Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    Well I have quit and left Fry's.. Of course I did have a different job as well to fall back on.. It'll be a drop in pay for me, but the outlook ahead is better to a point where I can move up and make more. I think it was all the lies I heard from the other salespeople that put me in and of course I can't lie to customers like they do... not that I'm not a liar.. I'm just not a very good liar, so I stick with what's easier.. the truth. And it never helped that the supervisor and managers do not know how to manage and they stifle you at any moment they can.  

I just really got tired of hearing the lies....  

"Oh we only have 2 left.." Yet there is a whole stack of like 30 in the back  
    "It's a replacement warranty......we'll replace it if we cannot fix it.." <-- That IS NOT a replacement warranty.. A replacement warranty is one where it gets replaced, not because they cannot fix it but just because it broke.  
    of course it was always fun to hear service complaining all the time about our top sales guy who the customers always come back and said that he said the PSC covers physical damage.  

Supervisors who ask you why you aren't making sales, but also say they don't want to hear excuses, which means you cannot really say why you aren't making sales because they would be excuses. Especially when it is slow and everyone else is barely making sales either.  

Then there's always the fun.. YOU need to get wireless installation, why haven't you got wireless installs..  

Oh well.. I'm off to a new world and better less stress filled life.. :)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Goodbye Deferred Compensation... Hello full commission?
    What do you think Fry's future will be in this recession?
    Fry's retaliation to future employment
    Rite-Aid Got Nailed for Harassment- Future Fry's Millionaires?
    Goodbye Documents. Office SP3 phases out document formats!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    so what store you from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Congratulations, my friend.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    "of course it was always fun to hear service complaining all the time about our top sales guy who the customers always come back and said that he said the PSC covers physical damage."  

Reminds me of our top Fry's Card guy who would tell customers that the Fry's Card was a club card, not a credit card. Then they would come back and pay at my register and they would never believe that they had just paid. They would hand me their Visa and ask what the new total was.  

So, yeah, congratulations....fall backs are wonderful thing to have.
  2.  permalink
    Feels good, doesn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    gossipgirl025: Feels good, doesn't it?

Yes it does.. I'll probably be stressing more about money, but that's a lot better than stressing about work..  

BTW I worked at the one in Anaheim..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  3.  permalink
    You definatly will be stressing about money for a while. But it won't be forever. It was also a good life lesson for my husband and I finacially.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    I'm looking at changing auto-insurance companies. Anyone have any good or bad experiences they would like to share?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Sasquatch: I'm looking at changing auto-insurance companies. Anyone have any good or bad experiences they would like to share?

Don't go with Geico.. ;)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    wawanesa is the best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    someone: Reminds me of our top Fry's Card guy who would tell customers that the Fry's Card was a club card, not a credit card. Then they would come back and pay at my register and they would never believe that they had just paid. They would hand me their Visa and ask what the new total was.

Our top Fry's card guy does the same thing. Sometimes he refers to it as a "rewards card" which I find hilarious yet very deceptive. Some smart customers ask "what are the rewards for having this card?" He usually responds by talking so fast that they just give up. Another time a guy thought he was applying for a job, with the same salesman. Funny thing was he got approved for a card. When the salesman said, good news sir you got approved. Then the customer said, great when do I start...  

Uh oh, you can imagine what happened.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    You should hear some of the lies people tell to help sell a wireless install. Setting up your protocols is very hard, you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    The Rza:
    someone: Reminds me of our top Fry's Card guy who would tell customers that the Fry's Card was a club card, not a credit card. Then they would come back and pay at my register and they would never believe that they had just paid. They would hand me their Visa and ask what the new total was.

Our top Fry's card guy does the same thing. Sometimes he refers to it as a "rewards card" which I find hilarious yet very deceptive. Some smart customers ask "what are the rewards for having this card?" He usually responds by talking so fast that they just give up. Another time a guy thought he was applying for a job, with the same salesman. Funny thing was he got approved for a card. When the salesman said, good news sir you got approved. Then the customer said, great when do I start...  

Uh oh, you can imagine what happened.

I highly doubt what they are doing is legal. I'm pretty sure it is against the law to trick someone into taking out credit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Predatory lending.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    What is cool is when credit card companies all of a sudden increase your interest rate bringing your monthly minimum payment to double.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    Guest: wawanesa is the best.

Thanks.. I was trying to remember that name.. :) though I don't qualify.. they don't take people with an accident or traffic ticket.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf: What is cool is when credit card companies all of a sudden increase your interest rate bringing your monthly minimum payment to double.

Didnt they make a law against that recently?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2009
    I don't think it passed.