Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwasddead
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    Well after 5 long years with Frys, I was fired today. I started in LP as a courtesy associate, moved to computer sales, became a computer sales supervisor and ended up as a service supervisor. I was the longest English speaking associate at my store. I went through 12 DMs, 4 store managers, and 3 asms. All and all I'm glad I'm gone but I want to make sure I get my unemployment. So I'm asking for everyone on this forum to give me pointers on how I can obtain my unemployment without Frys trying to stop me. I was put on 5 days on Wednesday August 19, 2009 at 18:39. I was told by the SM to return on August 24 at 13:00. I have heard before that I'm sup post to call the PIC everyday to report if they need me for work. Reason is, because Frys can claim that you walked out and quit. I was scheduled to work on Friday August 21 and Sunday August 23. So if you look at my schedule you can see that Frys can't even claim I missed three days of work and have them claim I NCNS for three days.  
    I post this not because I want my job back. I just want to make sure I get my unemployment, if you go to the operations page, there is a page about how Frys handles unemployment. They try to stop it. Just go to operations page/all policies alphabetically/ ctrl+f and type unemployment and you will find it. I'm not going into the reason I was put on five days. It really doesn't matter, they wanted me out. All I had to do was sneeze and I was out. I have seen too many tricks Frys has played on associates that were fired where they got them to VQ, said they VQ or tricked the associate into VQing.  

I'm calling on all ex-associates to help me get that last nickle out of a company that took my blood,sweat, and tears. Then gave me back nothing...  
    I'm not playing guess who, or why he was fired. So here is a link to my myspace, where my identity and my 5 day paper await your viewing pleasure. I have watched this forum for years but had little to say. I ask now for your help. I guess I'm really "Ready" to leave Frys, just need some help getting every last nickle.  

Order of positions held  
    Loss Prevention - Courtesy Associate  
    left for computer sales for better pay  
    Computers - Computer Sales  
    became a supervisor because the DM was actually a good guy  
    Computers - Accessory Sales Supervisor  
    To explain why I ended up in Service is a long one. I was going to become a buyer for the computer department, my DDM was trying to get me there but my store manager did not like me. So my DDM was going to transfer me to another store and then move me to a buyer position in the computer department. My store manager never signed my PCR because I wouldn't bend over for him. I would do my job better than anyone in the company but I just wouldn't take any of his BS. So he never signed my PCR, the Omar thing happened and I got stuck as Sup3 in Computers. No buyers job, to add to that. I was so ready to leave my DDM instated two Sup3's in our department for months. Well since Frys didn't want to pay for both of us, my store manager moved me to service and totally f$%#ed me!  
    Service - Technician Supervisor 2  
    Put on 5 days suspension  

www.myspace.com/wasdavedeadhttp://twitter.com/Lindowtosh
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Unemployment denied after getting fired?
    Unemployment Works for You!
    Fry's doesn't like people collecting unemployment
    My Fry's Electronics Inc Unemployment Claim was DENIED
    Fry's and Unemployment in the State of Texas
    •  
      CommentAuthorwasddead
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    First, I don't work for Fry's, but I've been through this before. Having said that, the first step is to apply for unemployment. There's really no way to prevent Fry's from saying something adverse to the unemployment office as to why you shouldn't get unemployment benefits. However, the key is to make sure that you have all of your information to prove that you deserve unemployment. i.e. past positive reviews, document thi history of turnover, etc. If you're denied benefits, file an appeal and show up, with as much of the above info as possible. Most of the time, employers don't show up to contest your appeal. If they do, don't get intimidated, don't yell, don't tell them they suck. Just give them your side of the story.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    I don't see anything related on your myspace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    Sasquatch: I don't see anything related on your myspace.

He just wants some friends :O You gotta have friends.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    "If you don't, then your stocking people online! "  

No bonus points there. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthormyep
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    Listen. California law says that if a company is going to fire you, then they need to give you your final paycheck right then and there along with some information on unemployment.  

Instead of begin fired outright, associates are put on five day suspensions for two reasons.  
    #1. Kathy Kolder has the final say in all terminations. So once you are placed on suspension, your paperwork is filed and then reviewed by home office to make sure that the termination would be legit. I have seen 5 days get reversed a few times.  
    #2. It gives home office 5 days to process your paperwork and print out your final check, so that they can hand it to you on your 5th day.  

Even though you "know" what a 5 day means, Fry's HAS NOT fired you yet. You are scheduled to work on the 24th so that they can fire you then. If you do not show up on the 24th, then they will file your paperwork 3 days later for not showing up for 3 days and consider it that you quit.  

The first and best thing that you can do to get your unemployment is show up READY TO WORK on the 24th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    You go to the labor board and give them a list of illegal labor practices you have been involved in. Your settlement can land you unemployment.
  2.  permalink
    Did you go back on the 24th? If you didn't then that's considered a VQ. Fry's does give you unemployment info if you are really truely fired. If you don't show up then you don't get that info. I've never had to deal with unemployment but my taking of it is that if you quit voluntarily then you don't qualify. But I could be wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    Yes, he did.
  3.  permalink
    I know someone who was given the 5 day suspension recently. He was not told to call the PIC every day to see if he was needed, only that he had to come back on the 16th. There was no specific time given to come back in and there was no specific person to report to. He got no copies of his write-up or suspension notice.

Here he is a week later and after asking someone in audit about at least seeing his papers, he was told by another person in his former dept. that those papers said something different from what he had signed. Also, one of the papers had a different manager's name than the original. Of course theres no way to prove this since there were no copies given on the original dates, but how can someone stop this kind of thing from happening again?

Also, one other person in the same dept. was fired that same day. The guy I know was told that this person was tricked into it. Yet another person quit because she had heard that the same thing was going to happen to her.
  4.  permalink
    Sorry, I meant to say supervisor and not manager regarding the paperwork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2009
    If you're written up, the employer should give copies of whatever paperwork is involved. If they don't the employee definitely needs to request copies of these. It's the employees own fault for not requesting these at the time they were put on suspension.
  5.  permalink
    It's fry's. What do you expect? They look for more loop holes in situations then paparazzi look for celebrities.
  6.  permalink
    I figured. He just has to walk away having learned that not all employers have scruples.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    quit or get a 5-day suspension. thats how it works at frys. you rarely get fired.