Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Its usually paranoid people that pay with checks instead of debit from my personal experience in retail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    I write one check a month. and its for rent. $1025.  

I wish they would except eft, paypal, google pay. Checks are obsolete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    Because they are senior citizens, and they don't even know what a card is........
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    gogetenkz: Because they are senior citizens, and they don't even know what a card is........

As hard as this is to believe, it is true. I used to work in a retired care center, it's amazing how they just do what was available to them when they were young and never do anything else.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Believe it or not, there are some places that don't have online bill pay. I think my wife writes 2-3 checks a month for those places. Beyond that, everything else is some sort online pay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    What kind of places are those? What about by the phone payments? Used to pay the phone bill by phone every month.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsilver
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    AyaHu: What kind of places are those? What about by the phone payments? Used to pay the phone bill by phone every month.

Some phone pay services incur additional costs or "convenience fees"  

I know most of the credit cards/services I subscribe to would do that.  

Electronic payments are great. I've been doing bills via online since 1996 and have never had a problem.  

Believe it or not I've had more problems writing a check and paying for something IN PERSON vs. EFT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    I have not written a check in years... although I did buy a money order or 2 to pay some fines..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  2.  permalink
    I just try to convince the customer that writing a check will take alot longer than just using a card. And if they insist on using a check. Then I take my time to verify funds and try to get them as pissed off as possible to where they just throw a credit or debit card at me.
  3.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: I just try to convince the customer that writing a check will take alot longer than just using a card. And if they insist on using a check. Then I take my time to verify funds and try to get them as pissed off as possible to where they just throw a credit or debit card at me.

SDCherryPicker: I just try to convince the customer that writing a check will take alot longer than just using a card. And if they insist on using a check. Then I take my time to verify funds and try to get them as pissed off as possible to where they just throw a credit or debit card at me.

superhero
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    The only thing I use checks for is rent. Until this month, anyway. My complex is moving over to an online payment system, finally. No more will I be burdened with an analog form of currency.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009 edited
    Sasquatch: The only thing I use checks for is rent. Until this month, anyway. My complex is moving over to an online payment system, finally. No more will I be burdened with an analog form of currency.

cash is an analog form of currency too.. I guess you won't need any.  

We might want to go back to that currency if fuckers like the credit card company charge fees for people you pay in full  
    http://frysforum.com/discussion/1516/credit-card-companies-to-charge-extra-fees-for-people-who-pay-in-full/i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    worm:
    Sasquatch: The only thing I use checks for is rent. Until this month, anyway. My complex is moving over to an online payment system, finally. No more will I be burdened with an analog form of currency.

We might want to go back to that currency if fuckers like the credit card company charge fees for people you pay in full  
    http://frysforum.com/discussion/1516/credit-card-companies-to-charge-extra-fees-for-people-who-pay-in-full/

You still use cash? i just use my atm/check cashing card.. :)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Exactly. I can't even remember the last time I used cash.
  4.  permalink
    Sasquatch: Exactly. I can't even remember the last time I used cash.

for real, even vending machines take plastic as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    someone:
    worm:

http://frysforum.com/discussion/1516/credit-card-companies-to-charge-extra-fees-for-people-who-pay-in-full/

You still use cash? i just use my atm/check cashing card.. :)

Same, I haven't had cash on me in months. My friend picked up a book for me for $2 at the library sale (my old copy is falling apart) and I had to go get cash back at Arco to get the $2 to pay her. Now how sad is that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    What's two dollars among friends?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Sasquatch: What's two dollars among friends?

When you're both unemployed? A little more than you would think. Who knows, she might just refuse the $$.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    xbluebellax:
    Sasquatch: What's two dollars among friends?

When you're both unemployed? A little more than you would think. Who knows, she might just refuse the $$.

I'd rather it be me negative $2 than any friend.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    Checks are more than a hassle than anything else. Debt is not paid until the check has cleared. There is an illuision that something was paid based on receiving a check or giving one. But its not as certain as credit or cash.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    It's not certain at all, I had a company cut me three bad checks for work for them. Never did get my money. Yet.Superhero!
  5.  permalink
    I have taken 4 checks already today. I hate them with a passion.
  6.  permalink
    I take the time to verify accounts & funds for all checks; often I use the word "subject to clear." I don't use this as a method to scare customers, but a way to protect myself and guarantee that the check is payed for before giving our side of the transaction through.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCSAhole
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Fry's love them checks because they get every penny of the total amount.:face-plain: