Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    What does Fry's pay it's employees? what's the pay rate for all employees? Is it salary based, commission or just hourly? I am very interested in getting a managerial position.
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    n00b: how much does a position at customer service pay?
    So, how much longer does Fry's realistically have?
    How much $ in merchandise does an average Fry's house?
    How much does LP get........?
    How much does a Sale's associates get paid?
  3.  permalink
    Stay away from frys. You won't get a manager position as they promote from within. So you gotta start from the bottom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2009
    SDCherryPicker: Stay away from frys. You won't get a manager position as they promote from within. So you gotta start from the bottom.
    Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Read through some of the posts here. Fry's has a horrid reputation as an employer, and as a retailer. Set your sights and goals higher than Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Hey not everyone can set their sights higher. But when they do Fry's is the next highest thing.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    worm: Hey not everyone can set their sights higher. But when they do Fry's is the next highest thing.

I was just watching a clip from "Back to the Future" with the line about being a slacker. I'd disagree with your statement that "not everyone can set their sights higher". It's not that they can't, it's that they don't want to. It's the easy way out to say you "can't".
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    amazingly when people say i can and I will. They actually do some pretty amazing things. Success was no accident.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    That was Obi-Wan's point I think.Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    Don't count on being hired as a manager... It wont happen. If you're lucky, you may get hired directly into a sales position and then work your way up through MT and the supervisor positions. This could take years depending on the movement of the people above you and who likes you in the store. I know of several associates who started at hourly positions and in less than two yrs were promoted to mgr, so its def possible to move up quickly. How you're paid depends on your position. An entry level accessory sales for example is paid hourly. Usually around $8. Sales positions are min + commission and mgmt positions have a base salary with an optional weekly "kicker" or bonus if certain sales goals are met. Good luck to you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009
    Optional bonus?
  5.  permalink
    optinal meaning its not guarenteed, its depends on the performance of the dept. If the dept makes the sales and spread goal for the week, the mgr gets a bonus. nice, huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009
    Optional  
    One entry found.  
    Main Entry:  
    op·tion·al Listen to the pronunciation of optional  
    Pronunciation:  
    \ˈäp-shnəl, -shə-nəl\  
    Function:  
    adjective  
    Date:  

: involving an option : not compulsory
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2009
    Frys doesnt read the dictionary.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    It's at the option of the employee to make that bonus requirement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2009
    Life until 500? Optional.