Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009 edited
    Please tell me,  
    how many regulars, would you guys say, participate in these forums?  
    What percentage of them just despise Fry's?  
    Defend Fry's?  
    Neither?  
    Percentage of those who live with their mommy's in their basement. Overweight and have  
    nothing to blame but Fry's, of course, for their obesity and balding scalps. Tell me WHO!  
    Aya Hu, you are so hot.  

Just don't tell the wife.:face-crying:
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What's Going on Between Pepsi and Fry's? - $1.00 a 12 Pack while supplies last
    What is the difference between new and refurbished?
    customer stories..the good, the bad, and the ugly and everything in between.
    Who would win in a fist fight between Kathy Kolder and Eric Cartman?
    Haters
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    im a regular. I love fries because its easy to use the five finger discount there but i certainly wount defend fries and i only go to one if there is an absolute necessity or i want something for about 0 dollars - a little gas and spent time (i will spend alot of time to return stuff to fried that i have .... modified.)  

otherwise i live in a 6foot by 6 foot padded cell with a desk computer monitors and a pile of hardware im always fixingLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    We need more Fry's associates on these forums.
  2.  permalink
    I defend and hate frys. My life is complicated. Frys pays me but they have also ruined me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Phoenix Frys is great, Tempe Frys is full of incompetent idiots. But I will go to PHX Frys anyday I need something.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    I just hate the fact that fry's really does not have a human resource department. The store managers are it and they don't really care because they're busy with a bunch of other stuff (Unless you're Sean Archer who is never there anyways). Basically, you're on your own at fry's. I do believe that if the owners actually spent more time in the stores, life at fry's would not suck so much.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  3.  permalink
    I have never met anyone on this site personally. I might have but just don't know it. I did use to work at Fry's for 3+ years. I don't hate Fry's but the people there are the ones that make it unpleasant. I worked at 2 different Fry's and the first one San Marcos was the best out of the 2. The people there are really nice, but the second one was a nightmare. Everything that I was appreciated for in the first store wasn't in the second store, it was like what I was taught the wrong way. That to me is insulting not just to me but to the managers of my first store cause they were the ones that did teach me.  

As for my physical features, no I'm not obese nor balding. I'm just a regular 22 year old brunett with a full head of hair.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    gossipgirl025: I have never met anyone on this site personally. I might have but just don't know it. I did use to work at Fry's for 3+ years. I don't hate Fry's but the people there are the ones that make it unpleasant. I worked at 2 different Fry's and the first one San Marcos was the best out of the 2. The people there are really nice, but the second one was a nightmare. Everything that I was appreciated for in the first store wasn't in the second store, it was like what I was taught the wrong way. That to me is insulting not just to me but to the managers of my first store cause they were the ones that did teach me.  

As for my physical features, no I'm not obese nor balding. I'm just a regular 22 year old brunett with a full head of hair.

Nice to know you're not balding.  

Frys is great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    SDCherryPicker: I defend and hate frys. My life is complicated. Frys pays me but they have also ruined me.

Fry's pays me as well.  
    I don't hate Fry's, buy I do not like Fry's either.  
    I wouldn't go as far as it ruining me, it's just a job.  
    As a wise Sasquatch once told me, "Fry's is not a place to make a career out of."  
    All hail Sasquatch!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcstar
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    I don't hate Frys, just its employees.
  4.  permalink
    Thadius:
    SDCherryPicker: I defend and hate frys. My life is complicated. Frys pays me but they have also ruined me.

Fry's pays me as well.  
    I don't hate Fry's, buy I do not like Fry's either.  
    I wouldn't go as far as it ruining me, it's just a job.  
    As a wise Sasquatch once told me, "Fry's is not a place to make a career out of."  
    All hail Sasquatch!

I totally agree. Only you are in charge of your life, if you're unhappy some where then do something about. I did and now I'm going back to school to do something I will enjoy doing.
  5.  permalink
    I would defend Fry's on some things, but overall, all of what we experience is just that... personal experience.  

I work on the OTHER coast of the USA, and being so far away, both Duluth and Milton (Alpharetta), run a bit differently (so I am told). Yeah, I don't like the environment much (my knee needs to be looked at), but the pace and my co-workers are pretty cool. Then again, I get along with pretty much... anyone.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    That's cool, Apparently there are a couple of California laws that are  
    affecting how the Houston Stores work as well. Kind of like how we can't  
    work over 5 hour shifts w/o a half hour break. It's 6 hours in Texas i believe.  
    I was told that it dealt with Fry's being a multi-state company or something like that.  
    forgive my ignorance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Most large companies with stores in states that require breaks end up making it mandatory for all to cover themselves and make accounting easier.Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    For people who have little previous work experience that work at Fry's do not understand how bad the company is as an employer. Going from many normal jobs with employers who actually understand how to treat employees then going to Fry's is liking going from living in Hawaii to living in the slums of India.

I don't blame anyone that is a Sup or above (DM's make bank, seriously) to staying and just dealing with Fry's but anyone below is just taking on unneeded stress. Too bad this is a horrible time to quit any job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009
    The slums of India sounds crowded.  
    So does the unemployment line indeed.:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009
    cstar: I don't hate Frys, just its employees.

Hmm, and why do u think the service is so abysmal? It's because of the stupid policies that the managers insist on enforcing...100% secret shop required, fry's cards, not to mention the price adjustment procedures, check verification and the crashing POS?  

No need to hate the employees, its not their fault the place is a mess. Its just a poor reflection on the managers is all.
  7.  permalink
    Sasquatch: We need more Fry's associates on these forums.

And former ones
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndlicia
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    Fry's does not suck. The people that run fry's on a store level suck. So much errogance in one place should be illegal. Deffinately not a career job. Perhaps it's the fact that they are stuck at fry's that makes everyone so unpleasant once they reach a certain level of power.
  8.  permalink
    That is what I want the here. Im planing to work at frys soon. I just turned in my app.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Andlicia: Fry's does not suck. The people that run fry's on a store level suck. So much errogance in one place should be illegal. Deffinately not a career job. Perhaps it's the fact that they are stuck at fry's that makes everyone so unpleasant once they reach a certain level of power.

The hiring process is one of Fry's largest weak spots. This is a fantastic hiring market, and we're still hiring seniors in high-school that do nothing but talk to females and have an attitude all day. Lets get some brains up in this bitch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    High schoolers love getting shit on and expect low pay.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    "Fry's" and "brains" - an oxymoron
  9.  permalink
    xbluebellax:
    cstar: I don't hate Frys, just its employees.

Hmm, and why do u think the service is so abysmal? It's because of the stupid policies that the managers insist on enforcing...100% secret shop required, fry's cards, not to mention the price adjustment procedures, check verification and the crashing POS?  

No need to hate the employees, its not their fault the place is a mess. Its just a poor reflection on the managers is all.

Fortunately, they are easing up a bit on the price adjustment features. Plu-less is awesome! Plus that 5 hour thing means if you are closing, you leave at 11PM. No exceptions. I don't mind the other things as much except Clopens (Close one night, open the next morning).  

I will say Fry's is slowly improving towards efficiency. And they need to. I was told there is even some talk of staff solely hired for price changes, ad, and TSR kinda like Best Buy has. Then again, that's just talk. Who knows where that will go.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKDP49
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    I was at frys for 2 years at store 26 from grand opening to april 09. There are so many stupid policies that they have, its all about maximum profit. Frys is stilla round and still makes TONS of $$$ is beacuse of thier stupid greedy policies, they will squeeze every last dime of gp from every sale, and try to maximize it wherever possible, like PSC's and FC's which help them avoid having to pay visa or master card 3% transaction fees. I just dont understand why they dont offer more incentives for customers.. they simply dont care, why? because they still get tons of apps. I still loved my job at the end of the day , yes it was stressful as hell (sales) , but my dm was really awesome, and gave somehwat flexible schedules, and in general the department had cool people in it. I would still buy at frys compared to best buy , only because majority of the time Frys is cheaper.
  10.  permalink
    yeah what an ass backward company. think about it.... started 24 yrs ago. today there are 34 stores in 9 states. Annual sales in the billions. While other retailers are laying off workers and closing their doors, Fry's is still hiring... Most people talking shit about Fry's prob got fired or are unhappy with their jobs. who's fault is that? if its that bad do everyone a favor and quit already. Don't get me wrong, there are things that i don't like and i have bad days at work too and conflict with people above me but at the end of the day i understand that i work for a successful company and im grateful for that. I also understand the grass isn't always greener if you know what i mean..
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009
    Department Nine: While other retailers are laying off workers and closing their doors, Fry's is still hiring...

Keep in mind that Fried has an extremely high turnover rate. Add into that their overall reputation as an employer isn't the best (and from an employee safety standpoint, they suck).
  11.  permalink
    ObiWan:
    Department Nine: While other retailers are laying off workers and closing their doors, Fry's is still hiring...

Keep in mind that Fried has an extremely high turnover rate. Add into that their overall reputation as an employer isn't the best (and from an employee safety standpoint, they suck).

I agree that turnover is high, but at least the co. is not eliminating positions, just replacing those associates that didn't work out for whatever reason. What's with the safety comment? did your store have alot of assoc. accidents or something? ill be honest and say that i never felt unsafe working in a Fry's store. often times when someone does get hurt at work its because they did something dumb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009
    Some poor little Mexican girl was running, tripped and split her forehead open a couple days ago. I hope her parents had health insurance...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Department Nine:
    ObiWan:

I agree that turnover is high, but at least the co. is not eliminating positions, just replacing those associates that didn't work out for whatever reason. What's with the safety comment? did your store have alot of assoc. accidents or something? ill be honest and say that i never felt unsafe working in a Fry's store. often times when someone does get hurt at work its because they did something dumb.

Not cause they did something dumb... its just that they are dumb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Not cause they did something dumb... its just that they are dumb.
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    gossipgirl025: I have never met anyone on this site personally. I might have but just don't know it. I did use to work at Fry's for 3+ years. I don't hate Fry's but the people there are the ones that make it unpleasant. I worked at 2 different Fry's and the first one San Marcos was the best out of the 2. The people there are really nice, but the second one was a nightmare. Everything that I was appreciated for in the first store wasn't in the second store, it was like what I was taught the wrong way. That to me is insulting not just to me but to the managers of my first store cause they were the ones that did teach me.  

Dare I ask which one was the nightmare?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    im assuming the san diego location is the other location. but that would possibly give her identity away.
  12.  permalink
    As a former Fry's Associate who worked in the service department "meat-grinder" for 2 years. I've met a lot of good people at Fry's and some that are not so good. I couldn't decide what was causing more stress the customers or the angry fire breathing dragon that lived in the office next to the service department. People never seem to get the salespeople are there to sell things not to be "honest" they let the people hear what they want to hear to the sale. I do believe most don't openly lie, but just don't answer questions the customer doesn't ask. I think most people get upset with Fry's because they don't understand the system Fry's associates deal with everyday.
  13.  permalink
    Fry's is what you make of it. If you're a bitter person, you'll have nothing but negative to report on Fry's. Every work place has it's ups and downs. Ex-employee's complaining about past experiences, favoritism, harassment, etc.. will never make it in life. They didn't get promoted and probably got fired for one reason, because they don't like to work. There's no more to it.

All-in-all, Fry's pays their hard working employees well, the benefits are not bad, and they're consistently moving forward. I'm going to ride the Fry's train and take advantage of what they offer while it's available.

I'll continue to five-day the complaining lazy-ass' as well...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    Create an account and come back more often.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    Its interesting I talked to a cashier who said A. He was not tortured and B. He made 'good money' but he was young so good money might be 10$ an hour.Superhero!
  14.  permalink
    asdf: im assuming the san diego location is the other location. but that would possibly give her identity away.

The second store was Fountain Valley. Its one of the oldest stores. Managment sucked because they all have sticks up their asses. My department manager was cool who is in San Diego now but the sm and asm not so much. But I'm not there anymore thank God, looking back if just feel it got to a point where they were just using me for one thing and once I was done they tossed me out. I actually was suppose to transfer to San Diego cause of gas prices but my managers flaked on me and said the spot was taken. My husband knows Sam and was talking to him about me going down there, so he told me to just let my manager know so they can send the pcr. They never did, they told me they did but never did. Then once they didn't want me anymore they found the perfect opportunity to make me quit. But I'm over it now. It's been a year and could not be more happier. I get paid more now and back at a job that has a sence of humor and appreciates me for me and what I have to offer. Not just for putting pictures on a wall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009 edited
    AyaHu: Its interesting I talked to a cashier who said A. He was not tortured and B. He made 'good money' but he was young so good money might be 10$ an hour.

"Define good money". $8/hr
  15.  permalink
    Back in the day you could make good money as a cashier. I was averaging 16/hr. But now you they have the stupid average thing where you can only max out at 13 I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    Ten dollars an hour is nothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch: Ten dollars an hour is nothing.

There are people who work at Frys with you that believe that is good money. You need to slap them.
  16.  permalink
    asdf:

There are people who work at Frys with you that believe that is good money. You need to slap them.

Well for kids straight out of High School...Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf:

I don't associate with the cashiers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    That Guy in Duluth:
    asdf:

Well for kids straight out of Elementary School...

FixedSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009
    For kids straight out of high school, go to college.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    dont pass go dont collect $200 go directly to college unless you have been studying computers your entire life and are a self proclaimed computer genius.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    ObiWan: For kids straight out of high school, go to college.

parents should encourage their teens to go to college without distractions like jobs.  

At Fry's there really is just two departments. Sales and Cashiers. The two departments rarely mingle and are from two different worlds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I worked 60 hours a week and put myself and my twin through college. I would have my kid do it no other way.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009
    Builds character.