Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTradesman
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    WARNING! BEFORE YOU BUY A GPS UNIT FOR YOUR CAR. MAKE SURE THAT THE MANUFACTURER WILL COVER BATTERY REPLACEMENT AFTER THE WARRENTY RUNS OUT. ((( TOMTOM GPS HARDWARE ))) IS NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SUPPORTED AFTER THE WARRENTY. NO HARDWARE MANUALS, NO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REPLACE THE BATTERY, JUST A MINOR DISCOUNT FOR A NEW PRODUCT. THEIR EXCUSE IS THAT THE PRODUCT IS MADE IN CHINA.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    HOW CAN I MAKE IN ROADS WITH FRY'S IN SELLING OUR PRODUCTS?
    Fry's Products
    Fry's Employees Lie About Making Commission On Products & Warranties
    Fry's Electronics uses Pirated Microsoft Products
    Advertised specials are mostly Fry's products
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    Same goes for most iPods. Though I think their warranty is 6 months.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    Tradesman: WARNING! BEFORE YOU BUY A GPS UNIT FOR YOUR CAR. MAKE SURE THAT THE MANUFACTURER WILL COVER BATTERY REPLACEMENT AFTER THE WARRENTY RUNS OUT. ((( TOMTOM GPS HARDWARE ))) IS NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SUPPORTED AFTER THE WARRENTY. NO HARDWARE MANUALS, NO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REPLACE THE BATTERY, JUST A MINOR DISCOUNT FOR A NEW PRODUCT. THEIR EXCUSE IS THAT THE PRODUCT IS MADE IN CHINA.

You know that TomTom GPS units are marketed by TOMTOM and not by Fry's, right? and you can get them at Best Buy, Costco, Target, Wal*Mart and even CVS Pharmacies... and anyways a lot of products will not cover battery under warranty including Ipods and laptops and many other products that include batteries, right?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  2.  permalink
    I think that relates to most of the products at Frys.
  3.  permalink
    I think that's with anything you buy. I had a similar incident with my hair straightener. Paid around 130 for one so it would last a long time. Nope...lasted a year, I checked the warrenty and it's only good for a year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    Batteries are never covered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009
    so what you do is market batteries from rented gps units.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: so what you do is market batteries from rented gps units.

All you do is swap out the battery from new gps units.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSpcghostII
    Really now???? You think it is up to Fry's, Best buys, or any other retailer to cover the battery in a unit they sold you? Think about it. Fry's didn't design the unit, nor did they make or produce the unit, why would they need to cover the unit? And if you look at most items that takes rechargeable batteries, the manufacture only covers the batter for 90 days after that your on your own. The battery is a consumable item just like the lights in you lamp.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    thats why you rent remove the battery and return the unit then you have a pile of extra batteries.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    Suzukiman: thats why you rent remove the battery and return the unit then you have a pile of extra batteries.

I'll be impressed when you do that with the Volt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    You should do it to the Volt you will get 640mpg lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    Is that out yet?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    Nah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    Too bad the the initial offering starts at $50k. The total cost to own cost more than gas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Rather have a lotus at that price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Oh, bb.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    asdf: Too bad the the initial offering starts at $50k. The total cost to own cost more than gas.

For a bit more i would rather own a Tesla. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 244 miles per charge, own as little as $1700/month  

http://www.teslamotors.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    Man, that is a good lookin car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009
    for much much less I would like to have my gasser econoline which should be ablt to beat the elise in a straight line it can also turn but with only a lapbelt that becomes kindof difficult the gforces tend to make you flop over.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    WTF?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009 edited
    Talk about a gas saver. I drove from San Diego to Las Vegas in a 2010 Honda Insight and got 51 MPG.  

And yes its 71 degrees in Las Vegas, its really nice weather this time of year. On the off-ramp of 15 and Flamingo Rd.  

•  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    Very nice, how fast were you driving?  
    How do you like the car? I was thinking about getting an Insight in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    gogetenkz: Very nice, how fast were you driving?  
    How do you like the car? I was thinking about getting an Insight in the future.

My average speed was 66 mph. If you are trying to save gas you will can get 40-50 mpg. If you drive like a normal driver you will get around 30-40 mpg. and if your an aggressive driver you will get about 25-30 mpg.  

