Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorarkons123
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    I am thinking about working at Fry's just to get health benefits, are the benfits very good like 100% paid doctors visits and surgery like some companies, can you tell me about it? also is there part time benfits? or only full time. how many hours constitute enough for benfits.  
    thanks
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Frys Cutting Benefits
    Benefits for working at Frys
    What Happened To The Ex Benefits Manager & Kathy Kolder's Wrath!
    The Benefits of Working at Fry's?
    Post-employment benefits
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    arkons123: I am thinking about working at Fry's just to get health benefits, are the benfits very good like 100% paid doctors visits and surgery like some companies, can you tell me about it? also is there part time benfits? or only full time. how many hours constitute enough for benfits.  
    thanks

All i know is you have to be full-time. Ask Thadius, he could tell you.
  2.  permalink
    arkons123: I am thinking about working at Fry's just to get health benefits, are the benfits very good like 100% paid doctors visits and surgery like some companies, can you tell me about it? also is there part time benfits? or only full time. how many hours constitute enough for benfits.  
    thanks

The main benefits are fewer hours to keep your sanity and have time to look for a better job!!!!!!!!!
  3.  permalink
    Sasquatch:
    thanks

All i know is you have to be full-time. Ask Thadius, he could tell you.

No.  

Part Timers get Nationwide Health Insurance whereas Full Timers get Blue Cross Blue Shield of California Health Insurance. Dunno about the Dental part in regards to Part Timers, but for Full Timers, you have the choice of Delta Dental and something else.  

Eh, it really depends upon which plan you take because there is a Low Plan and a High Plan. I do know that the High Plan has pretty much a $20 co-pay with doctor visits and you don't have to pay for regular dental appointments such as cleanings and what not.  

In order to qualify for Full Time Benefits, you must work at minimum of 32 hours.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Hmm, I guess it's a California thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    arkons123: I am thinking about working at Fry's just to get health benefits

That's got to be the worst reason to work for Fried. Employee benefits and Fry's - that's an oxymoron...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    i heard the Italian mafia gets good dentalLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    yeah if you are in California they have Blue Shield. But it sucks. They use to have HMO with them but they cut that so how you have to choose from the high or low. Dental is still the same but not that great. Same with vison. I think they only knock of 20% for the visit and 20% glasses or contacts but not off both in the same year. You end up paying around 200 a month for just you and if you're married then around 550, but they take it out of your paycheck each week.  

If you really just want to get a job just for benefits then go into the military. Full time 100% full coverage on health and dental. Part time then you pay 140 it think a month for 100% coverage for you and the whole family where as with the fry's insurance goes up around 80 dollars a month for each dependant you have. I'm going into the military reserve which is the part time at the end of the year so I have been doing my homework. For the reserve you get the same pay and benefits as full time but you only work 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year. My husband and I are going to school and we want to start having kids so it will work out pretty well. Another plus is you don't have to deal with all the moving if you just do the reserves so we can stay right where we want.
  5.  permalink
    The part time medical insurance is bullshit, its like 10% of what a full medical insurance should cover. Also doesn't it take like 90 days till full timers insurance kicks in? At my last corporate job your insurance kicked in on the first day. Fuck Fry's.
  6.  permalink
    Guest: The part time medical insurance is bullshit, its like 10% of what a full medical insurance should cover. Also doesn't it take like 90 days till full timers insurance kicks in? At my last corporate job your insurance kicked in on the first day. Fuck Fry's.

That whole 90-day thing is actually normal for a lot of companies. It was for my previous job as a Law Librarian (At a Law School) and the job before as an IT Assistant.  

They don't want some random guy on the street to come in, get hired, get benefits immediately, get some crazy surgery, and then quit 15 days later.Why is there an S in Lisp?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    If you're in California job.. I'd recommend looking for some sort of union job in retail if you're just looking for a job with health benefits.. it may take some time for the benefits to become active.. but you'd pay like $10 a week in Union dues, but I was paying $18 a week at Fry's for health coverage.. it jumped up to $80 a week when I added my wife.. If i were to add my soon-to-be-son, it would have jumped to $115... Once I get benefits at my current job.. i'd only be paying $10 a week in Union dues and I'd have coverage for my wife, son and myself. Though the pay is less than what I was making at Fry's.. in the end, i get paid more because I dont have to pay so much for health coverage which I'd eventually need from the stress Fry's caused..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009 edited
    Fry's does have health benefits for part-time employees. You have to work 90 days before you can get benefits, and as for surgeries, i have no idea how much it would cover.  

All I know is that if you have a pre-existing condition and need insurance, then, ya, apply to Fry's. Their expectations are low, so you can get in and you would be accepted automatically for insurance, love open enrollment, where as with private insurance, good luck getting coverage.. So, if you needed the surgery in a few months, then you'd get a price cut on it...how much of a price cut, I don't know.
  7.  permalink
    I'm a former fry's employee and took the full ppo insurance cost about $22-26 each week from check.. I went to the hospital and got a bill for $24,000+ ended up only having to pay $1,100 after the insurance from fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    not bad but most people will end up paying about half of the $1100.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2009
    Wow, that's impressive.Superhero!
  8.  permalink
    i use to work at frys back in 1999 and had a 401k plan how do i find it and cash out it was the fry's electronic in palo alto ca
  9.  permalink
    @Guest 22951

You must be dumb as shit.
Add your comments