Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I heard the FCO is going to have some new policies and "real" (weekly) commission is going to be applied to the cashiers now.  

Anybody else getting this news for their store?
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Changes at FCO
    Making the price changes/signs for Frys...
    Circuit City tring to be cool will change their name to The City
    Do you think Obama will change the laws to let all employees unionize?
    Someone changed my title without permission
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    Joshua: I heard the FCO is going to have some new policies and "real" (weekly) commission is going to be applied to the cashiers now.  

Back to the old ways is the best way to go. It's only fair.i am a worm.
  3.  permalink
    Commission starts on the 27th for cashiers. $2.30 for every thousand dollars made. They are thinking about doing commission for selling a PSC but they are concered about cashier dropping big quotes and ringing up the PSC themselves.  

And they go back to all making $8 an Hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    Interesting.
  4.  permalink
    worm:
    Joshua: I heard the FCO is going to have some new policies and "real" (weekly) commission is going to be applied to the cashiers now.  

Back to the old ways is the best way to go. It's only fair.

You said it!
  5.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: Commission starts on the 27th for cashiers. $2.30 for every thousand dollars made. They are thinking about doing commission for selling a PSC but they are concered about cashier dropping big quotes and ringing up the PSC themselves.

Yeaup, that's what I got. I already got my PSC Pocket Guides. I have no doubt that some of the cashiers are going to try & cheat the system >.<
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    Oh, man, I just missed it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    SDCherryPicker: Commission starts on the 27th for cashiers. $2.30 for every thousand dollars made. They are thinking about doing commission for selling a PSC but they are concered about cashier dropping big quotes and ringing up the PSC themselves.  

And they go back to all making $8 an Hour.

Empty your wallets so you can start putting real money in your wallets.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    what does the average cashier pull in on a daily basis?  

What was the old commission structure?
  6.  permalink
    asdf: what does the average cashier pull in on a daily basis?  

The old commision was the same I think.  

I make on my register an average of 15k per day. Today I make $25k. So I can walk away with $50 a day extra if I keep making what I am making.
  7.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:

I make on my register an average of 15k per day. Today I make $25k. So I can walk away with $50 a day extra if I keep making what I am making.

Our store is anti-Cherry Picking. We are going to do a bingo thing for the registers & write ups for Reg 4, 5 if they let people cut for big sales. I think the system will last a while, until there are new Supers along the way who don't understand the importance of applying these rules.  

BTW, What will the Sups be getting now? Same rate, does anybody know? Just out of curiosity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I can imagine cashiers rewriting quotes so they can make more commission on PSCs.
  8.  permalink
    asdf: I can imagine cashiers rewriting quotes so they can make more commission on PSCs.

yeah if they give the cashiers a chance to have PSCs as part of their commission that could become a real big problem, plus I think if they do that then it will take commission away from the cashiers as well as sales associates when a return happens. I though that they were just gonna take back to the way it was in 05 where you only get a certain percentage of what you ring up? We didn't have the whole PSC thing.
  9.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    asdf: I can imagine cashiers rewriting quotes so they can make more commission on PSCs.

yeah if they give the cashiers a chance to have PSCs as part of their commission that could become a real big problem, plus I think if they do that then it will take commission away from the cashiers as well as sales associates when a return happens. I though that they were just gonna take back to the way it was in 05 where you only get a certain percentage of what you ring up? We didn't have the whole PSC thing.

Cashiers aren't getting the PSC commission, but they are certainly thinking about it; most of the cashiers at my store has PSC guides now. The new commission is .023% of what is rung up, which isn't too bad if you can ring up fast enough :)
  10.  permalink
    Joshua:
    SDCherryPicker:

Our store is anti-Cherry Picking. We are going to do a bingo thing for the registers & write ups for Reg 4, 5 if they let people cut for big sales. I think the system will last a while, until there are new Supers along the way who don't understand the importance of applying these rules.  

BTW, What will the Sups be getting now? Same rate, does anybody know? Just out of curiosity.

We still cherrypick but they also roll but that doesn't matter. Our store is busy enough where you can still ring up as much as you want and still cherrypick in between.
  11.  permalink
    Joshua:
    gossipgirl025:

Cashiers aren't getting the PSC commission, but they are certainly thinking about it; most of the cashiers at my store has PSC guides now. The new commission is .023% of what is rung up, which isn't too bad if you can ring up fast enough :)

I think they are leaning toward giving us commission for PSC's. They will just have to set ground rules so we won't drop quotes and ring up PSC's ourselves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    Are they also changing the payrate for Returns associates and Accessory sales next quarter or is it just for cashiers?Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  12.  permalink
    flea: Are they also changing the payrate for Returns associates and Accessory sales next quarter or is it just for cashiers?

Just for Cashiers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It would be awesome if they devised a way accessory sales could work on commission. Backstock would finally look good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    ive proposed accessory salesman get paid commission on the sales of the products in their isle. the can even pitch customers to make even more
  13.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:
    flea: Are they also changing the payrate for Returns associates and Accessory sales next quarter or is it just for cashiers?

Just for Cashiers.

