Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2009
    What exactly do they look for in the background when Hiring a new employee? I already did my 3 interviews and drug test.  

Also how much can you make in camera sales? Is it a good department to work in?  

I know a lot of you guys hate frys but I'm looking for answers not some bullshit. Thanks.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Jared Got Drugtested Today
    Got hired at Fryes Concord this week! Wondering how long drug test results take
    Interviewed at Fry's three times, took drug test...
    Drug test
    Fry's Employees: What did you think of today's (January 5) V-Con?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    background check is standard at any job. usually it consistest of DMV records (if you are required to drive), a criminal check (any warrents or arrests), sometimes a credit check (jewelry stores do this a lot). I didn't work in cameras so i can't tell you much about the department except it has cameras and annoying alarms.
  2.  permalink
    They also google you. So they also check your myspace or facebook or whatever else you have out there. If your can speak english than you can make atleast $500 a week in Camera Sales. What store?
  3.  permalink
    Well if your drug test comes back ok then you will start next week. The coach should be sending the paperwork up tonight and by Friday after 3pm they will get the the new hire list from home office.  

For the background check, if you're loss prevention department is on top of their stuff then your background check will be processeed by then end of your training week. What they look for is basically a criminal background. Traffic tickets arne't an issue and neither is your credit. They only do credit checks to people that are being promoted as managers because they hold keys and they have to handle money. But if you lied on your application about not having a criminal background then you will be terminated immediatly. But like I said the LP department if on top of things will catch that stuff within a week, if not then you could be working there a good month or 2 before they catch it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    cstar: background check is standard at any job. usually it consistest of DMV records (if you are required to drive), a criminal check (any warrents or arrests), sometimes a credit check (jewelry stores do this a lot). I didn't work in cameras so i can't tell you much about the department except it has cameras and annoying alarms.

Ive only worked at one place that background checked. And I have worked for many many companies.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    They google at your store? Excessive for Fry's...
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    Have you ever googled yourself? Some dude with my name wrote an impressive amount of online medical journals reguarding nuroscience. Rock on.
  4.  permalink
    My real life name has a lot of things about world class skating. I wonder why?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Someone with my name attended High School in Athens, Illinois from 90-94.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    My name pulls up the hair extension award I won for best hair extensions and a review I wrote on a metal detector.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    sweet my name pulls up nothing about me.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    wow. and award for best hair extensions. how on earth did you find out about the contest?  

congrats btw
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    Sweet thanks guys, I'm a darn good salesguy and used to be a wedding photographer but I quit because its super stressful.  
    Possible to make 1k a week?  

Lets say I sell a 5d mark 2, whats the commission on that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Your goal is to steal customers from other sales associates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    are you good at being cold blooded and heartless if so you will do really really well add sales shark on top and its your dream job. basically if you liked the stress at the wedding job and were looking for more you will love it in sales. If you have a love for defending criminals as a lawyer for a company called Schindler, Ligner and Hess or have a last name that is closely related to those you might even be able to go up as long as you are good at belittling all your underlings in a politically correct way. if you stick with it and show your ruthlessness in selling as much junk as possible you may even become a regional manager just remember the more people you screw over or can get fired the quicker you will rise to the top of the fries meat wagon.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Do they even have 5d Mark IIs at Frys? Ive never seen them, usually their camera selection is: Rebel XTI, D40, Nikon something, Nikon something, Olympus or something crappy like that. Most of their cameras dont reach over 1300, and usually there are only 6 or 7 to choose from. At least here in the PHX.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    lol thats it? dude its gonna be so easy selling those.. so i start my training monday  

kinda pissed cause i had to go out and spend 150 bucks on white shirts and ties today, i have like 25 dress shirts I cant wear now cause they have colors in them >: /
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    HD ssd-drive based camcorders are great. I wish i had one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu: Do they even have 5d Mark IIs at Frys? Ive never seen them, usually their camera selection is: Rebel XTI, D40, Nikon something, Nikon something, Olympus or something crappy like that. Most of their cameras dont reach over 1300, and usually there are only 6 or 7 to choose from. At least here in the PHX.

