Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Thursday night 3 men entered the San Diego Frys and filled 2 shopping carts with expensive items. Mainly PS3's and walked out the store. Flashing a gun. I don't know how much they got away with but they have done this before. They robbed the Mission Valley Best Buy 2 weeks ago. I have heard various rumors that the cops caught one of them but LP doesn't think so. I left before they were even there. Not many people saw them besides LP. Heard there were like 12 cop cars in the parking lot.  

Best Buy  
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/apr/16/1m16pubsafe231245-public-safety/  
    Frys.  
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/apr/25/1m25pubsafe23495-public-safety/
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Wh smokes weed at frys san diego?!
    Overstaffing Employees at San Diego Frys
    Key Logger Incident at San Diego Frys
    BREAKING NEWS: INCIDENT AT THE SAN DIEGO FRY'S STORE!
    Rumor: Employee Got Fired Then Rehired At San Diego Fry's
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2009 edited
    Here's a repost in case the story becomes unavailable.  

Armed robbers wheel out carts full of electronics  
    2:00 a.m. April 25, 2009  

SAN DIEGO: Three men, two with handguns, walked out of a Fry's electronics store with shopping carts full of electronics in Serra Mesa on Thursday night.  

The robbers loaded two carts with merchandise at the store, on Stonecrest Boulevard near Daley Center Road, about 8:30 p.m. When the clerk at the exit asked them for their receipt, two of the three men pulled out handguns, and the clerk allowed the robbers to walk out, police said. They got into a vehicle and drove off.  

Police said the robbers were described as black, in their 30s, with medium builds and wearing dark clothing. –A.M.  

Two men rob Best Buy after handgun flashed  
    2:00 a.m. April 16, 2009  

MISSION VALLEY: Two shoplifters brazenly pushed a shopping cart full of merchandise out of a Best Buy store Tuesday night after one of them flashed a handgun at a security guard, San Diego police said.  

The guard let them go and no one was injured.  

The thieves filled their cart at the store on Mission Center Road and started to leave about 9:10 p.m. When a security guard stopped them at the door, one shoplifter raised his shirt to display a handgun in his waistband and told the guard not to say anything, police Sgt. Bob Dare said.  

The gunman stood near the guard while the second robber pushed the cart outside. Then the man with the gun walked out and joined his accomplice, police said.  

The robbers were described as black men, in their 20s or early 30s. The man with the handgun was 5 feet 9 inches tall, 180 pounds, with a thin goatee. He wore large-framed sunglasses and a blue, black and white hooded sweatshirt with jeans.  

The other man was 5 feet 8 inches tall, more than 200 pounds, and wore a light-colored, short-sleeved shirt and light-colored jeans. Police did not give any description of a getaway car. –P.R.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    I would have followed their asses.
  3.  permalink
    Sasquatch: I would have followed their asses.

Yes, and gotten shot in the process.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2009
    next time they should watch for strange shopping activities then call the police so they will be ready to arrest these guys.  

or  

when you guys see suspicious shopping activities especially by black men have associates hang out in the parking lot and be prepared to take down a license plate.
  4.  permalink
    They did notice this and LP did call the cops but it was too late and they took off before the cops arrived. and your not gonna try to follow a couple of guys who have weapons because if they are gonna walk into 2 big ass stores and fill up shopping carts full of shit then they obviously dont care and would mind taking people with them if it comes to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    SDCherryPicker:

These are amateur thugs. They would not have noticed me slipping out behind them, and following at an appropriate distance in my car. Even if they noticed me trailing them, I doubt they have the training to hit a target over a hundred feet away from a moving vehicle with a pistol. Sure, there is a small chance my day goes bad real quick, but who am I to let that stand in the way of a little fun?
  5.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker:

These are amateur thugs. They would not have noticed me slipping out behind them, and following at an appropriate distance in my car. Even if they noticed me trailing them, I doubt they have the training to hit a target over a hundred feet away from a moving vehicle with a pistol. Sure, there is a small chance my day goes bad real quick, but who am I to let that stand in the way of a little fun?

Wow. We got 007 here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    You are allowed to kill the customer in self defense.
  6.  permalink
    Only if the customer is a really big asshole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    SDCherryPicker: Only if the customer is a really big asshole.

