Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    frys might finally be ending.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What improvements would you like on the site?
    What its like to be a Fry's Sales Person...
    What is the hourly rate for working at Frys?
    What is the job application and interview like? And how hard is it to get a job?
    User does not believe Linux can run without Windows
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Suzukiman: try 1 every 2 hours that is $8 x 6 days = $48 commision  

selling 10 per hour is selling 1 every 6 minutes the only time there is that many customers is black friday and even then it would be a serious challenge to meet that number as you would have to get then a quote which still takes 6 minutes by itself.

You simply pre-write quotes and pass them out. It's easier to sell to a crowd because everyone gets greedy and wants the same thing. You always say you only have 6 left if you wish. Fuck I have the last one right here. You want it... everyone wants it its the best and its on sale half the price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Fry's salesmen are retarded. It's to easy to sell this crap. You should watch how the top salesmen do it. They use ever tactic in the book because they are real salesmen. They are even good at stealing sales. They can even sell lots of laptops at once, they can multi-task, able to sell to multiple customers the same product at the same time, and they manage time wisely even if they have to stop helping a worthless customer, they are always on the move and they are always busy. Do your homework and find out your go to items, pre-write quotes on these items, sell only what pays, and always be selling. Sell the worthless customer the idea that you have some other customer along the way if you have to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    thats just it real salesmen dont bother with fries.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    Fry's salesmen are retarded... (ASDF)  

Wow asdf, other than that, everything you said points to a skilled and professional sales person...  

As long as they make the sales, and with a SMALL RETURN PERCENTAGE, that customer must have been satisfied with their sales experience.  

I see from the pic, your head may be made of wood.  

I think from your previous posts, you are smarter than that.
  3.  permalink
    Adsf you obviously haven't worked at fry's in a while. Pre writing quotes is a big no-no now. And when is the last time something on ad paid commission? Many people in the store are there to buy the item they found in the ad. You have to talk them into a more expensive item or a shittier brand. We have sales all the time where we can tell the buyer put one item on sale and put commission on another item with the intent that we would switch the customer to the similar item that pays. What happens most of the time is our shipment came early and we just sold out of the commission item BEFORE the sale or the shipment is late and we don't have anything comparable to take the customer to.

And yes, good salesmen can multitask, but not when other salesmen steal sales when no one's looking. How are you going to prevent that when you're in the laptop cage in back? You have to do it by selling the best laptop for the price, which is almost always an ad piece. A shitty sales man can take an amazing salesman's sale every time by showing them an ad piece.

Oh, and what do you mean by "do your homework"? Fry's has no way of searching by commission. Well, they just added a sort by commission on the POS by class code, but since commissions have been lowered for every accessory, what good does that do? Even clearance doesn't pay right now.

ADSF, you sound like you'd be a great manager at Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    Guest: ADSF, you sound like you'd be a great manager at Fry's.

Thanks. its not worth the shitty pay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009
    aww but you get fried manager on your resume. you may then be able to get a job at enron or tyco, I heard the tabacco companies always need U.N. ethical managers especially for their oversees plantations.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorJoshua
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2009
    ASDF is right though, you should read "his" strategy he revealed, it works VERY WELL.
  4.  permalink
    When will Fry's Listen to us:face-crying:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009
    fries does so they know who to fire next for making the most fuss.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  5.  permalink
    Pretty much. They would rather get rid of the problem then to deal with it head on. Sounds like the mafia. Randy Fry could be Marlon Brando.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    They would be right at home in the province of palermoLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  6.  permalink
    LOL....Your best buys are always at Fry's:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    GORILLA MAN: LOL....Your best buys are always at Fry's:face-devil-grin:

Thats right. Don't work for a company who puts customers first.
  7.  permalink
    LOL..
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    your best buys are always at fries ... or else!  

hay Tony this assosiat wus spreadin rumurs bout the boss's new commission only plan. whut should we du with 'im?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    FIRE HIM
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009
    hey mikey go get the torch, boss said to fire him.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    GORILLA MAN: LOL....Your best buys are always at Fry's:face-devil-grin:

when i had the chance to do the morning cheers i would say.  