Doubt it. That's a hella nice camera.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    It's my next in line when mine breaksSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    yep now with the 25 white shirts and ties you can qualify as a mormon.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009 edited
    Especially due to the fact I live in las vegas.  

Although I only bought 5. PS I Start training tomorrow, anything I should know?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The cafe is not that great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Now the question is are you starting in Camera Sales or are you starting as Accessory Sales in the camera dept.?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    Camera sales, fuck accessories. And I actually like the cafe at frys lol, its good here, the avacado turkey sandwich and sprite tastes so good when you have a hangover! :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    no its all about the avacado roast beef sandwich with lightly toasted sourdough and heated roast beef and melted cheese that is the best sandwich you can get at fried but the club again heated and lightly toasted with avacado is also good.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    in training you will find the table is the most interesting item in the room but try not to stare I heard they are sensitive.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Stillborne: Camera sales, fuck accessories. And I actually like the cafe at frys lol, its good here, the avacado turkey sandwich and sprite tastes so good when you have a hangover! :face-smile:

just checkin' it's amazing how many people think they are going to be selling when they start at Fry's.. lol not that it takes too long to move up into it if you work decently and get on the good side of the DM & supsHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Stillborne: Camera sales, fuck accessories. And I actually like the cafe at frys lol, its good here, the avacado turkey sandwich and sprite tastes so good when you have a hangover! :face-smile:

and what makes you so special that you skip Accessory Sales?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I even skipped the training and my first day started in the service dept.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    Stillborne: Especially due to the fact I live in las vegas.  

Although I only bought 5. PS I Start training tomorrow, anything I should know?

You will fill out a bunch of paper work. Watch a whole bunch of stupid, retarded videos. That's for sure on Monday. Training will be a whole week long. When I was Coach my routine was Tuesday would be a scavenger hunt for merchandise to get fimilar with the store. Wednesday shadow cashiers cause you will have to learn the register. Thursday work on the register and Friday you will be in your own department. But different stores do different things. You will also meet with the loss prevention department manager. I think in Vegas his name might be Frank. He started out here in Cali then transfered to Vegas. But that was 2 years ago. If he is still there, he is really cool. Other then that you will work about 4 days without commission cause of training. Sucks huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    asdf:

Cause I used to work as a wedding photographer and videographer before. And when I was like 17 way back when I worked at Circuit City selling computers and cameras. It does suck that I wont be making commission for the first week though because minimum wage here is only 6.85 :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    I remember one guy that got hired straight into sales... he made only $2 on his first day...Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009 edited
    That's pretty sad, when I worked at circuit city I could easily sell at least 5-10k a day and we weren't even commissioned based.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Stillborne: That's pretty sad, when I worked at circuit city I could easily sell at least 5-10k a day and we weren't even commissioned based.

Thats pretty good especially because Circuit city sucks and has way less traffic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2009
    So did my training today... agghhh i was dying, I was like "dude teach me how to make quotes, and i'll start making you money tomorrow!" I'm going to wear a suit tomorrow and show that I'm serious.:face-monkey:  

Met some cool guys at my store though!
  6.  permalink
    Stillborne: So did my training today... agghhh i was dying, I was like "dude teach me how to make quotes, and i'll start making you money tomorrow!" I'm going to wear a suit tomorrow and show that I'm serious.:face-monkey:  

Met some cool guys at my store though!

Meh, I wore a suit today. It was super :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I don't think a suit makes you look serious. Don't overdress for training. Wear a suit when you are on the floor.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    I think Fry's wants their male employees to wear ties/suits so that customers will take them seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    It fails...Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    AyaHu: It fails...

