Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsmorris
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2009
    OK...do you got to be corrupt to become a manager or do you become corrupt because your a manager...i remember i was a good assco. then became a great Sup. but it all fell apart when i became a manager...i admit i was a corrupt manager. i let it get to my head..i just wanted to know if any other manager or even sup. or assco. felt this way
    •  
      CommentAuthorsmorris
    btw...not about me but managers in general..i know there are some good people out there that are mgrs. but then become corrupt..do you know of any? give examples...maybe this will help them change their ways..almost like a wakeup call for them so they know..
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    If you're asking if you have to be corrupt to be a manager at Fry's, that's one thing.  

In general, not all managers are corrupt to begin with. Many are able leaders. However, "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".  

When you say you were a "good associate" and "great supervisor", what specifically do you mean by "good" and "great"? And...what changed when you became a manager? Were you told to treat your subordinates differently? Did you view them as lower class?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsmorris
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    when i was a assoc. i worked hard kept to myself and did my job to the tee..when i was a sup. my crew respected me and i still worked hard i could honestly say i really did help cust. and fellow assoc. ..but when i was promoted i guess your right power corrupts...my ego got to big like i was untouchable...lookin back at it ...i wish i was still a sup. and never took the managers spot..
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009
    The question is, what cause you to change? If you figure that out, you can make the appropriate decisions to go the right direction.
  1.  permalink
    Yeah, you are the only one incharge of your future, who you are as a person and who you become in the future. That's the one thing I hate seeing is people that never take responsibiliy for their actions. To say a job made you corrupt is stupid. It's how you handle yourself in that kind of position that can make you corrupt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009
    You trade corruption for even more power and higher pay. Its how it works and its pretty sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 6223
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    i am i sophmore at a high school in texas and i have to do a report over unethical businesses and my partner and i chose Fry's Electronics. :)
  2.  permalink
    that is almost one of the stupidest things i ever heard. good luck failing. drop out now, save the people paying for your education some money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2009
    Guest: that is almost one of the stupidest things i ever heard. good luck failing. drop out now, save the people paying for your education some money.

Drop out so I can pay for your welfare.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Guest: i am i sophmore at a high school in texas and i have to do a report over unethical businesses and my partner and i chose Fry's Electronics. :)

What?Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    AyaHu:
    Guest: i am i sophmore at a high school in texas and i have to do a report over unethical businesses and my partner and i chose Fry's Electronics. :)

What?

What a snitch... he will be a great cop.
  3.  permalink
    The funny part is that he posted the same thing on another thread on here that I replied to. LOL.
  4.  permalink
    It's not easy being a Manager. Some people handle the stress and power,some not as well.
  5.  permalink
    There will be another new CSDM at store 15 in San Diego. Ours quit on monday. Bye Bye Brad
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 6223
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009
    why are you calling him a snitch. all he is doing is a report.
  6.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker: There will be another new CSDM at store 15 in San Diego. Ours quit on monday. Bye Bye Brad

OMG!!! Brad quit?!?! Why?
  7.  permalink
    gossipgirl025:
    SDCherryPicker: There will be another new CSDM at store 15 in San Diego. Ours quit on monday. Bye Bye Brad

Because he made some really stupid decsions and tried to turn our department into fountain valley. We are way busier than fountain valley. He just wasn't a very good manager. Im being completely honest. He's a nice guy. Just couldn't handle the situation. Now he is unemployed with a new baby.
  8.  permalink
    SDCherryPicker:
    gossipgirl025:

Because he made some really stupid decsions and tried to turn our department into fountain valley. We are way busier than fountain valley. He just wasn't a very good manager. Im being completely honest. He's a nice guy. Just couldn't handle the situation. Now he is unemployed with a new baby.

That sucks! I feel so bad for him. Fountain Valley was busy when I was there, especially on the weekends, the line would never go away. But maybe it was the fact that the size of the store and the customer traffic. Fountain Valley is a really small store. Plus all his previous experiance was in LP and loss prevention so that probably didn't help either.
  9.  permalink
    I heard he quit on accusations of sexual harrasment. The store manager was about to can him but he threw his badge in the trash and walked out. At least thats what I heard from a manager here at 25.
  10.  permalink
    particleman: I heard he quit on accusations of sexual harrasment. The store manager was about to can him but he threw his badge in the trash and walked out. At least thats what I heard from a manager here at 25.

