Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorugetit
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009
    I love Fry's, but I can't find anything like it here in NJ. :face-crying: Does anyone here know of another store that's close? People here want to direct me to Office Depot or Staples and I'm convinced they've never been in a store like Fry's in their life! If I want a replacement video card, it was nice to take a trip to Fry's and choose between different models from Nvidea and ATI. Any help would be great!
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Avoid anything with a Fry's white tag
    How to help older customers who don't know anything about a product
    Ask me anything you want about the Service Department
    Ask me anything you want about the Loss Prevention Department.
    I'm a manager, ask me anything!
  2.  permalink
    I can't really think of anything like Fry's on the East Coast. Your best possible solution is to go to a mom and pop repair place and ask.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    urm...how 'bout the Mafia?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    A better choice would be an online retailer like Newegg.com or another reputable seller. Beyond that, perhaps Best Buy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Google.
    •  
      CommentAuthorugetit
    I know I can order things on line, but I enjoy walking the aisles at Frys. There's nothing like the "see, touch, feel" of buying electronics, particular the piece parts - power supplies, motherboards, etc. Besides, you just can't beat Fry's prices! I almost died when I needed a new cable for my SATA drive and had to pay almost $25 @ Office Depot. Oh well. I make trips to DFW, ATL, and Indy for business and family, so I'll have to make sure to stop and visit then. I'm new to the tri-state area and thought I'd ask.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    25 ouch
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    You like walking the aisles at Fried? My last venture (to the NW Houston store) was spent avoiding all the stuff they had piled in their aisles (aka trip and fall hazards) trying to find a particular computer cable that was actually kept elsewhere (components if I recall). Then I caught a glimpse of their "book" section. Nothing in order or where it should be. Sorry, Sas, but...the book section at your store is a mess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    It may well be.
  3.  permalink
    You didn't mention what part of NJ you live in, but there is a MicroCenter out in NJ:  

http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/north_jersey.html  

I realize that it isn't the same thing, but it is a way better place to buy electronics than a Staples or an Office Depot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 7400
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2017
    That "mafia" comment was not too far off the mark. Not sure if poster actually knows that they have been accused of having ties to the underworld (mafia) syndicate crime.

Be that as it may, they are for sure of doing at least one nefarious thing as common practice:
    If a returned item can be re-sealed without it being obvious to consumer, they do so and put it back on shelf and sell as new.
    (you can test this for yourself if you doubt it, open something with an sharp knife and make a clean opening. Mark box somewhere... return merchandise.. within 24 hours you will
    see it back on the shelf for full price.

They do not care if items have been used, broken etc... as long as it can be resealed.

So, caveat emptor!
Add your comments