Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    I have a problem with the Burbank store saying in-store pickup is out of stock when they are not.  

I wrote the following letter to Randy Fry. Anything else I should do? I found Fry's supposed home address (Palo Alto) on the net. Should I send it there, too?  

Letter sent today:  

Dear Mr. Fry:  

On Monday, Oct 26, 2009, I placed order #Sxxxxxx for in-store pickup at your Burbank store. A short time later I received an email saying the item was not in stock, despite your computer system showing it to be still in-stock. I went to the Burbank store on Friday, October 29, 2009 and found that there were 4 of the ordered items in-stock, and requested that the manager sell me the item at the in-store pickup ordered price, even though my order had been canceled by your system. I did not cancel this order.  

The sales associate told me that the manager refused to sell the item for the ordered price and offered me only $5 off the in store price.  

After calling your office, an associate from the Burbank store called me, but said Leo Lopez, the acting manager, would not make good on the in-store pickup price, including the $30 rebate which expired on October 29th, which I would have been entitled to, had the store honored the illegitimately canceled order when I was there to pick it up.  

Now, Michael from your office will not even return my phone calls.  

Please make good on my original order by selling me the ordered item for the ordered price, minus the $30 rebate which has now expired.  

I am a long time customer of Fry’s and have never had this kind of problem before. My phone is xxxxxxxx
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009
    let me know if they do something so I can dress accordingly when I visit hell next month. All you really can do is post to the bbb and complain by calling them all the time but as I said let me know because I really want to hit the slopes next month.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    If you filled out a direct connect, it will go directly to the home office, which is in San Jose. For your reference, the current address is:  

Fry's Electronics Home Office  
    600 East Brokaw Rd  
    San Jose, CA 95112
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    There are plenty of good online retailers that probably sell what you're looking for, have it in stock, sell it at a lower price than Fry's, and will probably treat you a lot better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorcaligirl26
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    So let me get this straight, you filled out an order on Monday which is only good for 2-3 days at the most and went in on Friday. Also, whether you are aware of it or not Fry's receives product DAILY (so they have very well been out of stock on Monday) as frys.com does NOT confirm stock of any store except it's own warehouse. Just watch Frys.com for it to go on ad again (it will) and select multiple stores until you get your confirmation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrooobosmith
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009 edited
    caligirl26: So let me get this straight, you filled out an order on Monday which is only good for 2-3 days at the most and went in on Friday. Also, whether you are aware of it or not Fry's receives product DAILY (so they have very well been out of stock on Monday) as frys.com does NOT confirm stock of any store except it's own warehouse. Just watch Frys.com for it to go on ad again (it will) and select multiple stores until you get your confirmation.

You might be right, but Frys.com did indicate that the item was in stock.  

If they really have no idea, they should not be confirming or denying stock.  

Maybe it is the store management which is doing a crappy job updating status?  

No matter, cause the store has agreed to make good on the original deal.  

So wear the cold weather gear when you visit hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    good to know I will bring a nice ski jacket.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  2.  permalink
    Well, I got it. Frys has always come through for me. :face-smile:
  3.  permalink
    That would be the problems of the Customer Relations department and not Frys.com. Since I used to work in-store pickup, this is how it goes:  

1. You see that an item has been placed  
    2. You have 15-30 minutes to go and look up that item and see if it's in stock. If you cannot find it, you ask the department supervisor or manager to look up the SKU and see if they can find it for you, all within this 15-30 minute period.  
    3. You come back with (or without the item) if the item is in stock, it's placed in the holding bin for 2-3 days, if not you send out information that the item is not available and the order automatically cancels itself out.  

Now, I started when the in-store pickup became a very new thing last year, it started when I got hired in in August 2008. During the holiday rush, we'd look up the SKU ourselves (to save time) and if it said 0 or 1 left, we were told to normally take that as meaning we had none left and to send out the message that it was not available. Was it right? Probably not, but management wanted things done quicker and that meant less effectively and honestly at times. This could have been the case in your situation. Or, it could have honestly been out of stock and then new orders came in the next day.
  4.  permalink
    ladydemando: That would be the problems of the Customer Relations department and not Frys.com. Since I used to work in-store pickup, this is how it goes:  

So who is responsible for keeping the inventory info on frys.com up to date?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    The site will say an item is in stock if there is at least one in inventory. The problem is that we are a retail store, not a warehouse. If we have one in stock, do we really have it in stock? It could be stolen. It could be in a customer's cart. It could be an inventory miscount. It could be in the completely wrong place, impossible to find until the next inventory. It could be so badly damaged we're not allowed to fulfill an online order with it. A customer could have purchased the item(s), and the online system won't receive an inventory update until the following morning. It may have been on hold for another customer. Hell, maybe on hold for someone else ordering online. Maybe the store received several more of the item in question during the week. Don't feel so damn entitled. There are many reasons the item may not have been available for sale. Furthermore, any information you enter online is merely used to place an item on hold. Nothing at all is done with your credit card information. We just put it to the side, wait for you to come into the store, and then proceed to make the transaction at the register like you are a normal customer. I'm also curious as to why you expected us to honor an order that we informed you was unfulfillable on the same day you ordered it... four days prior... Now run along and play nice like a good boy.
  5.  permalink
    rooobosmith:
    ladydemando: That would be the problems of the Customer Relations department and not Frys.com. Since I used to work in-store pickup, this is how it goes:  

Well I can tell you one thing, it's not the stores responsibility. Your rant and temper tantrum was completely, 100% unjustified
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009 edited
    rooobosmith:

Why cant Frys.com check the stores inventory ?
  6.  permalink
    That would require good customer service and more money to set up the system to do so. Just because the word "courtesy" is on our name badges doesn't mean its there for its true meaning. So when you do an in-store pick up its basically like playing the lottery. You don't know what you're gonna get.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    gossipgirl025: That would require good customer service and more money to set up the system to do so. Just because the word "courtesy" is on our name badges doesn't mean its there for its true meaning. So when you do an in-store pick up its basically like playing the lottery. You don't know what you're gonna get.

Stoned to death.
  7.  permalink
    That's brutal. But to brutal for fry's? Probably not.
  8.  permalink
    So true, gossipgirl, all my worse experiences at Fry's were people bitching about in store pickups.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009
    I tried the store pickup thing without success. I want to know that the products I want are available in realtime. I have other shit to do and other sites to check out.
  9.  permalink
    Seriously. It would just be easier to go in the store yourself and get the product. Its a waste of time especially if your items aren't even up front yet.
  10.  permalink
    Frys.com doesn't actually check store inventory at all. It will almost always default to say "available for in-store pickup" even though not a single store actually has the item in stock. I've had several customers ask me for items that I've checked availability in every store, including the website and found that it wasn't in stock anywhere but was still listed online as available for in-store pickup, even three days after it was still listed online. The website is purposely deceiving. Customers are tricked to come into the store for an item we don't have in stock so we can sell them something else that Fry's will profit from.
  11.  permalink
  12.  permalink
    Sasquatch: The site will say an item is in stock if there is at least one in inventory. The problem is that we are a retail store, not a warehouse. If we have one in stock, do we really have it in stock? It could be stolen. It could be in a customer's cart. It could be an inventory miscount. It could be in the completely wrong place, impossible to find until the next inventory. It could be so badly damaged we're not allowed to fulfill an online order with it. A customer could have purchased the item(s), and the online system won't receive an inventory update until the following morning. It may have been on hold for another customer. Hell, maybe on hold for someone else ordering online. Maybe the store received several more of the item in question during the week. Don't feel so damn entitled. There are many reasons the item may not have been available for sale. Furthermore, any information you enter online is merely used to place an item on hold. Nothing at all is done with your credit card information. We just put it to the side, wait for you to come into the store, and then proceed to make the transaction at the register like you are a normal customer. I'm also curious as to why you expected us to honor an order that we informed you was unfulfillable on the same day you ordered it... four days prior... Now run along and play nice like a good boy.

Cause Frys.com still said it was in stock even after I got an email. If Frys does not have it, they should have at least updated the inventory to say so.  

Giving out false information is just bad for business as it only annoys the customer.  

But it is clear that Randy Fry cares about that far more than you, as I got what I wanted. Your attitude is one of the reasons so many here complain about Frys.  

And FYI, a lot of popular items are shown to be out of stock all the time. In fact when I ordered every other store said out of stock. Either Burbank was not keeping the inventory current or they were turning everyone down to avoid selling for a cheap price.
  13.  permalink
    rooobosmith:
    Sasquatch: The site will say an item is in stock if there is at least one in inventory. The problem is that we are a retail store, not a warehouse. If we have one in stock, do we really have it in stock? It could be stolen. It could be in a customer's cart. It could be an inventory miscount. It could be in the completely wrong place, impossible to find until the next inventory. It could be so badly damaged we're not allowed to fulfill an online order with it. A customer could have purchased the item(s), and the online system won't receive an inventory update until the following morning. It may have been on hold for another customer. Hell, maybe on hold for someone else ordering online. Maybe the store received several more of the item in question during the week. Don't feel so damn entitled. There are many reasons the item may not have been available for sale. Furthermore, any information you enter online is merely used to place an item on hold. Nothing at all is done with your credit card information. We just put it to the side, wait for you to come into the store, and then proceed to make the transaction at the register like you are a normal customer. I'm also curious as to why you expected us to honor an order that we informed you was unfulfillable on the same day you ordered it... four days prior... Now run along and play nice like a good boy.

Cause Frys.com still said it was in stock even after I got an email. If Frys does not have it, they should have at least updated the inventory to say so.  

Giving out false information is just bad for business as it only annoys the customer.  

But it is clear that Randy Fry cares about that far more than you, as I got what I wanted. Your attitude is one of the reasons so many here complain about Frys.  

And FYI, a lot of popular items are shown to be out of stock all the time. In fact when I ordered every other store said out of stock. Either Burbank was not keeping the inventory current or they were turning everyone down to avoid selling for a cheap price.

You got what you wanted because you were a whiny little bitch throwing a temper tantrum and it was easier to throw you a bone then have deal with you any further. Nothing more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
    avoid frys online, the store is better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    ladydemando:
    rooobosmith:

You got what you wanted because you were a whiny little bitch throwing a temper tantrum and it was easier to throw you a bone then have deal with you any further. Nothing more.

Seconded.
  14.  permalink
    The service for fry's is horrible....If you piss off a cashier most which are teenagers will get a fit and bitch...they will take their sweet time scanning the items...and when they are picking the receipt from the printer..they instead talk to a fellow associate lol...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    they like to laugh it up all the way to the bank
  15.  permalink
    ladydemando:
    rooobosmith:

Go ahead an believe what you want. Just glad you're not working at Frys main office and that Randy Fry does not listen to people like you.  

All you do is make excuses for the obviously erroneous online inventory reporting. If they cannot get it right, they should not be doing it at all.  

The fact is, neither you nor I know whether Burbank actually had the item in stock and whether some lazy ass decided to just send an email rather than check stock.  

I did check the stock at San Diego during and after the online sale and they were OOS for at least a week. Very suspicious that Burbank re-stocked so quickly (if indeed that was the case).  

In any case, why do you care that Frys made a customer happy? Is it cause it's your mission to piss off customers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    rooobosmith:
    ladydemando:
    rooobosmith:

Go ahead an believe what you want. Just glad you're not working at Frys main office and that Randy Fry does not listen to people like you.  

All you do is make excuses for the obviously erroneous online inventory reporting. If they cannot get it right, they should not be doing it at all.  

The fact is, neither you nor I know whether Burbank actually had the item in stock and whether some lazy ass decided to just send an email rather than check stock.  

I did check the stock at San Diego during and after the online sale and they were OOS for at least a week. Very suspicious that Burbank re-stocked so quickly (if indeed that was the case).  

In any case, why do you care that Frys made a customer happy? Is it cause it's your mission to piss off customers?

