Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2007
    As many of you know its been really hot especially here in California and we are experiencing a heat wave. The California Power ISO has issued a Flex alert for California requesting consumers and buisnesses to conserve power to avoid any potential blackouts and power outages. Fry's electronics has decided to participate in this flex alert by turning off half of its 1000w light bulbs it has. LOL. Can you belive that the giant light bulbs Fry's has use 1000 watts each. Why don't they have florecnt lighting like walmart and 711 imagine how much electricity that would save and how much money that would save. Here is my breakdown of how much electricity Fry's uses: 1000watt light bulbs x 300 (Estimate) 300000 watts an hour, All Fry's POS Monitors and Computers 500 Watts for Monitor and Computer x 100 computers = 50000 watts an hour. Plus all the demos Fry's has on all day including Desktop PC's and TV's and AC demos! Fry's is a big giant Watt Hording place! I wonder what their Electricity Bill is? Anyone else care to elaborate on Fry's Electricity usage?  

http://www.caiso.com/outlook/SystemStatus.htmlFry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    wow this is crazy. To bad I don't live in california.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Temperture today was 99 degrees. Fry's also has the AC on full blast inside I bet you that shit uses about 10,000 watts atleast.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
  1.  permalink
    Damn guess Frys should help out and just turn all the lights off huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    As far as I've seen, Wal-mart uses halogen also.
  2.  permalink
    Nahh they should all just turn the lights off during the day and walk around with flashlights n shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    Doesnt walmart has sunroofs?Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2007 edited
    I'll shop for computers at a flea market. I prefer to be outdoors.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    dean:Doesnt walmart has sunroofs?

Some of the new "green" Wal-marts do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    Oh the outdoorsy walmarts.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2007
    What would happen if there was a power outage... wouldn't customers panic and steal stuff and run out the emergency exit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2007
    Probably. We kick everyone out when it happens.