume