Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLooney662
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009
    Hello everyone,  

New on this forum, looking for some help. Any help is appreciated!  

Here's my problem.  

I'm building a new computer, so I decide to get the new Asus motherboard. The Asus M4A79 Deluxe. I'm very excited about my purchase. Came home opened it up and installed it into my new case. After a short cigarette break and looking at my progress I realized that something is wrong. In fact something major. The motherboard was not the one I purchased! It was a M2N-SLi Deluxe. First thought was run to the store and return it ASAP, but fry’s is already closed at that time. Now I’m at work looking over my receipts. And it says that you can’t return motherboard if the serial numbers / model numbers doesn’t match the box. Oh…what should I do??? This totally sucks! All my hard earned money gone into something that I don’t want. 1.2k spend at fry’s in the last 3 days, I hope I hope they give me a refund back or the Asus M4A79 Deluxe. Any advice?  

Thanks!  
    :face-crying:
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    please help me understand
    Please help...
    I need help, please? I'd appreciate any feedback, sincerely.
    5 Days suspension..don't know what to do PLEASE HELP!!!
    I am Trapped in Hell, Please Get Me Out...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBakaBaka
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009
    Do you see a orange box sticker somewhere in that mobo box. Just tell them that the wrong mobo was in the box when you open it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    it will probably require a trip to small claims court to get anything from this issue they will not give you anything for the wrong item in their box best thing to do is find an pic that cares and or a store manager you could try picketing infront of the store when the store manager says they will not be able to return the item and to talk to the manufacturer or you get lucky with a returns associate who doesnt pay attention simply continue to make conversation saying nothing about the item itself and they may just see if something is in the box and not really what is in the box.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    Bakabaka thanks for your respond.

But as far as the marked off sticker, there was none to indication that it was an open box item. How ever if you open the mobo box there’s an orange type sticker in there (on the lid) with a bunch of numbers and bars. I have no idea what that is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    that means it was returned and you can use that to return the box with a shoe in it if you so desireLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    it was returned by someone else and placed back on the shelf return it with a pair of used sandals keep the wrong mobo and then get the right one.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    So what should I do just return it as normal? ? ?

Thanks! I appreciate all your advice
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Tell them you have Sasquatch's blessing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLooney662
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2009 edited
    :face-devil-grin:  

Oh I hate this, hopefully everything turns out okay...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Good luck, my child.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLooney662
    Thanks going to need all the luck in the world. :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    if it doesnt get returned at one store try another.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    That sticker does sound like a return sticker so it was purchased before and returned. Unfortunatly Fry's does have a bad rep on reselling returned items. Like everyone else said just try to exchange it. Did you look at the serial number on the reciept? It should be on there. If you're lucky maybe the cashier (like most) was lazy and put N/A. That would make the return easier. But if not just try to do the exchange anyway, it all depends on who is in charge at the time some managers are more sympothetic then others. Which store did you go to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    put shoes in the box first the stinkier the better. keep the board thoughLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....