Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009
    well I have had the offer open for a while now but no serious takers.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    What improvements would you like on the site?
    What its like to be a Fry's Sales Person...
    What is the hourly rate for working at Frys?
    What is the job application and interview like? And how hard is it to get a job?
    User does not believe Linux can run without Windows
  2.  permalink
    what a shame :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep it sucks being head of a union makes lots of money.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    if its organized in this case which is not......
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    fried employees couldnt organize if their paychecks depended on it.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    LMAO not anymore that is...NO HOURLY
  5.  permalink
    I've been told by our recently departed computers DM that hourly pay is going to be cut down in store 25 effective Novermber 30th. I can't wait to see what happens, lol.
  6.  permalink
    A Lot of people are going to quit
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2009
    yep as I have said the final stages of fried electronics.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorBizz
    GORILLA MAN: yes we should :) BLOOD BROTHERS lol

lolz u hav aidz.Collateral Damage
  7.  permalink
    I do? I didn't know that:face-plain:
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    whoever is guest that got the union rep email...do they unions in other states...say perhaps nevada? cuz i would be really interested in doing something..i cant stand just getting raped in the ass by frys and doing nothingLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    as I said just send a pmLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  8.  permalink
    yep just send a pm to him and he will notify home office with all of your information :)
  9.  permalink
    For all you non-commission stores out there who are soon to switch I thought I'd let you know how sales staff are getting paid now at commission stores. For you customers wondering why sales staff act strangely, maybe this will shed some light.

Fry's sales staff are not paid hourly outside California. Commissions aren't a set percentage of the total sale either, like at other commission stores. One laptop might pay $5.00 another $40.00 and it doesn't matter how much a customer is paying for the laptop. If the laptop is on sale the salesman doesn't make any commission at all unless he attaches accessories or warranty service. Desktops, printers, etc are all the same.

Most desktops and laptops only pay $3.00-$7.00. Warranties pay 15% of the price. Accessories pay $0.20-$4.00 depending on how much it makes the store and what kind of accessory it is.

Right now the salesmen making the most money spend their time camping laptops and desktops during busy hours, focusing on selling the three laptops/desktops that actually pay well, attaching warranty service, and maybe 2 accessories they know pay. They're ditching customers who aren't willing to buy the laptop that pays and aren't willing to get warranty service. When customers aren't in laptops and desktops top salesmen are looking out for customers in the ink isle and customers with tons of stuff in their cart.

Every hour a salesman is in the store, he's paying Fry's $8.50 an hour to be there. If you're working weekday and weekend shifts, your weekends will be paying for your weekdays. If there's a shift where you consistently don't make money, drop that shift. If you are decent at selling you will probably be better off switching to part time weekends only and finding a weekday job that will put your selling skills to use.

Everyone is making less than they did before. On slow weeks people are making a LOT less. Commissions pay less than before on most accessories, so unless it is very slow getting down the isles isn't worth it.
  10.  permalink
    I hear that Thursday is the worst because there is a mandatory V-CON and a meeting so 2 hours of not getting paid and listening to DM and supervisors bitch and complain on why they didn't meet their goal...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009
    why would I send it to home office? ...You are starting to sound like a troll. The actions are there.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  11.  permalink
    who are you talking to?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBizz
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    GORILLA MAN: I hear that Thursday is the worst because there is a mandatory V-CON and a meeting so 2 hours of not getting paid and listening to DM and supervisors bitch and complain on why they didn't meet their goal...

they can't make meetings mandatory anymore without hourly pay. least at our store. and we all clock out now for "sales meetings"... you know, the 7am saturday ones that are pointless... i'm back in returns monday and i can't wait. i thought all the stores were commission only now. and all departments will be switching within the next 2 quarters i heard... how is D7 going to survive???Collateral Damage
  12.  permalink
    hahaha D7 is not on comission only..the only people are Computers and A/V
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    AT would probably make less than min. wage.
  13.  permalink
    fuck yea...true but sad.........Yo u worked in Houston Sasquatch?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Yes.
  14.  permalink
    what store? 23?
  15.  permalink
    I work in Renton EC sales I heard that we might go comm only soon????? WTF???? anyone know about that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Guest: I work in Renton EC sales I heard that we might go comm only soon????? WTF???? anyone know about that?

This is old news. Get with the program.
  16.  permalink
    do you know when?
  17.  permalink
    Bizz, if employers ask you to clock off or knowingly allow you to clock off for mandatory meetings Fry's is committing time fraud.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    simply document it as much as possibleLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    GORILLA MAN: what store? 23?

Yes.
  18.  permalink
    WRITE IT DOWN IN UR HANDY DANDY..........NOTEBOOK :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Guest: do you know when?

After black friday.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroxox
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
    the best thing is we can create an union an dprotect our right. Let's do it!:face-sad:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I have offered but nobody sends me a pm about itLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009 edited
    .........Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  19.  permalink
    since I am an outside party fries cant fire me again and or press legal action against me or force me to give up names of individuals that want to participate. I can also keep everyones identity separate from each other so fries cant send someone in just to squeal. when it goes live (gets enough members and funding) fries cant do anything at that point unless they want to face a very large set of legal issues for singling out people that are part of a union.

if you like to email me instead: fried (dot) circuits (dot) union (at) g-m-a-i-l (dot) c.o.m
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    see there is someone willing to start a union send email to them and if there is enough people this will be turned into an actual union.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    Once the union is big enough. everyone can say they are part of the union without fear or retaliation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009
    exactlyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  20.  permalink
    Like the Revolutionary "CHE" :)
  21.  permalink
    wasn't that guy a communist supporter in cuba?
    •  
      CommentAuthornfl
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    Just give it up Suzukiman. The people there are either too scared or lazy to start a union. I'm just glad that I quit Fry's a couple of months ago.
  22.  permalink
    They have a movie about him its like 5 hours long...its really good...go watch it :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    I basically have given up.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  23.  permalink
    Quitters are the problem in this society. You have to fight for your right or the government will step all over you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    I have more important stuff to do than herd a bunch of fried ass ociates around (no offence to the non ass ociates hehehe):face-monkey:Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  24.  permalink
    We all are busy people. We don't care about you. The world doesn't care about you. People only care for other human beings because of their morals or religious beliefs. If it wasn't for that, people could give a rat's ass about anything. Human Race is Selfish. Everything is about themselves not about others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009
    you should read the answer to your question you asked it ties in with what you just said.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  25.  permalink
    :O
  26.  permalink
    The union will pick up steam January 15th. After every salesman realizes that they're not going to be able to pay their bills for the next three months.