Police kill people all the time. They will kill no matter what in self defense.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker:

Wow. We got 007 here.

I guess some people didn't grow up in states where guns are legal, but here it's fairly commonplace, and no one cares. Following in a car is not nearly so 'dangerous' as you make it sound. Perhaps you've never tried to shoot a vehicle from a vehicle.Superhero!
  7.  permalink
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker:

Wow. We got 007 here.

I guess some people didn't grow up in states where guns are legal, but here it's fairly commonplace, and no one cares. Following in a car is not nearly so 'dangerous' as you make it sound. Perhaps you've never tried to shoot a vehicle from a vehicle.

Lady. I am from canada. We all leave our doors open and carry shotguns. I can blow out a tire using a rifle going 70. Don't ask me how because I was a little drunk and in the middle of nowhere illegally hunting moose. I guess we don't really feel the need to go hunting down people because there isn't much crime.  

You can follow people yes. But guys who are brash enough to just walk into a store and fill up shopping carts full of expensive shit and walk while just flashing a gun obviously don't give a fuck about life and will gladly take one if feeling threatened in anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009 edited
    Maybe it is your cultural difference, but their behaviour suggests to me that they are idiotic punk kids who figured no one would stop them if they flashed, again FLASHED, maybe by pulling up a shirt where the gun was tucked, a gun. This is not the kind of behaviour of killers, but of thieves, and little punk kids. What would make me feel they had no idea of human life was if they were shoving the gun in peoples face as they stared them in the eye and shot rounds off next to them. These people are too weak to even PULL the gun. Smart people don't rob anywhere but banks, and even then most people who rob banks aren't smart.  

Most PUNKS think they are so cool cause everyone is scared of a gun, but when it comes to it, they dont know how to take a life. Period.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    We totally got away with it though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    You know in Texas you can kill anyone that steps foot on your property.
  8.  permalink
    AyaHu: Maybe it is your cultural difference, but their behaviour suggests to me that they are idiotic punk kids who figured no one would stop them if they flashed, again FLASHED, maybe by pulling up a shirt where the gun was tucked, a gun. This is not the kind of behaviour of killers, but of thieves, and little punk kids. What would make me feel they had no idea of human life was if they were shoving the gun in peoples face as they stared them in the eye and shot rounds off next to them. These people are too weak to even PULL the gun. Smart people don't rob anywhere but banks, and even then most people who rob banks aren't smart.  

Most PUNKS think they are so cool cause everyone is scared of a gun, but when it comes to it, they dont know how to take a life. Period.

From the description the CA's gave these guys weren't kids. They were full grown men and they pulled their guns. They did this in plain view of customers and employees. This tells me that they really don't give a shit about life and will continue to do this until arrested, gun down, or killed by other thugs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf: You know in Texas you can kill anyone that steps foot on your property.

There's a bit more to it than that, but yeah, pretty much.
  9.  permalink
    Oh I hope they get caught. Makes me think of the time when someone carried a gun in Duluth. LP caught it on the camera as he stole a knife. Called police (station is around the corner), and the guy ran out of the store.  

I have never seen a grown man cry, begging the officer, and I quote, "Don't taze me!" as he was stunned on the ground from the first zap.  

Maybe LP should arm themselves with those tasers that Fry's carries now. Heh.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    That Guy in Duluth: Oh I hope they get caught. Makes me think of the time when someone carried a gun in Duluth. LP caught it on the camera as he stole a knife. Called police (station is around the corner), and the guy ran out of the store.  

I have never seen a grown man cry, begging the officer, and I quote, "Don't taze me!" as he was stunned on the ground from the first zap.  

Maybe LP should arm themselves with those tasers that Fry's carries now. Heh.

that is such an amazing suggestion.  
    Use tasers that don't sell and put it to good use.  
    "What the Hell? Fry's has tasers? Why?" said the confused customer.  
    "Beats me, we need to demo one"
    •  
      CommentAuthorAndlicia
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    I would have followed them....And bought a ps3 haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
    SDCherryPicker:
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker:

Wow. We got 007 here.