Ya think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    ObiWan: I think Fry's wants their male employees to wear ties/suits so that customers will take them seriously.

that will only pass at Nordstroms
  7.  permalink
    Each state is different. In las vegas we have a lot of high rollers come through and I kind of like to look better than everyone else in the store. It's sad that the majority of the employees here look like crap with their white ankle socks and short pants. Seriously people wearing ties with flames and shit. Not to mention most people don't even realize that the bottom of their tie is supposed to touch the top of their belt buckle. It's funny looking at all the associates wearing their clip-on ties super short and seeing the other ones wear their tie all the way down their balls. And the thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that people think they look sharp wearing a short sleeve and tie. That shit right there is the biggest fail in male fashion. Listen , the nicer you look the more people will trust you. If they realize you spent 500 dollars on your suit, they will assume you take your job seriously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    Guest:Seriously people wearing ties with flames and shit. Not to mention most people don't even realize that the bottom of their tie is supposed to touch the top of their belt buckle. It's funny looking at all the associates wearing their clip-on ties super short and seeing the other ones wear their tie all the way down their balls. And the thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that people think they look sharp wearing a short sleeve and tie

Thank you!
  8.  permalink
    Guest: Each state is different. In las vegas we have a lot of high rollers come through and I kind of like to look better than everyone else in the store. It's sad that the majority of the employees here look like crap with their white ankle socks and short pants. Seriously people wearing ties with flames and shit. Not to mention most people don't even realize that the bottom of their tie is supposed to touch the top of their belt buckle. It's funny looking at all the associates wearing their clip-on ties super short and seeing the other ones wear their tie all the way down their balls. And the thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that people think they look sharp wearing a short sleeve and tie. That shit right there is the biggest fail in male fashion. Listen , the nicer you look the more people will trust you. If they realize you spent 500 dollars on your suit, they will assume you take your job seriously.

You are absolutely right about that! We had this one kid FROM UC BERKLEY always contradicting me for everything I said at work, he was really getting on my nerves. Whenever the customers had a question, even when he said "I'm in UC BERKLEY," the customer would always turn to me since he dressed so poorly lol.  

I also agree with having ties touch the top of your belt (but not the bottom of your sack), and short sleeve + tie looks so retarded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009
    If you spent 500$ of your MEASELY salary on a SUIT for a job you may or may not be with in the next then you are an idiot. Maybe its just my field of work but I dont think I even wore a suit to my interviews and I make a LOT more than ... almost everyone here save perhaps obiwan. You should be thinking about investing in a car, a house, or savings, not 500$ on a suit you'll grow out of for a company you'll leave. Why SPEND money to MAKE money? It makes no sense.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    AyaHu: If you spent 500$ of your MEASELY salary on a SUIT for a job you may or may not be with in the next then you are an idiot. Maybe its just my field of work but I dont think I even wore a suit to my interviews and I make a LOT more than ... almost everyone here save perhaps obiwan. You should be thinking about investing in a car, a house, or savings, not 500$ on a suit you'll grow out of for a company you'll leave. Why SPEND money to MAKE money? It makes no sense.

I think the same.. I really don't spend much on my work clothes. I don't look like a slob by any means.. But i'm not going to be walking around in a $500 suit at Fry's to get box dust all over it. Also keep in mind that if you spend $500 on a suit, then chances are is that you need to buy 2 more $500 suits as well.. otherwise you'd might be wearing a $500 suit, but it's going to be dirty, ragged and smelly soon enough if that's the only one you have. Especially working with boxes that gather dust quickly and constantly lifting and carrying them in a hot store.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  9.  permalink
    asdf:

I skipped Accessories only because... I really don't know. I had absolutely no experience in sales, though I have always approached random strangers in the ministry and offered to read a scripture. Probably the reason why I got promoted. Idea I have God's blessing or something. haha.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    AyaHu: If you spent 500$ of your MEASELY salary on a SUIT for a job you may or may not be with in the next then you are an idiot. Maybe its just my field of work but I dont think I even wore a suit to my interviews and I make a LOT more than ... almost everyone here save perhaps obiwan. You should be thinking about investing in a car, a house, or savings, not 500$ on a suit you'll grow out of for a company you'll leave. Why SPEND money to MAKE money? It makes no sense.

Well I own 2 cars already, I import them from japan and resell, and decided to keep 2. I invest into stocks, so thats not a problem. As far as house? Nah I'm good, i'd spend 500 on a suit before Id start investing in a house, besides who said I did spend 500 on a suit? I think you just like to assume things so you can say something. You don't even work at fry's so none of my questions were even directed towards you LOL.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    invest your money in an education.i am a worm.