Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAura
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2007
    Ok, I went and bought some CDRs to burn all of the junk off of my computer since my hard drive grows smaller by the day. I mean, I dont ask for much when i go to Frys, just a friendly cashier is what Id like to deal with, and I got one. Her name was Sarah, and she was very friendly and helpful as my fiance and I checked out. I'd recommend her to anyone who needed a good cashier experience.  
    The only downside was that the supervisor was taking to another employee who had bought something right before I did, and the sup stared right at me and gave me a dirty look (probably because she didnt like me when I worked there) and finally sent the purchasing employee on her way. Other than that, I had a great experience.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Good experiences happen at Fry's too
    My Experience Working at Fry's Electronics
    who else had a bad experience at Fry's black friday sale?
    My worst shopping experience today at Fry's off Aero Drive [San Diego]
    Whats the worst experience you ever had a Fry's ?
  2.  permalink
    which frys did you go to?i love it when they call me big papa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2008
    wow a post with both frys and good in it.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    The only positive experience I ever had at Fry's was when I purchased a Tv From a sale person named Alan in the Burbank Store
    he was very patient ,knowledgeable and eased my purchase by walking me up to the cashier and insuring the sale went through
    quickly and without difficulty .I will only purchase another thing at Fry's if he is there to help me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2009
    I wonder if that is Alan tooting his own horn or a legitimate customer, or maybe, they are in love with Alan.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    This alan guy is only patient cause he wants to sell the tv. Other than that you wont see him help you buy a computer.
  4.  permalink
    Guest: The only positive experience I ever had at Fry's was when I purchased a Tv From a sale person named Alan in the Burbank Store  
    he was very patient ,knowledgeable and eased my purchase by walking me up to the cashier and insuring the sale went through  
    quickly and without difficulty .I will only purchase another thing at Fry's if he is there to help me.

He only walked you up to make sure you weren't fucking with him on a sale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Toot toot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2009
    Aura - wouldn't it be easier to use an external hard drive to back up your data, versus burning it to CD's? Prices for external hard drives are really low.  

BTW, the best experience I ever had at Frys was...hmmm...gee...never actually had a good Fried experience, come to think of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    its parking lots are big enough to easily park a 24" bobtail panel van. thats a plus I think.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    ObiWan: Aura - wouldn't it be easier to use an external hard drive to back up your data, versus burning it to CD's? Prices for external hard drives are really low.  

BTW, the best experience I ever had at Frys was...hmmm...gee...never actually had a good Fried experience, come to think of it.

At least suggest DVD's... maybe they cannot afford an external harddrive. :)  

But maybe you don't ever have a good experience because you always walk in there expecting a bad experience that it starts becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  5.  permalink
    I like working at Fry's. Being there when everything is a good, is a good experience for me to enjoy... and for when everything seems to be going wrong, is a good experience for me to learn (how to deal with it or handle situations.) Most days run by very well, but I am still learning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009
    ObiWan: Aura - wouldn't it be easier to use an external hard drive to back up your data, versus burning it to CD's? Prices for external hard drives are really low.  

What a surprise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009 edited
    someone: But maybe you don't ever have a good experience because you always walk in there expecting a bad experience that it starts becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Nope...My first experience with Fry's was in the early 1990's when I made a visit to their Manhattan Beach store. The entire lot is set up on a triangular chunk of land at the corner of a busy intersection. There are two entrances - one on each street. Trying to find a parking spot was a crock. Then...I walked in. As I recall, I was looking for a particular software title, which I had called and verified that they had. It took forever to find it because it was in the wrong section. My first experience in their "check-out" was interesting. Then came the door nazi's....  

Fry's was (emphasis past tense) because they'd have software that CompUSA or Egghead (if you remember them) didn't. But...it seemed Fry's would lie any way they could to get out of doing a return, or to just sell you something.  

As I've said before, I then went to work for the insurance/risk management brokerage that handled Fry's insurance coverages. That's when I got an inside glimpse of how they operated. Pretty scary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    interesting? how was it interesting and what did you do at the door nazi's?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2009 edited
    It was interesting because he has the force.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    It was "interesting" in that was the first time I'd ever experienced that. I knew legally they couldn't force me to show them my sales slip and such.  

Note to Sas - I started using the Jedi mind trick on them. After all, Fry's employees are weak minded.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009
    wow dont you think thats over kill heck i confuse them with whats the time.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    These are not the droids you're looking for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ... whats the time?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2009
    2:21 PM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    12:51
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    man that question is supposed to confuse you sass you work a fried electronics.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Asking the time should confuse me?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Suzukiman: man that question is supposed to confuse you sass you work a fried electronics.

No, Suzukiman they are trained to psychologically shut down their brains when they clock in, so outside of work they are regular, functioning human beings.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Or sasquatches depending on the case.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yes you work a fried you are a fried employee so whats the time should stop you dead in your tracks and then I dont need to go and use the force to change your mind it will have made a kernel panic all on its own. its kindof a joke on what obi said about using the jedi mind trick i had said it was overkill since asking what the time was confused them but instead i confused you on the punch line ........ waves a hand across saying "you will not look at my reciept."Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ah and aya explains itLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I went to the Tempe store for the second time in my life yesterday and remembered what it was like to walk into the san jose store. I asked a guy if he had a certain type of telephone headset. And he leads me on a wild goose chase and I say to him: Look if you don't know, tell me, but do not waste more of my time.  
    And of course he had no idea. Even though he spent 20 minutes of my precious time pretending he did... Now, thats the Frys I frew up on!Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    threw up in or on or grew up on? you kindof mixed the two and both are rather valid.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009
    AyaHu: I went to the Tempe store for the second time in my life yesterday and remembered what it was like to walk into the san jose store. I asked a guy if he had a certain type of telephone headset. And he leads me on a wild goose chase and I say to him: Look if you don't know, tell me, but do not waste more of my time.  
    And of course he had no idea. Even though he spent 20 minutes of my precious time pretending he did... Now, thats the Frys I frew up on!

It's because you're pretty, next time wear this:  

•  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Suzukiman: threw up in or on or grew up on? you kindof mixed the two and both are rather valid.

The mental image of Aya blowing chunks in the middle of Fry's is somewhat hilarious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch:
    Suzukiman: threw up in or on or grew up on? you kindof mixed the two and both are rather valid.

The mental image of Aya blowing chunks in the middle of Fry's is somewhat hilarious.

Ayahu is bulimic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ah that explains itLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009

or  

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    Sasquatch:  

There is no such thing as too much exercise.
  6.  permalink
    asdf:
    Sasquatch:  

There is no such thing as too much exercise.

That... is that even real? O.oWhy is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009
    Looks like the monster from Pan's Labyrinth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009
    Amazing, the human bodie's endurance.Superhero!