Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    So what's the best method for a customer to chat up an employee at the store without getting them in trouble.  

Assuming they are a cashier or something like that?  

There is a person I have noticed in my local Fry's that is absolutely beautiful and I'd like to get to know her, but don't want to get her in trouble or come off wrong.  

Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    There's this amazingly good looking guy at my Frys, but last I heard he was with a cashier for a year and she was pregnant. So I can't tell you. It was a completely pointless story.Superhero!
  1.  permalink
    Hmm.  

Buy a lot of small stuff. Components is good for that. Stuff for like 30 cents or whatever. Make sure they are different. You will be stuck at her register for quite sometime.  

Or just write a check. Heh. However, that is a double edged sword. She will either not mind, or completely hate you since the check approval process takes forever.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    AyaHu: There's this amazingly good looking guy at my Frys, but last I heard he was with a cashier for a year and she was pregnant. So I can't tell you. It was a completely pointless story.

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting.  

I'm just looking for lunch or a drink with the girl I am interested in if it even goes that far.  

She usually works as a cashier, so I don't know how I'd get a chance to interact with her.  

Hmmmm
  2.  permalink
    Have a small date in the store.

Ask if it would be ok for her to take a 10 minute break for a little date in the cafeteria.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    Guest and Guy from Duluth, those are great ideas. Thanks for the replies.  

She really is gorgeous and exotic looking and I'd love to chat her up.  
    :face-smile:
  3.  permalink
    silver: So what's the best method for a customer to chat up an employee at the store without getting them in trouble.  

There is a person I have noticed in my local Fry's that is absolutely beautiful and I'd like to get to know her, but don't want to get her in trouble or come off wrong.  

Thanks!

What are you 12?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    The entire reason I first came here was to proclaim my love for him but alas, he was taken and no one here is in Arizona anyways. Of course now I'm not interested in him, but he is still good looking.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    meinside100:
    silver: So what's the best method for a customer to chat up an employee at the store without getting them in trouble.  

Thanks!

What are you 12?

That's how old I feel when I see her.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Geeze....  

Double dittos on meanside100's comment about being 12.  

Next time you're there, have the cajones to tell her that you'd like to meet her, apart from Fry's so that she doesn't get into any trouble, offer to meet her for lunch or whatever (and YES, make sure you pay the meal or whatever), give her your cell phone, and tell her that you look forward to hearing from her.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009 edited
    It's hilarious that you guys mock him and I'm sitting here reading his posts thinking "HOW SWEET~~"  

I'm such a girl.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    LOL on the comments about my age.  

First of all she is a different ethnicity than I am, so I always try to take that into account as well. Most cultures don't appreciate brazen young men coming on strong so I'd rather take the safe route than look like the proverbial typical L.A. idiot, which I am not.  

More importantly, I haven't worked a retail job in twenty years but I do know that socializing while on the clock is frowned upon. I wanted to get an insider's view from an employee who works at Fry's to get the best approach.  

Obviously the 12 year old comments are bait to try and get me to reply with ad hominem responses, but that's not my style.  

AyaHu is much closer to portraying where I am coming from.  

Thanks again. :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009 edited
    Well now you sound like one of those psuedo intellectual semi-nerdy (Born of the 80s.) Plays the computer for often but cannot list themselves as developer, who loves asians. You probably have seen animes and mask your liking for them knowing you might be considered a weeabo. You probably speak a little chinese and/or Japanese and may even know some Hiragana. You would say you "Like" or "Prefer" asian aesthetics, but in your "intellect" have not yet realized that you are no different than the other weeabos. You probably do not believe in god, but are not an atheist. I would guess you have some buddhist influences.  
    You probably also have an appreciation of fine Indian women. You'd use that as a comeback.  

The 12 year old responses are by no means bait, it is your psuedo intellectual reasoning telling you that. They were commentary on the grammatical structure and formulation of your sentences, any non weaboo would find your sentence structure odd for complimenting a woman.  

Unless of course she is Jamaican. ;DSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    AyaHu: Well now you sound like one of those psuedo intellectual semi-nerdy (Born of the 80s.) Plays the computer for often but cannot list themselves as developer, who loves asians. You probably have seen animes and mask your liking for them knowing you might be considered a weeabo. You probably speak a little chinese and/or Japanese and may even know some Hiragana. You would say you "Like" or "Prefer" asian aesthetics, but in your "intellect" have not yet realized that you are no different than the other weeabos. You probably do not believe in god, but are not an atheist. I would guess you have some buddhist influences.  
    You probably also have an appreciation of fine Indian women. You'd use that as a comeback.  

The 12 year old responses are by no means bait, it is your psuedo intellectual reasoning telling you that. They were commentary on the grammatical structure and formulation of your sentences, any non weaboo would find your sentence structure odd for complimenting a woman.  

Unless of course she is Jamaican. ;D

Born in the 70's.  
    Not a developer  
    Equal Opportunity when it comes to women  
    Yes, I do appreciate fine Indian women and have dated a few too  
    Speak English and Jive (Airplane movie reference)  

Jamaica is awesome, would love to go back there soon.  
    :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Nope...not trying to beat up on you with the age issue. Just reminds me of stuff that I went through at that age (some things never change). Understand the comment about different cultures. Definitely something to take into account. However, having dated those of different ethnic backgrounds (Indian, Israeli, and Jordanian), many are "westernized" - i.e. they've adapted to many of our US customs.  

The main point being, ask (with the above factors in mind). The worst that can happen is "thank you, but I have a tupperware party to go to".
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Well I guess that's what I get for pulling ideas out of my ass. I am like a psuedo psychic. There is a scar on one of your knees.  

Jeez I am good.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    ObiWan: Nope...not trying to beat up on you with the age issue. Just reminds me of stuff that I went through at that age (some things never change). Understand the comment about different cultures. Definitely something to take into account. However, having dated those of different ethnic backgrounds (Indian, Israeli, and Jordanian), many are "westernized" - i.e. they've adapted to many of our US customs.  

The main point being, ask (with the above factors in mind). The worst that can happen is "thank you, but I have a tupperware party to go to".

Point taken, and thanks for the clarification.  

No matter what age, I think we can all agree that when encountering an attractive person we want to talk to or get to know, there is a chance to get weak kneed and giddy, regardless if they are Cindy Crawford or a Fry's checkout girl! :face-smile:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    AyaHu: Well I guess that's what I get for pulling ideas out of my ass. I am like a psuedo psychic. There is a scar on one of your knees.  

Jeez I am good.

You are almost as good as Miss Cleo (remember her? LOL)  

No scar on knees though........:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    silver:
    AyaHu: There's this amazingly good looking guy at my Frys, but last I heard he was with a cashier for a year and she was pregnant. So I can't tell you. It was a completely pointless story.

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting.  

I'm just looking for lunch or a drink with the girl I am interested in if it even goes that far.  

She usually works as a cashier, so I don't know how I'd get a chance to interact with her.  

Hmmmm

Next time you see her cashiering, just walk around the line and go straight to her. Tell her you'd like to apply for a Fry's card, they have quotas to meet. After she's done with the transaction you are interrupting, she'll take you off the the side to apply for a Fry's card. In the event she points you to another associate, just tell the other guy you forget your ID and will be back later. Actually sign up for the Fry's card, you can cancel it later. Once you're approved, (hopefully) give her your number! Good luck.  

Tupperware parties sound awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    silver:
    AyaHu: Well I guess that's what I get for pulling ideas out of my ass. I am like a psuedo psychic. There is a scar on one of your knees.  

Jeez I am good.

You are almost as good as Miss Cleo (remember her? LOL)  

No scar on knees though........:face-devil-grin:

I wish Miss Cleo was still around so my kids would know her. Now my kids will never know what I'm talking about when I say "YES DIS IS MEES CLEO!"  

There was some paper that said a cold reader could say there was a scar on your knee and 80% of people will agree. There are some other good ones in there too. I forget them all, but I do have a scar on my knee, so does my twin, and most of my friends.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    assuming you don't work there.  

You: Hey what are you doing this saturday?  

Her: Nothing how about you?  

You: I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me.  

It's pretty straight-forward dude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    What store is she from?  
    Props to your component items and Fry's card app suggestions.  
    Spoken like a true cashier.  
    TK!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    The Rza: assuming you don't work there.  

Balls are always bigger on the internet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch:
    The Rza: assuming you don't work there.  

Balls are always bigger on the internet.

Online dating has always worked for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    asdf:

Online dating has always worked for me.

72635946v9_350x350_Front.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Online dating is great, that's how Sass and I met. Just look at us now, we're online married.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009 edited
    In general people look bad in photos. But for some reason these people find the misleadings photos which make them look hot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    I have always been photogenic myself. I wish I had my home computer I'd show you this pic of me as a baby posing like a model ;DSuperhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    My photos always come out blurry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Sasquatch: My photos always come out blurry.

Switch to Nikon
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    Tell that to the hikers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Wait, what about scarred knees??
    •  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    Sasquatch: Tell that to the hikers.

Well, whoever took the photo in your avatar probably didn't use a nikon. It looks so blurred, and you look like the cutest sasquatch ever. And then I saw the picture with you and your e-wife. That photographer must have used a Nikon, it's not blurred, and and you're not really cute.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    gogetenkz:

Well, whoever took the photo in your avatar probably didn't use a nikon. It looks so blurred, and you look like the cutest sasquatch ever. And then I saw the picture with you and your e-wife. That photographer must have used a Nikon, it's not blurred, and and you're not really cute.

At first I was going to chastise you for calling my man cute. But calling him uncute, I'm going to have to beat you.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009
    AyaHu:
    gogetenkz:

At first I was going to chastise you for calling my man cute. But calling him uncute, I'm going to have to beat you.

Please, no!!
  4.  permalink
    if i was the girl and you'd ask me out, it would be something like..

"A date? maybe. can you fill out a fry card app. for me?"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009
    i wonder if he actually got the date or not?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    Amandeep Kaur @ Woodland Hills is gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthornscreated
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009
    Now, what do I do when a customer is cute and available?  

We service techs spend a bit more time with our customers than the people at the register.  

I have helped so many gorgeous nerd-girls. <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    which store are you from?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest823
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2013
    You should introduce yourself and ask her if she would be interested on having a coffee or a drink which ever she'd prefer and get to know one another, simple and cut to the point no making yourself look like an idiot or trying too hard with extra little things or saying in between. As a female, I would rather have a guy that was interested in me ask me something like this instead of coming up to my register and checking me out without saying anything. It's all about having confidence in yourself. I also feel like asking to go out for drinks is better than asking to go out for dinner because having a drink means only having a glass or 2 and getting to know one another in a quick moment and hey if the dates going well maybe it can also proceed to dinner. Dinner on the other hand is kind of messy especially if the date isn't going well, you're left with the check and a stale date that's maybe going to last longer than the both of you wished it had. But here's my other input, dating a coworker isnt such a good idea. I hope I've helped in some way. Simple and straight forward....no corny lines=big turn off :)