Home office gave him a choice. Be fired or quit. It was more than sexual harrasment. A combo of alot of things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    Is life possible after Fry's? You lose so many years there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
    asdf: Is life possible after Fry's? You lose so many years there.

Sounds like a good reason not to start working at Fry's in the first place.
  11.  permalink
    Thats so retarded. It was probably some employee that had a vendetta against him. When I worked with him I never encountered any sign that he would be the type to sexually harrass anybody. I even spent time with him alone in his car, out and about orange county to go return some costumes to a costume shop and get stuff for the store and he never tried anything on me. Never said anything inappropiate or any of that kind of stuff. It's ridiculous that people would cry wolf on such a serious subject. It's really bad karma. A similar incident happened at 25 with a CS sup. He was and still is a really nice guy. But this whore got him fired for sexual harrassment. She was passing around the break room a naked picture of herself. Some how she turned the whole thing against him and got others to back her up.
  12.  permalink
    Sounds like the skinny foreign chick in PC might be up to that too. "Dating" a manager is just dumb, or, it might be extremely smart. If he just looks at her cross-eyed, EEOC'll jump to her aid and sue anything which walks within a 1 mile radius of the store. Your tax dollars at work!
  13.  permalink
    who is she dating?
  14.  permalink
    No information on that. I'm too new to know the management anyway. If she's smart, she picked a higher-up, regional or something. The EEOC loves to nail upper-level people and they mostly settle. Of course, it COULD BE love. Un huh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009
    Management is the dark side of being an employee at frys. its a whole another world.
  15.  permalink
    gossipgirl025: Thats so retarded. It was probably some employee that had a vendetta against him. When I worked with him I never encountered any sign that he would be the type to sexually harrass anybody. I even spent time with him alone in his car, out and about orange county to go return some costumes to a costume shop and get stuff for the store and he never tried anything on me. Never said anything inappropiate or any of that kind of stuff. It's ridiculous that people would cry wolf on such a serious subject. It's really bad karma. A similar incident happened at 25 with a CS sup. He was and still is a really nice guy. But this whore got him fired for sexual harrassment. She was passing around the break room a naked picture of herself. Some how she turned the whole thing against him and got others to back her up.

No Vendetta. The only sexual harrassment was problably after just rolling out of bed and telling the ladies he was finished without helping them off. He wasn't the best manager or person.
  16.  permalink
    store 15.man sounds like the same old shit. when i worked there. didn't this happen to the old av manager. i forgot his name. but i think i ran into him @ a bank? i think he works there?
  17.  permalink
    I work at 25 in CS and I cant remember what sup was fired over sexual harassment. Are you talking about Colon, or someone else? Please confirm.
  18.  permalink
    GossipGirl: In regards to your comment "It's so retarded", you need to read up on the EEOC's caseloads!  

I waited at a restaurant in San Diego a bit ago. It was a national chain doing pretty well. There were some 100 employees working out front about 75% of them women. At the "napkin folding" parties before shifts there was constant talk among many of the women about sexual harassment. It ranged from those discussing which (male) managers' hands roamed, to the other extreme. There were a number of women there whose philosophy was "Let them roam. I'll nail him with EEOC. Why work when you can get a settlement?" They actually worked out strategies right there in front of everyone. And apparently it was somewhat effective in a few cases. One at a time they would disappear from the work force but their co-conspirators were always giggling about them and nothing ever changed.  

So you have the extremes: Women who DID get harassed but chose to stay silent, and, those who set up the managers and profited by their conivings. BTW This was all done even while the national had strict guidelines and continuous employee classes on the subject.
  19.  permalink
    BTW I want to be clear I have no hard information that the skinny chick in 25's PC department is an EEOC-contender.  

Her fellow Fry's-droids say she is a big time player. Of course, you have to remember they are male, and many of them insist they have been out with her. My guess rather is many of them WISH they had gone out with her, but, that she probably IS a big time player. If she IS an EEOC-contender, and indications are she is targeting someone in management, then it will be an absolute treat to watch (close up). Perhaps she deserves her own thread as her story unfolds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBest Buy
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009
    smorris: i let it get to my head..

I love hearing about this at work. How does someone who works at frys let anything get to their head? It makes no sense to me.
  20.  permalink
    Guest: I work at 25 in CS and I cant remember what sup was fired over sexual harassment. Are you talking about Colon, or someone else? Please confirm.