The electric motor assists the 1.3-liter gas engine if it needs more horsepower, usually when you want to accelerate or the rpm goes up when climbing a mountain. Its like turbo.  

When you've stopped the engine also turns off and turn on instantly when you release the brakes.  

I like the car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    gasser econoline eat my exhaust.  

Actually the next project now that the econoline is finished is an electric suzuki samurai as electric is very good for offroading because the lower the rpm the higher the torque.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    I saw an F430 today... Sigh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
    ferrari ooooohhh aaaaahhh too common.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
    Yes, I drive around in those far too often to take any pleasure. Things are more prolific than Civics.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009 edited
    ROFLMAO ferraris are way too common there is only one of my vans built the way this one is on the face of the planet.  

Well how about a ferrari honda civic fs hatchback or the ferrari fs 599 fuoristrada suv to be exact http://www.worldcarfans.com/10710253306/speculation-ferrari-fs-599-fuoristrada-suv

9071025.002.1M.jpg
    Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009
    I could be jaded due to working in a race shop but I will pretend not to realize it.:face-monkey:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
    thats one ugly car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Suzukiman: ROFLMAO ferraris are way too common there is only one of my vans built the way this one is on the face of the planet.  

Well how about a ferrari honda civic fs hatchback or the ferrari fs 599 fuoristrada suv to be exact http://www.worldcarfans.com/10710253306/speculation-ferrari-fs-599-fuoristrada-suv

I do not approve.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    then how about a rolls royce-uv http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/A15F1FB98E4B52E3CA256F33001C83E2 putting all the es-clods to shame  

or how about the gutwrench car http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:TiKycfvK2GoJ:my.is/forums/f104/porsche-nascar-303908/+porsche+in+nascar&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us  

ok if you dont like the ferrari civic hatchback then how about the citrorarri bread van http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/2009/07/worlds-fastest-delivery-van.htmlLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Nascar Porsche? Sounds like a shotgun wedding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    well porsche was run back in the 50's on the nascar circuits. They did really well vs the big heavy us cars.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    Suzukiman: well porsche was run back in the 50's on the nascar circuits. They did really well vs the big heavy us cars.

Porsche is too snobby for Nascar now..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009
    Ariel Atom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    today everyone complains that nascar should go back to its roots because there is too many foriegn cars in it .... namely toyota ..... they dont realize that almost half the field back in the beginning of nascar through the 60's was mad up of forign cars like fiat Peugeot Porsche jaguar along with some obscure no longer made cars.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    Not to mention that Ford bought out Jaguar. They will never be the same again. My grandpa has one of the new ones and they suck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    but jaguar was never really good. I mean they were made by the british and we all know what that means.  

What actually sucks about it?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    I owned a Jag its a piece of shit. You really need two, half the year one is in the shop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2009
    yep but rather high priced for the maintinence but there is something to say about a quad cam 6.0 litre turbo v12Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    I know they were never really that great of a car to begin with, but the one my grandpa had before his new one ran ok, barely in the shop. But this new one, its always in the shop. Its suppose to be a V6 but accelerates like shit, my Toyota accelerates fast and smoother. But my grandpa is to attatched, I think to him its to closest thing he will ever get to a Rolls.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009
    that is why they made the v12 those accelerate like a v6 the v6 is more like a 3 cyl .... remember its the British way of doing cars. If you really work at their engines (redesign the damn things yourself) you can make them have some real power but they will break parts too easily.  

Also that is the first I have heard of a jag not always being fixed ....... I would seal it in a glass case and wear it to on a chain when you go to Vegas.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  7.  permalink
    You must have some muscle to carry a car around your neck plus a gas place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    builds strong bonesLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    so you drink a lot of milk then?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009
    meat and potatoes in a creamy milk broth then you can successfully carry a lucky car around your neck (rotating doors are tricky though I would practice with a BMW Isetta 300 or a Heinkel Kabine or maybe even a Peel P50 or Trident for the light weights)Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Attention Fry's customers. Would the owner of some bling please come to the front of the store? Your lights are on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    roflmao ....... wait the one with the large platinum chain??Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....