Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2009
    This story is old but worth mentioning. A few months in I wonder if bankruptcy is an option for frys.  
    http://www.halfwaytoconcord.com/frys-electronics/
  1.  permalink
    Frys isn't going anywhere for awhile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    Hmm if the large sum of customers I see when shopping there is anything to go by, then Frys is not going anywhere.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009
    If that's the case, we'll have to register laidoffforum.com.
  2.  permalink
    I don't think that Fry's is going under anytime soon. We all know how cheap the owners are about running the company. That's why they are so cheap to make sure that what happened to curcit city doesn't happen to them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2009 edited
    We make twice as much as analysts think we do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Last Quarter, Our Customer count went up but  
    dollar per customer decreased.  

Although we don't make as much money as  
    projected, Bankruptcy isn't much of an option anytime  
    soon for Fry's. Especially since they don't apparently  
    run on credit at all.  

On a second note, I'm not a Sasquatch,  
    The icon's name is DOMO!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2009
    Domo-kun if you want to get technical.Superhero!
  3.  permalink
    Frys will probably no longer exist once the Frys brothers and Kathy are dead. Estate taxes will kill Fry's.
  4.  permalink
    meinside100: Frys will probably no longer exist once the Frys brothers and Kathy are dead. Estate taxes will kill Fry's.

Dude. Are you an idiot? Frys pulls in $2.5 Billion a year. And I am sure the Fry Brothers are smart with there money. Estate taxes will be taken care of with a proper Life Insurance policy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009 edited
    SDCherryPicker:
    meinside100: Frys will probably no longer exist once the Frys brothers and Kathy are dead. Estate taxes will kill Fry's.

Dude. Are you an idiot? Frys pulls in $2.5 Billion a year. And I am sure the Fry Brothers are smart with there money. Estate taxes will be taken care of with a proper Life Insurance policy.

Are you an idiot? That is 2.5 billion in REVENUE NOT PROFIT. At least 50-60% is gone after state and fed taxes each year....plus wages, plus property taxes, cost of buying goods, electric and water bills, insurance on the buildings, workman's comp insurance etc etc etc etc etc etc. Not much is left after all that.
  5.  permalink
    frys is a corporation dumbshit. estate taxes wont ettect the company when one of the owners die but the persons own personal wealth and property. Life insurance will cover most of those taxes when their estates goes into probate and pases to the heirs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2009
    SDCherryPicker: frys is a corporation dumbshit. estate taxes wont ettect the company when one of the owners die but the persons own personal wealth and property. Life insurance will cover most of those taxes when their estates goes into probate and pases to the heirs.

This.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2009
    AyaHu:
    SDCherryPicker: frys is a corporation dumbshit. estate taxes wont ettect the company when one of the owners die but the persons own personal wealth and property. Life insurance will cover most of those taxes when their estates goes into probate and pases to the heirs.

This.

That.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
Add your comments