Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnon21871
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009 edited
    So I recently heard from my former DM that apparently, the sales people are going to be commission only. No more hourly wage. I also heard that there was going to be some 6 strikes your out tactic.  

Basically if you don't make your numbers you get an X for that week. 6 X's and you're fired.  

What do you think? Is this True?
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Dropping Commission Only for Salespeople
    Computer sales people work on commission only?
    So.. Components will be going commission only in Q4 2011...
    The Draw and Commission only people
    More Commission Busting Sales Tips for Customers
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoshua
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2009
    If you aren't hitting your sales, why work a only commission based pay position?
  2.  permalink
    The commision people is true but they won't be able to do that because it's because like becoming an independent contractor. You basically paid to do sell and nothing else. So the accessory guys are the ones stocking everything now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2009
    SDCherryPicker: The commision people is true but they won't be able to do that because it's because like becoming an independent contractor. You basically paid to do sell and nothing else. So the accessory guys are the ones stocking everything now.

Good point. No closing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiriko
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    SDCherryPicker: The commision people is true but they won't be able to do that because it's because like becoming an independent contractor. You basically paid to do sell and nothing else. So the accessory guys are the ones stocking everything now.

Except for Software, we still will have to put our own stock away cause our commissions are calculated into our hourly pay for the next quarter, unless they plan on changing that too. Now unless they increase the commission rates on items, I can see a mass exodus from the other department to Software or to other companies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    yeah store30 is saposed to be trying it first i think this coming week 4m what i was told (renton) idk...the way comisions are droping and slow down of people in the store. not gonna be lookin so good. were gonna be ona "draw" syestem, so no matter what u will get paid "300" or something, if u dont make the numbers, frys makes it up 2 you but thats why if u dont make it after a few weeks ur gone. me as a sales men dont like this. i get taxed up the ass for making to much a week allready as it is. nice that we wont open or close or stick shit but... idk shit doesnt pay anymore. time to go look 4 a new job!!!! :face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009
    ANY WORD ON THIS YET?
  3.  permalink
    I heard it won't be until the new year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    so is this the same draw system as before?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    asdf: so is this the same draw system as before?

um kinda but yet NO hourly :face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009
    FrysDept1:

How is this legal? Are you on a salary?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    asdf:
    FrysDept1:

How is this legal? Are you on a salary?

um as i exsplaned in my 1st post, its a draw with no hourly so u will allways get paid a certen about to make up 4 no hourly but if u dont make up the commision they ur out!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    So you get the equivalent of 8$ an hour but need to make up for it in commissions, such as make 12$ an hour in comissions, or its a draw and you draw for so many weeks and you get fired? or?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009 edited
    why not just skip the draw out. Just work the level that is reasonable to yourself. Also a portion of commission won't be taken out to pay slackers. and everyone has full earning potential.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AyaHu: So you get the equivalent of 8$ an hour but need to make up for it in commissions, such as make 12$ an hour in comissions, or its a draw and you draw for so many weeks and you get fired? or?

Pretty much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    asdf: why not just skip the draw out. Just work the level that is reasonable to yourself. Also a portion of commission won't be taken out to pay slackers. and everyone has full earning potential.

You have to be kind of retarded not to make draw.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009
    they have to have the draw so that they can still make us stay when there no one there, cuz then were still being paid an "hourly" even thou were not. so basicly its so they can still have some sort of control on the salesmen. sence we hardly listen now. think about when theres no hourly! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorrentonD2
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009
    I am computer sales in store 30 and yes it is now commission only. We were told that hourly would be dropped and they would boost commission on accessories and other high gp items. we all walked in on labor day and pulled comm reports on some items and low and behold they had slashed commissions by almost half. the entire sales team went in backstock and refused to sell for the first 2-3 hours of the day. management was begging us to come back. we eventually did being promised that comm would increase.  

nothing yet.  

Fry's hates me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009
    rentonD2: I am computer sales in store 30 and yes it is now commission only. We were told that hourly would be dropped and they would boost commission on accessories and other high gp items. we all walked in on labor day and pulled comm reports on some items and low and behold they had slashed commissions by almost half. the entire sales team went in backstock and refused to sell for the first 2-3 hours of the day. management was begging us to come back. we eventually did being promised that comm would increase.  

nothing yet.  

Fry's hates me.

I commend your gumption, sir.
  4.  permalink
    we eventually did being promised that comm would increase.  

nothing yet.  

And you believed them? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.  

If Fry's is no longer paying people hourly than they no longer have "employees" they have contractors. You should just have to sign in and sign out and come and go as you please. Also since you're now a contractor there's no federal withholding in your checks and you now are a 1099 status and pay your own taxes. But I'm sure the Fry's management (as usual) hadn't thought this through and it's gonna be a giant clusterfuck. But hey as long as Randy makes enough to get fuel for the 747 to get to the private island it's all good right? :face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    Did you read the top of this thread? They are paying them hourly on draw, like many retail venues, yes they are employees.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I am in Virginia right now. There is lots and lots of trees and nice fancy houses too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Go visit Jefferson's grave, to see if you can hear him spinning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    rentonD2: I am computer sales in store 30 and yes it is now commission only. We were told that hourly would be dropped and they would boost commission on accessories and other high gp items. we all walked in on labor day and pulled comm reports on some items and low and behold they had slashed commissions by almost half. the entire sales team went in backstock and refused to sell for the first 2-3 hours of the day. management was begging us to come back. we eventually did being promised that comm would increase.  

nothing yet.  

Fry's hates me.

wow...really?...hum didnt ur guys hourly in the state just go way up? herd it mighta been cuz of that they picked to change the way were paid...but if this is true and its gonna be like that.....new job time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
    FrysDept1:

nothing yet.  

Fry's hates me.

wow...really?...hum didnt ur guys hourly in the state just go way up? herd it mighta been cuz of that they picked to change the way were paid...but if this is true and its gonna be like that.....new job time!

Some states like California allow for salaries less than minimum wage.
  5.  permalink
    i work in the computers dept. as sales and this news sucks. think about it people..it's like having a huge pay cut! instead of giving us raises..and always think of way to take our money away. ..i say we should get together n go on strike......we shoudl speak up because it's unfair. 8 dollars and hour plus commission......and they've been cutting and cutting our commission down to almost nothing now. and nowww they're gonna go ahead and take our 8 bucks per hour away too? ..i dont know about you guys but for me....that's unethical ...we gotta eat and live too..not just them... ..what about those of us that have a family to feed...... it's like they're forcing us to become crooks and force our customer in buying something else which they dont need so that fry's will make money...or else we make no money? so basically working for free...?... .........idk but we should all get together and do something about this... 8 dollars pay cut..........and most of us are sitting there doing nothing about it.......think people..think...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2009
    No way guest. They will double your commission so you make about the same you did before. Your going to make double the commission thats so awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    You know what else is fucked up? I learned they take away your commission when they do a LPG. If the item goes on sale after you made the sale, and the customer comes back within a month to match it, they take the original commission and give you the sale commission. Needless to say the sale commission is a buck or two, if anything. No damn respect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Having worked in the financial services industry for the first half of my career, I watched as a number of insurance brokerages tried to pull this trick. In one case, three quarters of the staff walked out, never to return. It will force the salespeople to try and upsell, even when its not to the customer's benefit. It sounds like the Fry's boys are putting the usual spin on it how it's "so much better" for the salesperson. But...they're using it as a tactic to cut expenses (i.e. payroll).  

My recommenation - walk. Seriously, walk away never to return. Find a real job elsewhere.  

As I've said before, there's a reason I'd rather shop at Best Buy. No pressure by their staff to buy something, their staff is usually friendly and knowledgable, and I don't feel like I've been groped or need to take a shower after going there (like I do with Fry's).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    asdf: No way guest. They will double your commission so you make about the same you did before. Your going to make double the commission thats so awesome.

lol have fun dreaming about those doubled commissions.. not going to happen... :P Talked to some of my old co-workers and they are on commission only and nothing has changed except for that they are not making $8 hr on top of their commission... so they are making less now..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    someone:
    asdf: No way guest. They will double your commission so you make about the same you did before. Your going to make double the commission thats so awesome.

lol have fun dreaming about those doubled commissions.. not going to happen... :P Talked to some of my old co-workers and they are on commission only and nothing has changed except for that they are not making $8 hr on top of their commission... so they are making less now..

Taking a 50% paycut is no way to live. I don't believe you. They are doubling commissions to make up for lost wages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    any one 4m store 30 renton can u guys confirm any of these questions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    asdf:
    someone:

lol have fun dreaming about those doubled commissions.. not going to happen... :P Talked to some of my old co-workers and they are on commission only and nothing has changed except for that they are not making $8 hr on top of their commission... so they are making less now..

Taking a 50% paycut is no way to live. I don't believe you. They are doubling commissions to make up for lost wages.

You forgot /s.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    hah I am soooooo glad for my IT jobs yes that was an s I am actively working for 3 companies as webmaster.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Are you a contractor? it is possible to work you way into being a full-time contractor and get paid $500 a month from each company for very few hours a month. You line up 20 of these jobs and your on your way to making $10k a month. If they want parts you tack on your 10%.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    im a contractor at 750 a week hoping to go full time and do 1500 a week. I have 5 other companies I am setting up with an interesting pay structure as they need it but don't have the funding yet as they are startups so it starts as commissions through a referral site then full time pay at 4k+ a month. It's alot better making 10k with 3 clients then working at 500 a month and busting your but for 20 companies working 48 hours a day and 8 days a week.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnon21871
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    I do not like the way this new system is going. Is there anyway to get demoted down to accessory sales or telesales. I KNOW I will not succeed on this new path of commission only. I do not want to get fired for this bullshit. :face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    so do you have base pay WTFury?
  6.  permalink
    we need ppl from renton to let us know whats up.. did they pick up the commsion? are they still doing pallets and go backs and closing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnon21871
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    I do.. which is 8 bucks an hour. I'll be quite honest. I'll gladly go back to being paid that and work my way up into telesales when the Alternative is getting fired for sucking at sales.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009 edited
    It use to be minimum wage "$8/hr PLUS commission".  

Now its "$8/hr OR commission, which ever is greater."  

And there is no draw so you owe the company nothing if you do not produce. That is so awesome!!! I'm so excited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    The reason they are making less is because it is a "tesT" and they are going to raise the commissions right when they determine whether the 'test' is successful, which means more money for you. However, Arizona is not part of the 'test' and in order to keep things even they make the same commission as normal, but the company claims they will increase it.  

Thats what I heard.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Your right they need to figure out how much profit is worth keeping.  

And the optimal amount to pay salesmen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    asdf: Your right they need to figure out how much profit is worth keeping.  

And the optimal amount to pay salesmen.

This is Fry's you are talking about... I have my doubts that they will raise it when they see salespeople selling stuff, making less, making Fry's more... This is the same company that would reduce commissions, tell you they were redirected to other products, say that commission is direction... and yet did not tell you what products these commissions went to... and of course you can spend all day looking for this "magically" commission that wasn't there.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrysDept1
    all the ddm's were at my store recently, said only dept 2 and 5 are going to change, and i think appliance as well... dept1 and stuff the value and gp of products it too low to change them....but will no longer get paid on any ad items
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    AyaHu.  

Wow. You seem to have the most intelligence on this site.  

Still I am sure you can find a better looking guy than in your pix.  

I am kidding, You seem like a great girl.  

Store ? ex employee
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    Phag ^  

Anyways, I'm not to sure on this commission only thing but Im going to try it out. Im surviving just fine with my 32 hours a week and 2k a month in paychecks after taxes. If I'm making less than 1500 after this new payroll I will probably have to pack my bags and find another job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Stillborne: Phag ^  

Anyways, I'm not to sure on this commission only thing but Im going to try it out. Im surviving just fine with my 32 hours a week and 2k a month in paychecks after taxes. If I'm making less than 1500 after this new payroll I will probably have to pack my bags and find another job.

"pack my bags" lol you live at frys now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    FrenchyFry: AyaHu.  

Wow. You seem to have the most intelligence on this site.  

Still I am sure you can find a better looking guy than in your pix.  

I am kidding, You seem like a great girl.  

Store ? ex employee

What the crap does this mean? Should I be looking out for my own safety?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStillborne
    asdf:
    Stillborne: Phag ^  

"pack my bags" lol you live at frys now?

haha