Your best buys are down the street..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    remember there is a hidden n't in "Your best buys are always at Fry's". It even sounds like "always" I think it's French.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  9.  permalink
    I've been told in not so many words a large part of them changing the structure again is so they can get better prices. Example: 4 weeks ago, Monster was a focus brand that paid. Now that it doesn't pay we obviously aren't going to sell it and are going to be shooting for product along the lines of Belkin and God forbid PPA/I.Connect cables. Now that our Monster sales have dropped Monster will be like "wtf! $20 off!" and sell their shit to us for cheaper, putting Fry's ahead of the game. Can anyone find any shred of moral in this!? THIS IS MY FUCKING PAY CHECK YOU'RE BARGAINING WITH! By fucking with my paycheck you're fucking with my ability to pay bills. FUCK OFF. They're saying the draw system is permanent this time around, but the structure is far from permanent and I hope that's true. They're avoiding paying us by putting product 1 point below top tier. Monster surge protectors in computers are ALLLLLL 49 points except one which is $139 and pays 10%. I'm so disappointed in Fry's and I feel really fucked. I've put in applications elsewhere and I suggest everyone else do the same. And maybe if you wanna give your store/company a nice big F YOU, stroll in at noon on black friday and leave once you hit 800 bucks.. I'm considering it...
  10.  permalink
    asdf i have no idea what store you work at but i call bullshit. lets see your badge

i find it ironic my capcha words are "from paycheck"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    oh so capcha talks to you too? I think it watches youLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I am still willing to start a fries union. They cant catch you for joining everything is confidential till it goes publicLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  11.  permalink
    DO IT SUZUKI
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Guest: asdf i have no idea what store you work at but i call bullshit. lets see your badge  

i find it ironic my capcha words are "from paycheck"

If Jeremy Jach, or "some top salesmen's name here" can do it you can too.  

You can't pay your bills because your selling products that don't pay much, your not accessorizing, your not upselling, and you simply cannot sell. Read my earlier posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yes but if you can sell you not working at fries.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    i feel like creating a union after the holidays at my store, but i need some help on the best way to do it and through whoLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
  12.  permalink
    UPPER MANAGEMENT says that the only people that talk in this forum are people that cannot sell for shit...and just bitch all the time...I lolz on that
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well set up the union discreetly and just know that you will be fired before it is set up I already dont work for them so I dont care I can set one up easily by discreetly asking people if they would like to join and keeping that list confidentialLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  13.  permalink
    lol...how will i or someone get fired if they dont even know who we are?
  14.  permalink
    I ran into a customer today who found out we were commission only. He thought it was shitty and I agreed, but said we were dealing. He suggested starting a union and I said "you have no idea how badly some guys want to." He gave me his email address... turns out he's a union rep. He's going to put me in touch with the right people to go about organizing in a way that Fry's won't be able to prevent. Boo Ya.
  15.  permalink
    The best idea I've heard so far is just to not show up on Black Friday. Just don't call, don't show. Let Fry's wallow on the busiest day of the year.
  16.  permalink
    Terminated Immediately if you don't show up....lol....but come on you think people are just not gonna show....they want money its all about MONEY:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    well if you started asking people if they wanted to join and you ask the wrong person well there you go. That is how they would fire you. I on the other hand could start one as I could ask everyone and not get any backlash as I dont work for the company. once there is enough people we can then do things as a group.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    frys cant find out the people on my list as they dont have access to it.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    let me know what happens with the union rep I am interested.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  17.  permalink
    I was nervous even talking to the union rep. Moral has been so poor at our store that I wouldn't be surprised if they "secret shopped" employees with fake union reps. I wouldn't put it past Fry's to have a fake rep sign up employees just to find out who to fire. Legally don't they have to shut down the whole store if a union formed and they wanted to get rid of it? Federal law is supposed to protect employees from getting fired for talking about, forming and participating in union activities, even in the private sector.
  18.  permalink
    that is crazy.............
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yes you are protected but fries will fire you for something else granted it wouldnt be that hard to prove it but they are banking on you simply moving on and or not having the funds to go to court.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  19.  permalink
    Oh ok.....
  20.  permalink
    If you've already got some union backing and you can prove that you were fired for union participation the union will front the money to sue. That's why people join a preexisting union rather than form their own new union. That and if the cause is worthy and the union is large enough the whole union will go on strike and cause enough of an uproar that government gets involved and newspapers write stories. The only thing Fry's wants the newspapers to show about them is their ad.
  21.  permalink
    Interesting
    •  
      CommentAuthorBizz
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009 edited
    Guest: I ran into a customer today who found out we were commission only. He thought it was shitty and I agreed, but said we were dealing. He suggested starting a union and I said "you have no idea how badly some guys want to." He gave me his email address... turns out he's a union rep. He's going to put me in touch with the right people to go about organizing in a way that Fry's won't be able to prevent. Boo Ya.

i know who you are. we talked about this the other day :) and i'm best friends with one of your room mates.  

also-- you guys are right. TECHNICALLY and LEGALLY they can't fire us for wanting to be in/form/whatever a union. but it's fry's and they WILL find a bullshit reason to fire you. like not logging something out of the cage or taking an 11 minute break or being late or having your cell phone or being out of dress code or picking your nose (seen that one.)Collateral Damage
  22.  permalink
    i agree :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    yep but fried employees should unionizeLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  23.  permalink
    yes we should :) BLOOD BROTHERS lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    then why dont you?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  24.  permalink
    LETS DO IT