Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Anyone in the same boat as me? I know Fry's is closed but where I'm working is open. It's alright, kinda gay though cause my husbands off, but at least I get double pay on holidays. I think if I had kids I would care more cause easter is more for kids anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Im off, I went to the zoo and got sunburned all over. But I'm always off on weekends. I wish easter was a Monday!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    How is Mr. Lyon?
  2.  permalink
    I thought all Fry's were closed on Easter? How can your store be open? I always thought the fry's brothers were religious nuts that ordered all fry's stores to close on Easter Sunday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9550
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    ^^^ you are obviously fantastic at reading,
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2009
    Guest: I thought all Fry's were closed on Easter? How can your store be open? I always thought the fry's brothers were religious nuts that ordered all fry's stores to close on Easter Sunday.

"Anyone in the same boat as me? I know Fry's is closed but where I'm working is open."  

A lot of us on this board don't actually work at Fry's.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    Guest: I thought all Fry's were closed on Easter? How can your store be open? I always thought the fry's brothers were religious nuts that ordered all fry's stores to close on Easter Sunday.

Yeah well use to work at Fry's. Quit last year. A lot of my friends still work there. The new place where I work now isn't closed on easter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009
    Are you still in retail? Electronics?Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    Retail still. The Exchange for the Marine Corps, it's like a department store. I get a lot of free stuff like cosmetics and really good prices on clothes and all without sales tax. It's pretty chill for a temporary job while I'm going back to school and waiting to be shipped of to basic training for the Air Force Reserve.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    Ahhh, the Exchange. My dad is in the Navy so I can go to the NEX whenever I want for electronics. Being tax-free really helps keep the prices down, only thing is selection might not always be that great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    gossipgirl025: Retail still. The Exchange for the Marine Corps, it's like a department store. I get a lot of free stuff like cosmetics and really good prices on clothes and all without sales tax. It's pretty chill for a temporary job while I'm going back to school and waiting to be shipped of to basic training for the Air Force Reserve.

Do you sell night vision goggles?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I used some night vision goggles these cuties I babysit for had, they were insane. I would love a pair. To use uselessly at night. Now that I'm up at night.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2009
    What about your bedtime, grandma?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I am trying polyphasic sleeping, so far, so good and an extra 7 hours in my day.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    How do you manage to wake after brief naps at night? How long have you been trying this? Do you take caffeine?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    I have always been able to have control of my dreams, I coaxed my mind into falling into REM, setting my alarm for 30 minutes, I told myself to wake up in 20, and I do, I haven't hit the alarm yet. Caffeine would royally screw the crap out of this, I haven't drunk anything unusual, did have mountain dew a couple of times on day 1 but my body is virtually immune to mountain dew. I take brief naps during all hours of the day, it's FANTASTIC.  

But a lot of people try it and fail because if you cannot coerce your dream cycles, like mine, which I have been working with for eons, it will make you feel like crap while your body gets used to it. I feel great, the first day I felt like I had a little bit of dry eye, as though I'd woken up an hour earlier than normal. Parts of the second day I didn't feel that way. Today was great, only getting tired around nap time. I had two really crappy naps because of my social obligations, so I am feeling again like I woke up an hour early, even though I have really only slept 9 hours in 72 hours. It should get a bit easier as time goes on I wont feel the dry eye effect. My mind is at a normal sharpness/clarity, my body at normal energy levels and I have yet to see any poor side effects, mood is great, etc. And for the first time in 5 years I talked to a friend who gets online at 9pm and off at 3am. It was awesome.  

The best part is I have finished 4 novels in less than four days. <3 Finally time to read, write and draw, and play the Sims 3.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    gogetenkz: Ahhh, the Exchange. My dad is in the Navy so I can go to the NEX whenever I want for electronics. Being tax-free really helps keep the prices down, only thing is selection might not always be that great.

Yeah the one I work for the Marine Corps and it is like the smallest Exchage with the least selection because we are so small, which is kinda ironic considering its one the largest bases in California. But from what I hear most of the time we have such a small selection is because some vendor will refuse to sell through an Exchange cause they loose money most of the time cause our msrp here is already 20% cheaper.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    AyaHu: I have always been able to have control of my dreams, I coaxed my mind into falling into REM, setting my alarm for 30 minutes, I told myself to wake up in 20, and I do, I haven't hit the alarm yet. Caffeine would royally screw the crap out of this, I haven't drunk anything unusual, did have mountain dew a couple of times on day 1 but my body is virtually immune to mountain dew. I take brief naps during all hours of the day, it's FANTASTIC.  

But a lot of people try it and fail because if you cannot coerce your dream cycles, like mine, which I have been working with for eons, it will make you feel like crap while your body gets used to it. I feel great, the first day I felt like I had a little bit of dry eye, as though I'd woken up an hour earlier than normal. Parts of the second day I didn't feel that way. Today was great, only getting tired around nap time. I had two really crappy naps because of my social obligations, so I am feeling again like I woke up an hour early, even though I have really only slept 9 hours in 72 hours. It should get a bit easier as time goes on I wont feel the dry eye effect. My mind is at a normal sharpness/clarity, my body at normal energy levels and I have yet to see any poor side effects, mood is great, etc. And for the first time in 5 years I talked to a friend who gets online at 9pm and off at 3am. It was awesome.  

The best part is I have finished 4 novels in less than four days. <3 Finally time to read, write and draw, and play the Sims 3.

That is awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    It is, I am simply overcome with excitement!Superhero!