This was way back in the day when I use to work there as a cashier. Like 05 or 06.
  21.  permalink
    JohnSanMarcos: GossipGirl: In regards to your comment "It's so retarded", you need to read up on the EEOC's caseloads!  

I waited at a restaurant in San Diego a bit ago. It was a national chain doing pretty well. There were some 100 employees working out front about 75% of them women. At the "napkin folding" parties before shifts there was constant talk among many of the women about sexual harassment. It ranged from those discussing which (male) managers' hands roamed, to the other extreme. There were a number of women there whose philosophy was "Let them roam. I'll nail him with EEOC. Why work when you can get a settlement?" They actually worked out strategies right there in front of everyone. And apparently it was somewhat effective in a few cases. One at a time they would disappear from the work force but their co-conspirators were always giggling about them and nothing ever changed.  

So you have the extremes: Women who DID get harassed but chose to stay silent, and, those who set up the managers and profited by their conivings. BTW This was all done even while the national had strict guidelines and continuous employee classes on the subject.

I know all about EEOC. I use to be coach for the longest time at frys and had to go through that stuff with new employees. The thing that's retarded to me is that there are so many fake girls are crying wolf about sexual harrassment. They don't know the seriousness of it. To me that's something you don't joke about or try to get someone fired for if that person didn't do anything. That's bad karma, so is saying you have to go to furneral when you really don't just so you could get out of work.
  22.  permalink
    GossipGirl:  

It's been a few years since I was waiting, so I don't know how EEOC leans now. Back then, it was always "pro-employee" so the company almost always had to settle. Your comment about women crying fake sexual harassment is right on. The women I worked with never gave a damn if the male manager got hosed, just if they got a settlement. Of course, those EEOC challenges are public record and any company with half a brain checks first before hiring.  

If a female employee dates a Fry's supervisor or management person, it just HAS to end badly (probably for both). It's just dumb.  

So is it an intentional EEOC scenario unfolding in 025 PCs, or just an accident? Only one woman knows!  

That makes this so much fun !
  23.  permalink
    LOL...Actually not all relationships end badly if someone is dating a sup or manager. Granted you do get shit about it from other employees, claiming that "favortism" is going on, but other then that I don't see why they have to end badly, or even end at all for that matter. It just depends on the people and how mature they take the situation.
  24.  permalink
    GossipGirl:  

You are a true romantic! But, IMHO, it is extremely unlikely a relationship between a manager and employee will die other than an ugly death. People are people. The chances that both of them would just, simultaneously, decide to break it off cleanly, is zero. That's the only way it could possibly end without gun play.  

The situation for Ms Skinny in 025 PC is probably different. If she is playing for an EEOC windfall, then it may end well FOR HER! Of course, she'll lose her job, but the settlement will make up for it. And it is tax free. In may not be quite as good for the manager she is doing.  

BTW Her co-Fry's-droids in PC say she is a Arizona transplant. If any of these rumors are true, I wonder if this is a second attempt or a first attempt. If AZ was her first try, and it got to EEOC, whatever the outcome, Fry's wouldn't have let her transfer, so we have to assume it was a failure if anything.  

Will she have better luck here in San Marcos? THAT is the question!  

(It just doesn't get any better than this, rumor wise!)
  25.  permalink
    Corn Gibsons, SM at Campbell. Fucker. Don't you see Henry??? He was an example for you. Asshole.
  26.  permalink
    Guest: Corn Gibsons, SM at Campbell. Fucker. Don't you see Henry??? He was an example for you. Asshole.

???
  27.  permalink
    JohnSanMarcos: GossipGirl:  

You are a true romantic! But, IMHO, it is extremely unlikely a relationship between a manager and employee will die other than an ugly death. People are people. The chances that both of them would just, simultaneously, decide to break it off cleanly, is zero. That's the only way it could possibly end without gun play.  

The situation for Ms Skinny in 025 PC is probably different. If she is playing for an EEOC windfall, then it may end well FOR HER! Of course, she'll lose her job, but the settlement will make up for it. And it is tax free. In may not be quite as good for the manager she is doing.  

BTW Her co-Fry's-droids in PC say she is a Arizona transplant. If any of these rumors are true, I wonder if this is a second attempt or a first attempt. If AZ was her first try, and it got to EEOC, whatever the outcome, Fry's wouldn't have let her transfer, so we have to assume it was a failure if anything.  

Will she have better luck here in San Marcos? THAT is the question!  

(It just doesn't get any better than this, rumor wise!)

Actually there have been relationships in that very store that have been broken off without any drama in the work place. And there is another aspect that I mentioned earlier, who says it has to end? Kinda corny but I believe you can find love anywhere, even at frys.
  28.  permalink
    GossipGirl:  

No relationship "ends" well. People have egos. If it is good enough to "end well", then better it "go on". The difference is viewed by the participants. They rarely reach the end together. Mostly, one of them breaks it off before the other wants to. So, for the other, it is a bad ending.  

Of course, as you point out, there doesn't have to be drama per se. It's all about the maturity level of the players. You can also say that, sometimes, the sex ends but the relationship continues. That's good, but, by definition, that relationship has not ended.  

The concept of a relationship between management and employee is almost always a problem. That's why it is forbidden (or, discourage, generally meaning the same thing) in most large companies, at least for those in the direct line of command. Out of the line, it can work, although the row-to-hoe is going to be very tough on both.  

The best thing is to avoid it. Maybe, as you say, it will turn out well. And maybe it will last. But maybe it will be a catastrophe for one or both, career-wise and emotionally. If it is really a good relationship, one of the parties should change jobs. The relationship should trump the minor inconvenience of a job change.  

As for finding love at Fry's, I'm too new there to know.  

As for the skinny player in PC sales at 025, if that's her game, it probably won't end badly (for her). She may win, or she may draw, but she won't lose. The problem will be that her fellow employees will lose.  

Still, it's every man for himself nowadays I guess.
  29.  permalink
    Well I have had relationships that ended pretty well. Just one of those relationships where we just realized we did love each other but weren't in love anymore. We are still good friends to. We were together for a long time, since high school actually. Then he got me the job at frys. He quit and a few months later we broke up. You would think there would be a bad break up but no. We are still friends.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    I can't imagine transitioning from a serious relationship to friendship.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    Sasquatch: I can't imagine transitioning from a serious relationship to friendship.

It always leads to friends with benefits.
  30.  permalink
    Benefits Service Department Manager KATHY YEOUMANS don't know shit. She replace Yvette and Karen she came to the department knowing nothing about Human resources. Once you call her up and ask a question regarding Benefits she will put you hold on while your waiting on the phone she will ask her employees ... she doesn't work in Benefit all the work she should be doing, she gave it to all her employees then she's the one who takes the credits. She leaves the department for long period of time just to talk to her Buddy in the Componet Department where she came from why don't she just go back there she spends most of her time there anyway!!! She loves to get rid of peoples that talked back to her regarding work if the person tell how it's done she will not listen it's always her way or no way. She is a hates color people often time she call them stupid for not knowing how to talk english on the phone....not only employees even SM And ASM Manager. well add more if you have witness her bad behavior like we did. We should not have a person like this working for Benefits.
  31.  permalink
    GossipGirl,  

Your relationship with your friend did not end. It just changed. You are now friends. My contention is that relationships all END badly. That is, if they end, it is always badly, if more so for one side than the other. Q.E.D. by your own relationship.  

BTW That's not all bad. The whole idea is that a relationship must change as the underlying personalities change. That's a requirement of relationships. If they do not change, they stagnate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLiana Mei
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2010
    gossipgirl025: Thats so retarded. It was probably some employee that had a vendetta against him. When I worked with him I never encountered any sign that he would be the type to sexually harrass anybody. I even spent time with him alone in his car, out and about orange county to go return some costumes to a costume shop and get stuff for the store and he never tried anything on me. Never said anything inappropiate or any of that kind of stuff. It's ridiculous that people would cry wolf on such a serious subject. It's really bad karma. A similar incident happened at 25 with a CS sup. He was and still is a really nice guy. But this whore got him fired for sexual harrassment. She was passing around the break room a naked picture of herself. Some how she turned the whole thing against him and got others to back her up.

Okay I'll admit I couldn't stand the guy...he lost any respect I had for him pretty quickly. But "framing" someone for sexual harassment they did not commit is just horrible. The bitch who got him fired deserves the same herself. If you want to get rid of an awful manager like Brad at least go for a legit claim. Don't stoop to that level, you just make yourself look worse than the person you're scorning.