Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    aka SPIT

S - Stocking
    P - Pricing
    I - Inventory
    T - Time
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    What improvements would you like on the site?
    What its like to be a Fry's Sales Person...
    What is the hourly rate for working at Frys?
    What is the job application and interview like? And how hard is it to get a job?
    User does not believe Linux can run without Windows
  3.  permalink
    I'M MAKING CLOSE TO THE SAME AMOUNT IN SALES, BUT WITHOUT HOURLY, I'M MAKING LESS THAN BEFORE. PLUS I'M WORKING HARDER.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010
    Stop disrespecting Billy Mays.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Work smarter not harder. Sell stuff that pays more, create your own bundles, add monster cables, printers, printer cables, printer paper, floppies for backups, ups battery backup, desk, chair and floor mat, extra hard disk and memory, graphics card.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    asdf: Work smarter not harder. Sell stuff that pays more, create your own bundles, add monster cables, printers, printer cables, printer paper, floppies for backups, ups battery backup, desk, chair and floor mat, extra hard disk and memory, graphics card.

sounds like management got to asdf..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  4.  permalink
    Maybe he's just looking at another way to make money.
  5.  permalink
    with the way they have it set up now, you have to work your ass off to make money.
  6.  permalink
    That sucks. I can't imagine the pressure of selling or not being able to make any money whatsoever. Hopefully Fry's wisen up and revert back to hourly pay + commission but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    Dude just sell products that pay higher commissions. Frys needs to be more open and communicate better about commissions on products. Its like Fry's vs Employee. Fry's doesnt want employees to earn more money. Frys want employees to sell low commission products which leaves them with more gross profit.
  7.  permalink
    I wonder how long until all sales departments are commission only?
  8.  permalink
    hopefully soon. if frys doesnt go to commission only then frys will go bankrupt and means no jobs for anyone. Take care of frys and you will continue to be employed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAirlink#5
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010
    asdf: Fry's salesmen are retarded. It's to easy to sell this crap. You should watch how the top salesmen do it. They use ever tactic in the book because they are real salesmen. They are even good at stealing sales. They can even sell lots of laptops at once, they can multi-task, able to sell to multiple customers the same product at the same time, and they manage time wisely even if they have to stop helping a worthless customer, they are always on the move and they are always busy. Do your homework and find out your go to items, pre-write quotes on these items, sell only what pays, and always be selling. Sell the worthless customer the idea that you have some other customer along the way if you have to.

thank you.....thats what u do!
  9.  permalink
    Hahaha, Fry's isn't going to go bankrupt anytime soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Now a customers POV? Quit complaining and find a real job. Not EVERY customer is stupid. I'm not moving $200 out of my price range so an employee can make $10 more on a commission.  
    I hear a lot of "I won't help a customer if I'm not making commission"....the prevailing attitude at Frys. I personally don't NEED help when shopping...but some folks do. I've read these forums for years, and know what coniving,deceitful,B.S. "knowledgable" people settle for Frys jobs.... So I usually tear up the invoice for anything I can, and just pay for it at the counter (screwing anyone out of commission?), or if it is a processor or other componant that has to be picked up from the front cage.....I'll find a a guy standing around in the dept. picking his nose, or looking comepletly lost....and pull him aside and make HIM ring up my order, while the other "salesmen" fight for theirs.  
    I have YET to find a salesperson in any department, at ANY Frys who really knows what they are talking about. They know what they need to sell to make a commission....but I get a kick when (for giggles) I ask a salesman a specific question about an item, and they don't know the answer, or try to B.S. me with a made up answer. And this guy wants a commission? 10 years ago, I bought ALL my electronic purchases at Frys....today 90% is bought online at NewEgg, TigerDirect, or Amazon. BETTER prices, BETTER quality. NO "open box" stickers, BETTER refund policies....and NO smarmy salesmen. The only thing I buy at Frys anymore is the RARE sales item that can't be beat.:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    good job skully wag, I have no doubt in my mind that not just by what you wrote here but that in real life your a fuckin asshole just as well as most of the salesmen. Hey you need a sales job? I hear frys always hires and since your so knowledgeable im sure you can get one easily? Whats the question they first ask sell me this pencil?:face-monkey:
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    Yeah I WOULD make a good Frys salesman. IF I needed to come up with my half of the rent. IF I needed a "summer" job. IF I was too lazy to get a real job.  
    BUT....since I already have a GOOD job, paying REAL money, I'll stick to calling a spade a spade.  
    I feel the same way about frys as I do restaurants. Pay your employees. Don't expect your customers to cover your short fallings. If Fry's would pay a decent hourly rate....PERIOD...they would have a choice to take the job or leave it, and MAYBE they could get some good workers, instead of the sort they have now... people trying to talk customers into buying what they don't WANT or need, or looking under the cushions for loose change.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4882
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    skullywag,

Get off your high horse. Some of us work at fry's AND go to school, seeking a true profession. We students have to make money somehow, don't we?

In contrast to your statement, I truly feel that I am more knowledgeable than 97% of the customers I meet.
  10.  permalink
    Skullywag and ObiWan should start an anti Fry's club and jerk eachother off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Guest: skullywag,  

Get off your high horse. Some of us work at fry's AND go to school, seeking a true profession. We students have to make money somehow, don't we?  

In contrast to your statement, I truly feel that I am more knowledgeable than 97% of the customers I meet.

Ditto, but make it 99%.
  11.  permalink
    OK I had to LOL when I read this. Customers always THINK they know more. When I was in components, I can't count the number of times a friggin' NETWORK ENGINEER wanted to argue about crap he had no idea about! If you're so smart why do you have to ask me for help? It's not my fault your life sucks and you're an idiot. Oh, and the more expensive router that pays more commission? It's a better product! If you don't want to buy it because I work on commission... well, the joke's on you, pal... congratulations, you're more of an idiot than a Fry's employee. We'll all have a nice laugh at your expense. And, you DESERVE it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJessrond
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2017
    Fry's is gonna be SHUT DOWN for GOOD  
    FOREVER  

Taken over by hotels  
    Target  
    Best Buy  

Restaurants  

goodbye Fry's  

W. Randolph Fry is gonna die of a heart attack  

just like the one he gave to our surveymonkey master