Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthordajinn
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009
    its now exactly one week from when i was interviewed and simultaneously told id be contacted if id get the job or not, my interview ended around 3:20 cst and was just curious if thats when they would probably call? i was also thinking of calling myself later and asking.  

thanks
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Unemployment Works for You!
    Class Action Lawsuit for Employment Hours
    Fry's doesn't like people collecting unemployment
    Seeking Employment @ Frys
    Is Frys forcing its employees to work 16 hr. shifts on Black Friday..?
  2.  permalink
    Ok.... First question, How many interviews did you have? If you had 3 interviews? And second were sent on the a drug test? If yes then you were pretty much hired. The only thing that could stop you from working at Fry's at this point would be if there was something wrong with your drug test. If your test was a week ago from today (Tuesday) then you should have gotten a call on Friday of last week to come in to start training on Monday which was yesterday. The only time Fry's will call you to let you know if you didn't get the job is if you failed your drug test, but sometimes you may not even get a call back for that either. Fry's doesn't call back if you didn't get a job there.
  3.  permalink
    Which store did you apply at btw?
    •  
      CommentAuthordajinn
    i only had one interview within 1 week...they told me theyd call me back a week later to tell me what was going on, and i applied to webster, texas
  4.  permalink
    dajinn: i only had one interview within 1 week...they told me theyd call me back a week later to tell me what was going on, and i applied to webster, texas

Yeah. Your not getting hired. Go look elsewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    And has it been a week?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthordajinn
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009 edited
    yes its been a complete week
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Usually that means that you did not get the job. Most employers do not call if you did not get it.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Hiring managers are just regular managers, most likely they just forgot. Give them a poke.
  5.  permalink
    If it was just one interview then it was with a Customer Service Sup. Sometimes you might have a Department Manager do the first and second interview but most the time its 3 interviews. First with the CSS then with the DM and finally the ASM or SM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    all my interviews wer inside of a half an hour then i was hired to start the next day.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    I do third interviews every week. If I tell you that we will call you back, then that means we are not going to hire you. I generally say, "we will review your application, and if we feel you meet our needs, we will give you a call back." I do this instead of straight up telling you no, because it avoids unneccesary confrontation. Everyone does this when interviewing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Guest: I do third interviews every week. If I tell you that we will call you back, then that means we are not going to hire you. I generally say, "we will review your application, and if we feel you meet our needs, we will give you a call back." I do this instead of straight up telling you no, because it avoids unneccesary confrontation. Everyone does this when interviewing.

Someone's really got to be fucked up not to hire them.. So what are the reasons why you reject a potential employee?
    •  
      CommentAuthordajinn
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2009 edited
    hmmm
  7.  permalink
    Yes, I remember you. We try not to hire associates that are avid gamers, as they tend to lead unhealthy lifestyles, both mentally and physically.

Plus, you seemed unmotivated to be one of the Fry's family, you came off as kind of desperate. Next time, wear a shirt from somewhere other than Wal-Mart when you're applying for employment.

TK
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Guest: you seemed unmotivated to be one of the Fry's family, you came off as kind of desperate  
    TK

Aren't those two qualities you find in every Fry's employee?
    •  
      CommentAuthordajinn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited
    ahhh
  8.  permalink
    "I do third interviews every week."

Great reading comprehension btw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I say Guest is full of shit.Superhero!
  9.  permalink
    You'd be right, AyaHu.

Amazing how gullible kids are.
    •  
      CommentAuthordajinn
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited
    geez don't tug on my weiner like that, you'll hurt my feelings
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    It was a highly amusing reaction nonetheless.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    The gamers I know have no focus in life other than winning at a video game. In the end nothing comes out of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    dajinn - consider it a blessing that Fried didn't call you back. That gives you the opportunity to interview elsewhere and find a better job.  

Having been a part of the team that handled their risk management/insurance, unmotivated describes the entire Fry's management philosophy. Or perhaps....

underachiever.gif
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf: The gamers I know have no focus in life other than winning at a video game. In the end nothing comes out of it.

•  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    What is that from?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    I linked it from this site:  
    http://www.mavav.org/2006/11/  
    But originally it was on a website worth visiting. I forget which one.
    •  
      CommentAuthormyep
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2009
    Actually I was the "guest" who posted that I do third interviews.....I haven't posted since, but its funny that someone posted an answer as if they were me. Suzukiman can vouch that I do third interviews every week....I am a cust. service manager.  

As for who we don't let through...After the first interviews, 40 to 50 percent of the candidates get through. Once they get to me, they are decent candidates because there are two people vouching for them.  

Here are the reasons we don't send them through.....schedule restrictions, unexplained gaps in work history, communication problems (hahaha, seems unlikely but yes), and I will even send them home if they are wearing shorts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Sasquatch: I linked it from this site:  

Sasquatch: I linked it from this site:  

I saw it on Digg before..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2009
    Me too, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    gossipgirl025: If it was just one interview then it was with a Customer Service Sup. Sometimes you might have a Department Manager do the first and second interview but most the time its 3 interviews. First with the CSS then with the DM and finally the ASM or SM.

Man, I must really have made a good impression, then. I got one interview with the dept manager and hired two days later. Am I the only one who did not have 2 or 3 interviews?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2009
    I had three interviews, thankfully in the span of a few hours.
  10.  permalink
    ya i had 1 interview and was supposed to come back in a few hours for the other 2 but asm had a dentist appointment. wtf? why did they have me wait forever if it was a scheduled appt? well anyway fuck frys. get high
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2009
    Guest:in a few hours for the other 2 but asm had a dentist appointment.

They both had dentist appointments? Methinks you were rejected. Oh, sorry, I have to give my cat a bath that night.
  11.  permalink
    just came back from fry's electronics and i had the first interview at 12:00 and got the 2 interview on that same day? what dose it mean if they say they well call me back later today to tomarrow is that a hired for me?
  12.  permalink
    or is that no?
  13.  permalink
    means you are fucking stupid if you don't know if you got the job or not.
  14.  permalink
    Guest: just came back from fry's electronics and i had the first interview at 12:00 and got the 2 interview on that same day? what dose it mean if they say they well call me back later today to tomarrow is that a hired for me?

Did you take your piss test yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010
    Frys Piss Test: Fill container to middle line, hand to supervisor doing interview. Interviewer takes a swig, swishes it around a few times....if he spits, your not getting the job. If he swallows, you will get the job, and have an excellent chance at management. (helpful hint: Don't eat asparagus before piss test) :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    skullywag: Frys Piss Test: Fill container to middle line, hand to supervisor doing interview. Interviewer takes a swig, swishes it around a few times....if he spits, your not getting the job. If he swallows, you will get the job, and have an excellent chance at management. (helpful hint: Don't eat asparagus before piss test) :face-devil-grin:

helpful hint: Don't eat poppy seeds before piss test