I guess some people didn't grow up in states where guns are legal, but here it's fairly commonplace, and no one cares. Following in a car is not nearly so 'dangerous' as you make it sound. Perhaps you've never tried to shoot a vehicle from a vehicle.

Lady. I am from canada. We all leave our doors open and carry shotguns. I can blow out a tire using a rifle going 70. Don't ask me how because I was a little drunk and in the middle of nowhere illegally hunting moose. I guess we don't really feel the need to go hunting down people because there isn't much crime.  

You shot a tire with a rifle going 70 while hunting for moose?? It would have been more impressive if you actually hit what you were hunting for.. TIRES != MOOSE.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
    I'm agreeing with someone on that one.Superhero!
  10.  permalink
    someone:
    SDCherryPicker:
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker:

Wow. We got 007 here.

You shot a tire with a rifle going 70 while hunting for moose?? It would have been more impressive if you actually hit what you were hunting for.. TIRES != MOOSE.

It was actually an accident. There were 4 trucks all just going through the bush and I somehow managed to shoot the tire on one of them. It was funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009
    someone:
    SDCherryPicker:
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker:

Wow. We got 007 here.

You shot a tire with a rifle going 70 while hunting for moose?? It would have been more impressive if you actually hit what you were hunting for.. TIRES != MOOSE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xltg0iagMJY&fmt=18
  11.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    someone:
    SDCherryPicker:
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker:
    Sasquatch:
    SDCherryPicker:

Wow. We got 007 here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xltg0iagMJY&fmt=18

I know that guy. I used to live near him back home. Crazy as hell but one hell of a musician. Him and his wife have a little band.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    He has a show on The Discovery Channel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    It's supposedly legit, too. Unlike my ex-hero Bear Grylls.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009
    I heard he was staying in hotels.
  12.  permalink
    That guy from Man Vs Wild was caught going to areas that were actually tourist spots with hotels and staying at the hotels. He's a complete fake. Survivorman is awsome and has had some scary incidents happen to him where he had to be found and airlifted out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    SDCherryPicker: That guy from Man Vs Wild was caught going to areas that were actually tourist spots with hotels and staying at the hotels. He's a complete fake. Survivorman is awsome and has had some scary incidents happen to him where he had to be found and airlifted out.

Exactly, when I found out I almost cried. :< Because I'd watched some marathon for like, 6 hours. And everything he said was a sham. :<Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009 edited
    The coolest thing I've done, that I can remember, was back when I was a boy scout on a camping trip. We found a rattlesnake and killed it. We then cooked and ate it. A little rice and some seasoning made it quite nice. I think I was 13.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I shot a lizard with a bb gun and ate it. same goes for a dove.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009 edited
    :S Well one of the first things you ever learn living in the wilderness in Arizona is to kill rattlers, and eat them, they taste a bit like chicken. But I guess the best I've done without considering all of the poisonous animal encounters I've had would be... Well, no, I guess those are the best. The desert just doesn't threaten me, Im good at navigation and finding water, I could live out there even in the 115 degree weather. And although I've encountered many deadly animals I have yet to be attacked by one.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    asdf: I shot a lizard with a bb gun and ate it. same goes for a dove.

Shooting birds with BB guns? That's just mean. You're lucky it died quickly. Or should I say, the dove was lucky.
  13.  permalink

Knowing Fry's they would probably be given an open boxed taser, missing the darts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    Frenchy Fry: Maybe LP should arm themselves with those tasers that Fry's carries now. Heh.  

Knowing Fry's they would probably be given an open boxed taser, missing the darts.

I think we discussed that earlier, either in this thread or another recent one.Superhero!
  14.  permalink
    That Guy in Duluth: Oh I hope they get caught. Makes me think of the time when someone carried a gun in Duluth. LP caught it on the camera as he stole a knife. Called police (station is around the corner), and the guy ran out of the store.  

Yes, give Kate (does she still work at Frys) a tazer??!?! Can she even hold it up????
  15.  permalink
    meinside100:

Yes, give Kate (does she still work at Frys) a tazer??!?! Can she even hold it up????

Yep and Yep. She tough for her small size. O.OWhy is there an S in Lisp?