Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    a myth and work ethic is worth more?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited
    I'm actually pretty sure this is true. But it's not really about how you look, it's about how you are kempt, if you curl your hair, dye it, keep it nice, and take care of yourself, although being in shape is not a requirement, but taking care of yourself is.  

What are you implying by 'dress well'. If you are talking business suits then, no. But in general if you dress like you are nice, you'll be perceived as nice etc.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009
    Oh but this law does not apply to retail.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I don't think the way someone dresses would ever influence how I view them, unless it is an extreme breech of status quo. As long as my employees are doing a good job, it shouldn't be an issue. The only situation where something like that would affect my judgment would be in an interview.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Sasquatch: I don't think the way someone dresses would ever influence how I view them, unless it is an extreme breech of status quo. As long as my employees are doing a good job, it shouldn't be an issue. The only situation where something like that would affect my judgment would be in an interview.

In the non retail world, it is different. In retail, anyone can be anyone, but in non retail you are more likely to get promoted being well kempt. I know this is true because people have promoted other people over some outstanding workers because those workers didnt shower or take care of themselves. It is unfortunate but true.  
    But never have I had the experience that dressing in business clothes gets you promoted, although Im sure there are exceptions and you should always dress extremely businessy to an interview.Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    AyaHu: Oh but this law does not apply to retail.

I wouldn't necessarily say that 100%. At Duluth, if you come in with jeans and a t-shirt mentioning how think you drunk you are, and you fill out an application in front of the MIC, they just throw the application in the trash.Why is there an S in Lisp?