Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2007
    I know their cleaning crew is but...how about their regular employees? Has anyone ever wondered this? 75% of Fry's Employees can't speak english or if they do they speak it very bad or with a heavy accent.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Fry's Electronics Hires A Monster To Check Your Reciept
    Why does Fry's Electronics think its above the law?
    Luckner vs. Fry's Electronics, Inc
    Boycott Fry's Electronics!
    WHERE THE FUNK IS FRY'S ELECTRONICS W2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgreencard
    ...Maybe Fry's imports their employees to save on labor!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Some of the people they hire baffle me. But I'd rather work with a know-nothing Spanish speaking hardworking wetback, than a lazy douche that just cares about rims, weed, and ho's. And usually they know nothing anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Fry's in my experience hires the most people who are from other counties or no nothing about their products.Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorflea
    Anyone know any other retail stores where they have employees that can barely speak english or know nothing about their product? I think it has to do with the fact Fry's is privately owner or else if they were public their stock would suck!Fry's is corrupt I am here to talk about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2007
    Why would the race or knowledge of employees affect stock price? We profit regardless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2007
    Sasquatch:Some of the people they hire baffle me. But I'd rather work with a know-nothing Spanish speaking hardworking wetback, than a lazy douche that just cares about rims, weed, and ho's. And usually they know nothing anyway.

Hear Hear!Superhero!
  2.  permalink
    Ok, have i, or have i not been saying that they hire any dirty fucker off the street.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPrincess
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2007
    Fry's hires anyone and everyone that is willing to work. These people that don't know english or products probably can't get a job anywhere else like Best Buys or Circuit City let alone at a LAW Firm right?. Why would an over-qualified person want to work for minimum wage? Fry's is truely an equal opportunity employer and I believe that actually has a lot to do with their success.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpinesal
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2007
    75% can't speak english? So I walkt into a frys with 100 empoyees, 75 of them can't speak english? Where do you get your numbers from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2007
    you need to learn inglish and mathematix, pinesoli am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2007
    pinesal:75% can't speak english? So I walkt into a frys with 100 empoyees, 75 of them can't speak english? Where do you get your numbers from?

Experience.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthormilh467
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2007
    AyaHu:
    pinesal:75% can't speak english? So I walkt into a frys with 100 empoyees, 75 of them can't speak english? Where do you get your numbers from?

Experience.

at what store? It's inverse here at industry city.  

When they looked at the applications here, and you mention that you speak multiple languages, you're instantly hired. And to answer the question on hand, i've seen some sliped through the drivers license / ID checkpoints. Depends what manager and which HR rep is hiring you i suppose.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPunkzilla
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2007
    Practically everyone at my store speaks English. To some it isn't their first language, but they speak English none the less.I shit trains, Now what?
  3.  permalink
    At Concord they have hired illegal aliens. I worked with this guy for a couple a months. They found out that he didn't have a green card and they fired him on the spot. They didn't even give him his last paycheck. What assholes.#24 Concord California, Computer Sales
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2007
    Hope he learned his lesson.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2007
    concord24topsalesmen:At Concord they have hired illegal aliens. I worked with this guy for a couple a months. They found out that he didn't have a green card and they fired him on the spot. They didn't even give him his last paycheck. What assholes.

Wow you have no grasp of law,they could have been in deep shit for hiring him and he must have lied his ass off to get a job there.  
    What a shithead HE is for misrepresenting himself and putting a huge company in jeopardizing an HUGE company and jeopardizing all of your jobs with it.  
    Remember how when you are filling out an application you sign the thing that says "I agree that all information represented in this application is true".Superhero!
  4.  permalink
    My experience coinsidantly paralells with those expressed; in being met by many non english speaking employees, who have poor hygiene. It is not uncommon, to see dirty wrinkled white shirts on employees who look too busy to help but are busy avoiding the customer. Others just stand there looking you up and down, when one approaches you, others will then come by. I am quite sure, Management does not check their working status. The question I ask,:face-monkey: Where is our National Security?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2007
    You tried way too hard. Fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfanboy
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008
    A couple of people don't speak very good english I wonder if they are here illegally. Is there any way to check? Whats the INS number? Can Fry's get in trouble?Out To Save The World From /\ FRY'S \/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008
    What are you a fan boy of? Playstation? Nintendo? Ham and cheese?
  5.  permalink
    Sasquatch:What are you a fan boy of? Playstation? Nintendo? Ham and cheese?

No. Hes a fan of Peanut Butter and Pickles sandwhiches.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    mary willms:My experience coinsidantly paralells with those expressed; in being met by many non english speaking employees, who have poor hygiene. It is not uncommon, to see dirty wrinkled white shirts on employees who look too busy to help but are busy avoiding the customer. Others just stand there looking you up and down, when one approaches you, others will then come by. I am quite sure, Management does not check their working status. The question I ask,:face-monkey: Where is our National Security?

omfg, "National Security?" you must be the typical dumb ass, conservative Christian, pure white bread American. At least what you are saying matches the profile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    asdf:
    mary willms:My experience coinsidantly paralells with those expressed; in being met by many non english speaking employees, who have poor hygiene. It is not uncommon, to see dirty wrinkled white shirts on employees who look too busy to help but are busy avoiding the customer. Others just stand there looking you up and down, when one approaches you, others will then come by. I am quite sure, Management does not check their working status. The question I ask,:face-monkey: Where is our National Security?

omfg, "National Security?" you must be the typical dumb ass, conservative Christian, pure white bread American. At least what you are saying matches the profile.

And must not live in a border state where the realities of border crossing and life over the border are closer to home.Superhero!
  6.  permalink
    The thing is, at least from my experience, Fry's outsources their late night cleaning to small outside companies. So technically if there are illegals working there; Fry's wouldn't be responsible for it.