In general though, the returns pay rate changes every quarter if there are too many returns. While their job is to return items, the goal is to "save the customer" and give them store credit. If they do too much returns to their cards or cash back, their pay drops. I think the Software dept. does the same if they don't hit sales projection, because their pay (at our store?) isn't commission.
  14.  permalink
    Joshua:
    gossipgirl025:

Ahh the good old days of commission. It was that percentage I believe before they changed it to the whole average base pay thing. Back then I was making more then I did as a supervisor. Are they changing the sups pay back the commission as well? That would suck if they didn't cause then the cashiers would be making more then the sups.
  15.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    Joshua:
    gossipgirl025:

Ahh the good old days of commission. It was that percentage I believe before they changed it to the whole average base pay thing. Back then I was making more then I did as a supervisor. Are they changing the sups pay back the commission as well? That would suck if they didn't cause then the cashiers would be making more then the sups.

I hear Sups aren't getting the commission. That means two things are (likely) going to happen: Everybody who is doing good doesn't want to be Sup and wont become one; Everybody doing bad wants to be a Sup and wont become one. They'll eventually come up with some incentive when they start running low on Supervisors, I feel sorry for everybody who is becoming a Sup very soon who just caught this news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    Someone told me Sups get 'commission' on how well their team does, but not directly off any sale.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009 edited
    AyaHu: Someone told me Sups get 'commission' on how well their team does, but not directly off any sale.

All sups make commission except for cashier sups. On average Cashier sups make less pay than the average cashier. Corporate sells the opportunity to move up the corporate ladder but does not guaranteed success or higher pay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2009
    Those bastards.Superhero!
  16.  permalink
    That sucks. I feel sorry for my sups they can't get a raise. Especially the sup I get along with. He gets yelled at all the time for doing his job. They'll pile loads of stuff for him to do and not the other sups. When there is a customer problem it gets directed to him only shit. I hate sup number 1 at store 7. She does shit nothing. Because she been with the company for so many years everyone afraid of her.
    27th huh? Then why did they lied to us and said it started yesterday?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Guest: That sucks. I feel sorry for my sups they can't get a raise. Especially the sup I get along with. He gets yelled at all the time for doing his job. They'll pile loads of stuff for him to do and not the other sups. When there is a customer problem it gets directed to him only shit. I hate sup number 1 at store 7. She does shit nothing. Because she been with the company for so many years everyone afraid of her.  

It may differ from store to store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBakaBaka
    At my store everyone confuse as well. Some said it was yesterday and some were saying on the week 1 new quarter.
  17.  permalink
    Guest: That sucks. I feel sorry for my sups they can't get a raise. Especially the sup I get along with. He gets yelled at all the time for doing his job. They'll pile loads of stuff for him to do and not the other sups. When there is a customer problem it gets directed to him only shit. I hate sup number 1 at store 7. She does shit nothing. Because she been with the company for so many years everyone afraid of her.  

I know who you are talking about and I couldn't agree more. The sup 1 there is a bitch. Does she still where low cut shirts? I hope not cause she is too old to be showing that much clevage. But the other sup, poor guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    gossipgirl025:

I know who you are talking about and I couldn't agree more. The sup 1 there is a bitch. Does she still where low cut shirts? I hope not cause she is too old to be showing that much clevage. But the other sup, poor guy.

She is very intimidating at first, and goes by the book to the letter, but she's nice enough if she knows you well enough. And, yes, when I was there she would still wear low-cut shirts.
  18.  permalink
    Dept 4 pay will be changing as well, but maybe this has already been discussed. Min-wage + a % of GP
  19.  permalink
    New Commission starts in a couple hours for Cashiers. Time to make that money. No Friends, No Prisoners, and the rivers of frys will run red with blood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    That has always been the best way. I know people who make $30k+ a year as a cashier on this pay structure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009 edited
    I only remember that the more friends you had as a cashier,  
    the better your check would be.  
    Your Friends would send large sales to your  
    register whenever they are Vanna-ing.  
    "10 laptops sir? Register 21 where my awesome friend is"  
    "A usb cable sir? Go to that black cashier right there"
  20.  permalink
    Is it true that they decided to cancel the commissions?
  21.  permalink
    Yup. Its bullshit. I don't think they ever intended to give us commission. They just wanted us to stop working so our pay rates would go down. Those Bastards.
  22.  permalink
    what does FCO mean? I might as well learn since I plan to work there. Is there an online application? I hope it is not hard to get a job because of the economy and all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    Front Checkout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBakaBaka
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    Its not that hard at all. I helped in picking which applications the supervisor are suppose to called once in a while. Heres some of the things that they want  
    - Ability to drive  
    - A very open schedule  
    - Write at least down at least one previous job you had. (So many of the girls app that I wanted them to called got toss away because they didn't write one down :face-crying: )  
    - Don't mention that you quit, laid off  

No online applications its all in store
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009
    pci Video Card: what does FCO mean? I might as well learn since I plan to work there. Is there an online application? I hope it is not hard to get a job because of the economy and all.

Getting the job isn't the hard part, it's keeping it. :) Good luck, but think twice before applying...the place is hell.
  23.  permalink
    xbluebellax:
    gossipgirl025:

She is very intimidating at first, and goes by the book to the letter, but she's nice enough if she knows you well enough. And, yes, when I was there she would still wear low-cut shirts.

You are out of your freaking mind of you think 'N' is nice. That woman is a grade a bitch. As for the supervisor who gets shit on that would be 'J' and I feel for him. He is a really great guy and he should get out of there while he still can