Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    Im new to this forum but not new to the apparent bullshit frys dishes to its employess on a daily basis. I generally keep a low profile in the workplace not because im anti social, but because I don't want to be sucked into the vortex of employee drama that everyone else seems to not be able to avoid. I do of course interact with employees and customers alike, with the utmost respect that any individual deserves but I keep my personal life far away from the facility premises as well as the ears and eyes of coworkers. Im not "buddy-buddy" with anyone at work especially authority, and honestly I believe its cost me my job. I was fired for losing 50 dollars. I did not steal the money for I am no thief. LP informed me that they would review the tapes and to this day im really not too sure they did. My dm said they reviewed the tapes and found no slippage of money at any time during the work day. My $200 bag was intact. My cash pulls were right. I have in the past been short mere cents, never surpassing .10, yet out of the blue im missing exactly $50 and there's no proof anywhere of where the money may have gone. Yet, my dm says they need to cut someone and me missing $50 puts me in the dog house. I've always met my 2 card quota. I've never been short more than 10 cents. I performed my duties in full. I even repainted the restroom doors for the company and was paid my regular hourly wage. Yet, even with all the sexual harrassment, lazy employees who are in good standing with the managers, cherrypickers, nigerian cashiers who can't speak a word of english, and all the other employee scum that frys is notoriously known to hire, I am the one chosen to cut. With no proof, just becuase they can. Honestly Im not too mad and I never was. I am currently co-owner of a new recreational facility in my area and am doing extremely well. My girlfriend and I are engaged and I am just finishing my bachelors in business management. I always did wonder though, can the frys systems be hacked by personnel and munipulated? I heard stories from coworkers when I was working there that they could swear on there mothers grave that they would be off substantiol amounts of money even when they would keep written track all day... is that possible? To manipulate the frys media software and change the dollar amount on a particular employee? I lack interest in the operation of frys really, just thought I'd give my two cents and let my story be heard. :)
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    5 hour blocks and other bullshit.
    Bullshit
    Uncooperative Sony Laptop Restore
    Fry's Launches Online Cell Phone Store
    Employee awards video for Store 5 Manhattan Beach CA
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2009
    I read this "Blah,blah,blah, linkin park, i cut myself, blah,blah,blah"Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    Felix: Im new to this forum but not new to the apparent bullshit frys dishes to its employess on a daily basis. I generally keep a low profile in the workplace not because im anti social, but because I don't want to be sucked into the vortex of employee drama that everyone else seems to not be able to avoid. I do of course interact with employees and customers alike, with the utmost respect that any individual deserves but I keep my personal life far away from the facility premises as well as the ears and eyes of coworkers. Im not "buddy-buddy" with anyone at work especially authority, and honestly I believe its cost me my job. I was fired for losing 50 dollars. I did not steal the money for I am no thief. LP informed me that they would review the tapes and to this day im really not too sure they did. My dm said they reviewed the tapes and found no slippage of money at any time during the work day. My $200 bag was intact. My cash pulls were right. I have in the past been short mere cents, never surpassing .10, yet out of the blue im missing exactly $50 and there's no proof anywhere of where the money may have gone. Yet, my dm says they need to cut someone and me missing $50 puts me in the dog house. I've always met my 2 card quota. I've never been short more than 10 cents. I performed my duties in full. I even repainted the restroom doors for the company and was paid my regular hourly wage. Yet, even with all the sexual harrassment, lazy employees who are in good standing with the managers, cherrypickers, nigerian cashiers who can't speak a word of english, and all the other employee scum that frys is notoriously known to hire, I am the one chosen to cut. With no proof, just becuase they can. Honestly Im not too mad and I never was. I am currently co-owner of a new recreational facility in my area and am doing extremely well. My girlfriend and I are engaged and I am just finishing my bachelors in business management. I always did wonder though, can the frys systems be hacked by personnel and munipulated? I heard stories from coworkers when I was working there that they could swear on there mothers grave that they would be off substantiol amounts of money even when they would keep written track all day... is that possible? To manipulate the frys media software and change the dollar amount on a particular employee? I lack interest in the operation of frys really, just thought I'd give my two cents and let my story be heard. :)

100% correct on all statements.
  3.  permalink
    I thought it was if you were off by $100 they fired you. Maybe it's different for each store. Don't sweat it man. You seem to be already back on your feet. It's just Frys.
  4.  permalink
    yeah fry's is pretty jacked up like that. I can't complain cause i was always on the good side of management...well at least in the store I started out in. But it is like that with any job really, especially in retail. The second store that I worked in the management did not like me or at least the way I did my job. I did my job the way I was taught in the first store and no complaints, just compliments. The second store not so much. I was basically taught do your job and only what your job requirements. Well the second store expected me to pick up their favorite sups slack. I was expected to do someones binder with someone elses name on it. My job was to train new associates not to do team binders. It was bull. They didn't like that so they "forced" me to quit by telling me I can't take my vacation 1 day before I left after I put the notice a month in advanced. They went all handbook on me telling me that I cannot take a week off without pay. I had no problem in the past with that. And if that was the case what about the sup 1. she took off a 6 weeks, in the handbook it says a sup can take no more then 2 weeks off at a time. The job wasn't worth the fight. I said fuck it and clocked out and left. I didn't need to fight for a job that didn't want me there. I still have my friends at my first store and know those are real people I can trust. They are the best managers I have ever worked with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2009
    I agree with you gossipgirl, in saying that frys really wasn't a job worth fighting for. I too didn't really give much importance to whole thing, in fact I shook my dm's hand and thanked him for the oppurtunity after handing him my frys badge. The thing that baffles me is that Frys has the potential to be one of the top retail stores in the nation, yet they insist on keeping the low-level employees, and firing those who show real intellect. Being a director for my company, along with my business partner, I look at each and every application turned in and seriously stay up late deciding on who to call back. And in todays employment market, its extremely common to see applicants with degrees and extended skill, trust me I know. Yet Fry's of course hires the high school senior who talks to too many females and has no drive to make the workplace better for all. Of course they may be too busy repackaging returned items and selling them in new condtion than to seriously look at applications.
  5.  permalink
    Fry's doesn't look carefully at apps because its a retail store. Same things goes for any other retail store in the country. The only thing they look at is hours-what you are available to work and also a criminal background. If we didn't have animal labor laws the world of retail would be monkeys. :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    gossipgirl025: Fry's doesn't look carefully at apps because its a retail store.

They should. They should fire lazy accessory sales, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    Frys should do a lot of things my hairy friend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I lied to the assistant store manager about my background and said my he wouldn't find anything on my record. Then said well actually have this, this, this, and this on my record and they still hired me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    Really? That's hilarious. Gossipgirl is wrong in saying that all retail stores look soley at backgrounds and availability. That is far from the truth. . . Well not frys really. But the same can't be said for all retail stores. That's a pretty uneducated statement. Not saying She is uneducated, she very well may be the smartest cleverest person on this forum, just saying that her statement was poorly researched is all.
  6.  permalink
    Felix: Really? That's hilarious. Gossipgirl is wrong in saying that all retail stores look soley at backgrounds and availability. That is far from the truth. . . Well not frys really. But the same can't be said for all retail stores. That's a pretty uneducated statement. Not saying She is uneducated, she very well may be the smartest cleverest person on this forum, just saying that her statement was poorly researched is all.

There is a joke here about a pot calling a kettle black, but I am just not that clever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf: I lied to the assistant store manager about my background and said my he wouldn't find anything on my record. Then said well actually have this, this, this, and this on my record and they still hired me.

Attempted murder? Grand theft auto? Jaywalking?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    By all means particleman, fill us in
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I want to know. I like bad boys. If you were drunk, though, I don't want to know.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    ˆ Haha ˆ
  7.  permalink
    gossipgirl025: yeah fry's is pretty jacked up like that. I can't complain cause i was always on the good side of management...well at least in the store I started out in. But it is like that with any job really, especially in retail. The second store that I worked in the management did not like me or at least the way I did my job. I did my job the way I was taught in the first store and no complaints, just compliments. The second store not so much. I was basically taught do your job and only what your job requirements. Well the second store expected me to pick up their favorite sups slack. I was expected to do someones binder with someone elses name on it. My job was to train new associates not to do team binders. It was bull. They didn't like that so they "forced" me to quit by telling me I can't take my vacation 1 day before I left after I put the notice a month in advanced. They went all handbook on me telling me that I cannot take a week off without pay. I had no problem in the past with that. And if that was the case what about the sup 1. she took off a 6 weeks, in the handbook it says a sup can take no more then 2 weeks off at a time. The job wasn't worth the fight. I said fuck it and clocked out and left. I didn't need to fight for a job that didn't want me there. I still have my friends at my first store and know those are real people I can trust. They are the best managers I have ever worked with.

Was your 2nd store Fountain Valley?
  8.  permalink
    Well I have been in retail ever since high school. Sad but true. The good part is that I am going to school to get away from the hell hole of retail. I have never seen very high expectations for employment in retail anywhere. Maybe in high end stores because products will be very expensive so customers will definatly expect more for the employees. But all basic retail like Fry's, Target, Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc....you don't have to have such an extensive background of experiance weather it be school or work experiance. I just feel sad for people that have college degrees and they are applying at Fry's.  

And yes store 7 was my second store. At first I didn't want to say but now I really don't care. I still won't say who I am just for the fun of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFelix
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2009
    Absolutely. I mean, why would you go out and work for frys when you have a degree on your belt. There's high school kids that work at frys for crying out loud. Yeah I can see where your coming from gossipgirl, about retail stores and all. I'd have to say, its pretty damn hard to find good employees nowadays.
  9.  permalink
    Same goes for jobs. When I quit it took me forever to find a job.
  10.  permalink
    gossipgirl025: Well I have been in retail ever since high school. Sad but true. The good part is that I am going to school to get away from the hell hole of retail. I have never seen very high expectations for employment in retail anywhere. Maybe in high end stores because products will be very expensive so customers will definatly expect more for the employees. But all basic retail like Fry's, Target, Home Depot, Wal Mart, etc....you don't have to have such an extensive background of experiance weather it be school or work experiance. I just feel sad for people that have college degrees and they are applying at Fry's.  

And yes store 7 was my second store. At first I didn't want to say but now I really don't care. I still won't say who I am just for the fun of it.

That's fine, I dunno if I'd know you anyway. I was their this year from August to the beginning of January.  

And while i can see where you'd be annoyed at Norma taking 6 weeks off instead of two, I'd count that as an early Christmas present being as far away from that evil bitch as possible.
  11.  permalink
    Felix: Absolutely. I mean, why would you go out and work for frys when you have a degree on your belt. There's high school kids that work at frys for crying out loud. Yeah I can see where your coming from gossipgirl, about retail stores and all. I'd have to say, its pretty damn hard to find good employees nowadays.

I left so I could better myself and my education. My degree wasn't getting me anywhere in the economy that we are in so I decided to go back and get my teaching/masters degree, and if that doesn't work I'll learn some computer programs so I can be a secretary in an office or a firm. I will never crawl back to a place like Frys or Disneyland again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    R.I.P. Six Flags.
  12.  permalink
    Sasquatch: R.I.P. Six Flags.

What's that supposed to mean? Got an email from Six Flags that they are restructuring their internal affairs, but are not closing down.  

<--- Season Pass Holder for Six Flags Over GeorgiaWhy is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2009
    Ah Six flags, many memories of many of your parks.Superhero!
  13.  permalink

That's fine, I dunno if I'd know you anyway. I was their this year from August to the beginning of January.  

And while i can see where you'd be annoyed at Norma taking 6 weeks off instead of two, I'd count that as an early Christmas present being as far away from that evil bitch as possible.

Yeah we never met. I quit last year in June. So it's been about a year of being Fry's free and it feels great.
  14.  permalink
    gossipgirl025: And yes store 7 was my second store. At first I didn't want to say but now I really don't care. I still won't say who I am just for the fun of it.

Yeah we never met. I quit last year in June. So it's been about a year of being Fry's free and it feels great.

Doesn't it though? I have the sick urge to go in there on Holidays and brag about how I have a choice to be here xD
  15.  permalink
    ladydemando:
    gossipgirl025: And yes store 7 was my second store. At first I didn't want to say but now I really don't care. I still won't say who I am just for the fun of it.

Doesn't it though? I have the sick urge to go in there on Holidays and brag about how I have a choice to be here xD

I go back to my old store about once a month to preach the virtue of leaving Frys behind. Frys does an excellent job of brainwashing its associates into thinking that Frys is all that their life will become.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    They'll never take me alive.