Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormeinside100
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    Seriously at the Duluth store virtually no DM, Sup, etc has a college degree. Yet, all the employees who have degrees are usually bottom of the barrel employees who never get promoted. I remember reading in Newsweek that people with 4-year degrees and up tend to be more critical thinkers and question unwarranted authority more. Lord knows that is something, critical thinking, that Frys doesn't like too much outside the SM and ASM position.
  1.  permalink
    Do you know that for a fact that none of them has a college education? Did you interview all of them. Stop coming on here and making all this shit up without any proof.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    College degrees are useless in retail unless you are a corporate worker.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Why would someone with a degree work for Fry's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009 edited
    meinside100: people with 4-year degrees and up tend to ... question unwarranted authority more.

You just answered your question right there... ;)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I am very curious what the education level is, going up the chain of command. Some of our buyers purchase the most ridiculous things. Killer NIC cards. Pink, bling ethernet cables. Thousand dollar computer cases. Did they really expect them to sell?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    They are passively telling you. "You must sell this crap."
  2.  permalink
    Sasquatch: I am very curious what the education level is, going up the chain of command. Some of our buyers purchase the most ridiculous things. Killer NIC cards. Pink, bling ethernet cables. Thousand dollar computer cases. Did they really expect them to sell?

Well people do ask for em. *shrug*Why is there an S in Lisp?
  3.  permalink
    Sasquatch: I am very curious what the education level is, going up the chain of command. Some of our buyers purchase the most ridiculous things. Killer NIC cards. Pink, bling ethernet cables. Thousand dollar computer cases. Did they really expect them to sell?

You have to understand, if a buyer can get a good deal on something, they buy it. Doesnt really matter what it is as long as fry's is getting it for cheap. And many times that means ordering so much of this "good deal" that they never have to order it again.
  4.  permalink
    If you have a college degree, maybe you should get a real job and stop wasting your prime years away at Fry's.  

We just got an entire PALLET of garden hose nozzles. For components. I don't get it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2009
    particleman: If you have a college degree, maybe you should get a real job and stop wasting your prime years away at Fry's.  

We just got an entire PALLET of garden hose nozzles. For components. I don't get it.

well there are a lot of garden hoses out there without garden nozzles.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    That Guy in Duluth:

Well people do ask for em. *shrug*

frys_morman:

You have to understand, if a buyer can get a good deal on something, they buy it. Doesnt really matter what it is as long as fry's is getting it for cheap. And many times that means ordering so much of this "good deal" that they never have to order it again.

Both statements are true, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to purchase whatever they want. They do a good job for the most part, just some things...  

•  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    someone:
    particleman: If you have a college degree, maybe you should get a real job and stop wasting your prime years away at Fry's.  

well there are a lot of garden hoses out there without garden nozzles.

*Nods in agreement with wisdom at its finest.
  5.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    That Guy in Duluth:

Well people do ask for em. *shrug*

frys_morman:

Both statements are true, but that doesn't give them carte blanche to purchase whatever they want. They do a good job for the most part, just some things...  

That looks pretty! O.O  

The only thing that confuses me is that the Computers Dept. sells Ponchos.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    you know whats a really cool is that gaming router in components. I dont remember whats the brand but the chipset is using ubicom streamengine which does hardware self managed qos. Basically you can do your BitTorrent or high bandwidth downloads without affecting internet game play or latency.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2009
    I think it is D-Link that does that router, or did anyways.I shit trains, Now what?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrooked
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthormissycj
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009
    Why is the person that started this thread always concerned about what is going on with Fry's anyway. He/She has been gone from there for over a year now. I think that he/she should move on with their life and stop trying to start stupid petty bull shiite
  6.  permalink
    missycj: Why is the person that started this thread always concerned about what is going on with Fry's anyway. He/She has been gone from there for over a year now. I think that he/she should move on with their life and stop trying to start stupid petty bull shiite

Bullshit with a smile :face-smile:
  7.  permalink
    missycj: Why is the person that started this thread always concerned about what is going on with Fry's anyway. He/She has been gone from there for over a year now. I think that he/she should move on with their life and stop trying to start stupid petty bull shiite

It's just paranoia I guess.  

And to be honest, I have a college degree and I got promoted. Though I did step back down. My schedule conflicted with theirs.  

And those of you about to ask me why I haven't moved on from Fry's. I plan on leaving. Actually getting tired of the place in general only because it feels like the same thing over and over. Heading back to school to get my Bachelors very soon.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 9674
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    CommentAuthorObiWanCommentTimeJun 9th 2009 permalink
    Why would someone with a degree work for Fry's?

particlemanCommentTimeJun 12th 2009 permalink
    If you have a college degree, maybe you should get a real job and stop wasting your prime years away at Fry's.

What ignorance. Has it ever occurred to you Einsteins that perhaps, in this day and age of economic strife when businesses all over are cutting back and unemployment is skyrocketing, great paying career jobs are tough to find and there is furious competition for them now? Do you REALLY think anyone who has spent a butt-load of money and time getting a degree would want to work at Fry's or some other base retailer instead of the job they envisioned when they went to school?

Pull your head out. You might get some fresh air that way.
  8.  permalink
    I always cringed whenever I saw a college degree on someone's application. You want to know why? Because every one I passed on to be hired always thought they were too good for the job. They questioned everything and anything and acted like the job wasn't that important to them.  

Even when I was managing other businesses before this one, same thing. Schmuck with college degree in Communications is smarter than entire management team. It's like hiring someone to be a ham sandwich and they show up with sauerkraut and russian dressing on them.  

Occasionally you got lucky and found someone with a college degree that understood that doing the requested job and doing it well is all that management cares about.  

I think a lot of it is frustration that they went and racked up all this student loan debt for an education. Then they landed a job at Fry's stocking batteries and NTE parts. Not exactly part of your five year plan when you graduate. Then they walk in and see a bunch of jerks like me in a suit that didn't...and I get to tell them what to do for eight hours a day.  

The worst is when the economy bottomed out and I had guys with titles like CEO and CFO on their resume asking me to give them a job as a cashier. My response was always, "You ever cleaned a public bathroom before?"