Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009
    Anyone have further information?  

"At the request of Fry’s Electronics, participation in the Intel(R) Retail Edge Program for Fry’s employees has been changed. Coming soon, Fry’s employees will experience exclusive content. An announcement detailing the full scope of these changes will come from your management soon.  

Please note that one of the changes is that Fry’s employees are no longer eligible for participation in the Edge Rewards program. This includes the Store, Drawings and the Big Deal. If you purchased a Big Deal bundle or Store item prior to Friday, June 19, 2009, your order will still be processed.  

If you have any questions about these changes, please talk to your store or company management. We appreciate your understanding and continued support!"  

Unfortunately, not allowing verification eliminates participation in other programs, such as the PAX drawing. The entire website is just marketing material, now we have utterly no reason to visit. Anyone have information on the "exclusive content?"
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Attention Intel Retail Edge member. Will to pay for 3930k cpu.
    Retail Collapse: Here Are 2018's 57 Biggest Store Closings
    NEW Retail series coming August 13th
    hey guys I'm back with an all new Retail movie...sort of....
    Rules for customers to follow when shopping at a retail store.
  2.  permalink
    I was gonna do this because it was a packaged deal that included Windows 7.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    Sasquatch: Anyone have further information?  

"At the request of Fry’s Electronics, participation in the Intel(R) Retail Edge Program for Fry’s employees has been changed. Coming soon, Fry’s employees will experience exclusive content. An announcement detailing the full scope of these changes will come from your management soon.  

Please note that one of the changes is that Fry’s employees are no longer eligible for participation in the Edge Rewards program. This includes the Store, Drawings and the Big Deal. If you purchased a Big Deal bundle or Store item prior to Friday, June 19, 2009, your order will still be processed.  

If you have any questions about these changes, please talk to your store or company management. We appreciate your understanding and continued support!"  

Unfortunately, not allowing verification eliminates participation in other programs, such as the PAX drawing. The entire website is just marketing material, now we have utterly no reason to visit. Anyone have information on the "exclusive content?"

that royally sucks... I guess Fry's is upset that we participate in Intel's program because we get stuff out of it beyond learning and we won't do the Apple learning stuff because we get nothing but a big waste of time from it...Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  3.  permalink
    I think this means we need to start pushing AMD stuff. At least that is what I am going to start to do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Guest: I think this means we need to start pushing AMD stuff. At least that is what I am going to start to do.

I have stock in AMD. Right now the price is at $3.64. It's time to buy more.
  4.  permalink
    asdf:
    Guest: I think this means we need to start pushing AMD stuff. At least that is what I am going to start to do.

I have stock in AMD. Right now the price is at $3.64. It's time to buy more.

Ooh. Thanks for the reminder. Hehe.  

<---- AMD Fanboy.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Fry's is stupid... seriously.. I took advantage of the last big deal and I ended up spending $600 on other parts to complete my system there.. even though I used my AP.. I'm sure Fry's got some of my money I would have not otherwise spent if I didn't take part.. I'd still be using my AMD box that I ended up giving to a friend who has helped me out a lot..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Don't ride out on the hate wagon just yet. Maybe they'll announce a new big deal, just for Fry's employees, that's half as expensive. Maybe...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009
    Sasquatch: Don't ride out on the hate wagon just yet. Maybe they'll announce a new big deal, just for Fry's employees, that's half as expensive. Maybe...

This is Fry's you are talking about.....Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  5.  permalink
    someone:
    Sasquatch: Don't ride out on the hate wagon just yet. Maybe they'll announce a new big deal, just for Fry's employees, that's half as expensive. Maybe...

This is Fry's you are talking about.....

There may just be some sort of incentive program. You never know. They just started this thing.  

I know AMD's equivalent program does. I forget its name though.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    That Guy in Duluth:
    someone:

This is Fry's you are talking about.....

There may just be some sort of incentive program. You never know. They just started this thing.

Have fun dreaming.. ;)Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  6.  permalink
    kicking us out of retail edge is effen homo... ,wtf that module is totally worthless.
  7.  permalink
    The new retail edge site for Fry's is up...great, two pages with some training, no events, no item store, no deals, not even a frickin forum...wtf
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    I'm usually fairly collected, but-  
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.  
    Quite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjihad212
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    And here i was thinking hey it was pretty fortunate to be working at Fry's after all. After faxing that piece of crap paystub and logging in few days later, all I see is the training program, 2 pages worth, and no other links to be fucking found. I even finished the stupid ass training(and I mean that with all my heart, IT IS A VERY STUPID TRAINING/QUIZ) and I got nothing but a cheap looking PDF certificate that I will never use in my entire life because the quiz involves 5 questions that are not randomized, hence you could re-take it and ace it after you fail it the first time.  

But WOW? Seriously? Out of all the retail chains, Fry's had to be the exclusive retail store that lost all the benefits of signing up for this piece of shit retail edge program in the first place? I signed up for the i7 bundle like thousands of other people, but I got fucked over in the last minute. This is simply ridiculous, I seriously would've never thought that I be hating Fry's even more now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009
    Pretty much every question is:  

Why are Intel processors so awesome?  
    A. They use less power  
    B. Integrated memory controller  
    C. Because we said so  
    D. AMD sucks  
    E. All of the above  

Answer: E
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2009 edited
    Guest: The new retail edge site for Fry's is up...great, two pages with some training, no events, no item store, no deals, not even a frickin forum...wtf

And NOW Management is going to want to actually participate in this program like Apple's on your free time..  

Perhaps you should get a job at Best Buy for a week, sign up for their retail edge and just photoshop future paystubs..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThadius
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2009
    someone:
    Guest: The new retail edge site for Fry's is up...great, two pages with some training, no events, no item store, no deals, not even a frickin forum...wtf

And NOW Management is going to want to actually participate in this program like Apple's on your free time..  

Perhaps you should get a job at Best Buy for a week, sign up for their retail edge and just photoshop future paystubs..

I'm quite certain that the paystub had to be within a certain time frame.  
    A month I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Thadius:
    someone:

Perhaps you should get a job at Best Buy for a week, sign up for their retail edge and just photoshop future paystubs..

I'm quite certain that the paystub had to be within a certain time frame.  
    A month I believe.

Photoshop or even GIMP for that matter can easily take care of dates and numbers...Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    There are quite a few programs out there that would be able to execute a nice replica paystub.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    Paint.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2009
    AyaHu: There are quite a few programs out there that would be able to execute a nice replica paystub.

but it's just easier to take a paycheck, scan it and change a few numbers here and there.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  8.  permalink
    just checked the site and we get a FREAKING SWEET pin...amazing thank you frys for a pin that no one really cares about
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    You can sell them on ebay as haunted pins.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Guest: just checked the site and we get a FREAKING SWEET pin...amazing thank you frys for a pin that no one really cares about

Yoohoo a freaking pin.. just like apple.. when are they going to change Cyberscholar? and when are they going to force employees to do the retail edge on their own free time outside of work?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  9.  permalink
    Do you guys still have to do cyber scholar? The store manager at 25 was all up on that for about a week. He harassed every DM to get their sales guys all signed up and whatever, and then the next week he completely lost interest.  

It's a shame about the Big Deal though. HEAVEN FUCKING FORBID THAT FRYS LOSES ~$25 IN GROSS PROFIT BECAUSE THEIR SALES GUYS ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF INTEL'S OFFERING. JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch

These things are a fucking joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    amd three letters is all it takes. plus you will be able to do E. more than these.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  10.  permalink
    I think these are actually for Best Buy employees. They just Photoshopped the Fry's logo over the Best Buy one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    While they are more powerful, getting processor advice from Intel is like getting election results from Ahmadinejad.
  11.  permalink
    I just got a little pop-up message when entering the retail edge page that explains a bit about why the page is different. It leads me to conclude that we will not see any more deals of any sort from the retail edge. I have to say that this is a very crappy move for fry's management. Goodbye intel retail edge *removes bookmark*.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 1699
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    so the deal was what I heard from a co-worker

the DM for computers didn't want the deal for some reason and forgot about dept 1 so send all leters of hate to dept 2s number 1 guy... I have no idea who that is... good news if you order the chip before friday the 17? or 26 u will still get your chip
  12.  permalink
    I am so happy that i got my big deal before the switch, but it is SOOOOOO fucked up they didnt give anyone warning. I have 55k of points just gone now.... corp soulless assholes! thanks frys!
  13.  permalink
    Suzukiman: amd three letters is all it takes. plus you will be able to do E. more than these.

Indeed. Those new 12" HP Notebooks with the AMD Neo processors are NICE. Love the specs.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    AMD FTMFW, it pays more anyways too
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    hell yea just look at their campusses intel is a military complex with barbwire around it and amd looks like a park with volleyball courts and whatnotLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Sasquatch:  

These things are a fucking joke.

Reminds me of college.
  14.  permalink
    Okay. So the Intel Rep at Fry's came up to me today about how it is possible for Fry's associates to sign up for Intel I7 Bundles. I thought you couldn't anymore.  

Maybe there is something special?Why is there an S in Lisp?
  15.  permalink
    ^^^ take that guy to red carpet and have him show you. That guy sounds clueless. Our store had hand outs on some podiums for associates to get in on the big deal just a few weeks ago, wtf?
  16.  permalink
    Guest: ^^^ take that guy to red carpet and have him show you. That guy sounds clueless. Our store had hand outs on some podiums for associates to get in on the big deal just a few weeks ago, wtf?

Nah. That requires effort... and its a bit late. Happened almost 8 hours ago.  

Unless you have a Way Back Machine somewhere lying around.  

In any case, I asked the guy if he was sure and he said yeah. I usually trust the reps since they usually now what they are talking about. Usually.  

Oh! And AMD's is Retail Access.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    That Guy in Duluth:
    Guest: ^^^ take that guy to red carpet and have him show you. That guy sounds clueless. Our store had hand outs on some podiums for associates to get in on the big deal just a few weeks ago, wtf?

Nah. That requires effort... and its a bit late. Happened almost 8 hours ago.  

Unless you have a Way Back Machine somewhere lying around.  

In any case, I asked the guy if he was sure and he said yeah. I usually trust the reps since they usually now what they are talking about. Usually.  

Oh! And AMD's is Retail Access.

Here's your Way Back Machine...  

http://www.archive.orgHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Wow August marks my two year anniversary here.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009
    Wow, I joined a couple weeks before you. I could have sworn you were here when I got here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I seem to recall posting a a guest at first, but I can say that this profile was not created.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    this site looked really light looking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    You're just saying that because you have humongous pupils.
  17.  permalink
    I love to Office on the go. Maximum Productivity, indeed!http://www.frysblackfriday.com
  18.  permalink
    Hey guys, has anyone actually received a shipment notification of the Big Deal order (those that ordered before the cut-off time). It has already been over three weeks since I ordered and have received nothing along those lines. I better get it considering they charged my credit card the day I ordered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    http://www.fryssucks.com/showthread.php?t=1  

That's quite a busy forum you have there, sir.