Seriously?? It's suspicious that a store re-stocked an item in a series of 4-5 days???? You placed an order on monday oct 26 and it was out of stock then... and friday is a long ways away in terms of getting shipments... Fry's, unlike other places, receive products monday through friday... and Just because the San Diego store remained out of stock the whole week.. does not mean other stores will remain out of stock on the same item.. different stores get different shipments or transfers from other stores... Also considering that Burbank and San Diego are in different parts of so.cal...  

another thing is that you went into the store on Oct 29th which is the date you say that the rebate expired.... If the rebate expired on oct 29th, the rebate is still GOOD on oct 29th.. that is just the last day you have to buy the item and get the rebate.. Very suspicious complaint there.. sounds like a customers doesn't want to deal with a mail-in rebate, but who does... but that is part of the deal... and you don't have to buy into it.. you just won't get the $30 back..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  16.  permalink
    This sounds like a job for Special Victims Unit...
    •  
      CommentAuthormilh467
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    Agreed. Complaining to Randy Fry or any other Fry's electronics personnel will be ignored or thrown in the trash.  

To get a company's attention, report to the BBB.
  17.  permalink
    BBB IT IS :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    Have NLRB do an investigation about employment practices.
  18.  permalink
    Smart Lego :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene improves test scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonman
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    rerehttp://wiki.ytmnd.com/Moon_Man
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    ban the moonman?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  19.  permalink
    milh467: Agreed. Complaining to Randy Fry or any other Fry's electronics personnel will be ignored or thrown in the trash.  

All I did was write Randy Fry. Got his attention and what I wanted.  

I still had to deal with a $10 rebate, but got it for the same price I'd have paid with the $30 rebate.  

Yes, it is suspicious that they "restocked" so quickly. I have checked Frys stock on other items after an OOS, and never seen this happen. I'm not saying it could not have happened, just unlikely.  

I think it far more likely that some lazy ass just sent the email w/o even checking stock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    rooobosmith:
    milh467: Agreed. Complaining to Randy Fry or any other Fry's electronics personnel will be ignored or thrown in the trash.  

I still had to deal with a $10 rebate, but got it for the same price I'd have paid with the $30 rebate.  

Yes, it is suspicious that they "restocked" so quickly. I have checked Frys stock on other items after an OOS, and never seen this happen. I'm not saying it could not have happened, just unlikely.  

I think it far more likely that some lazy ass just sent the email w/o even checking stock.

You haven't spent much time working in retail have you? I've seen it all the time..  

heck I've seen situations where people who looking for something that was out of stock when they were looking for it, but an hour later we got what we like to call a shipment into the store.. It wasn't that they were sitting in the backroom collecting dust, but it was sitting on a truck on the way to the store.. You are sitting here saying that a store cannot get restocked over the course of what accounts to a whole week's worth of shipping dates.. Monday is the day you asked for it... which is the first "shipping date" possible, and you just want to believe that there can never be any shipments on tuesday, wednesday, thursday or even friday that would restock the shelves... You just want to ASSume that you were dealing with some lazy person who didn't bother to go check.. You just are looking for a reason to be upset and blame it on the store and not accept any possibility that the store had no control over.  

How about this... My dog got hit by a car... I'm going to blame you for driving off and now I want compensation.. Where's my money?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  20.  permalink
    Receiving is getting new stuff sent in daily.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrooobosmith
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009 edited
    someone:
    rooobosmith:

You haven't spent much time working in retail have you? I've seen it all the time..  

heck I've seen situations where people who looking for something that was out of stock when they were looking for it, but an hour later we got what we like to call a shipment into the store.. It wasn't that they were sitting in the backroom collecting dust, but it was sitting on a truck on the way to the store.. You are sitting here saying that a store cannot get restocked over the course of what accounts to a whole week's worth of shipping dates.. Monday is the day you asked for it... which is the first "shipping date" possible, and you just want to believe that there can never be any shipments on tuesday, wednesday, thursday or even friday that would restock the shelves... You just want to ASSume that you were dealing with some lazy person who didn't bother to go check.. You just are looking for a reason to be upset and blame it on the store and not accept any possibility that the store had no control over.  

How about this... My dog got hit by a car... I'm going to blame you for driving off and now I want compensation.. Where's my money?

Do you know how to read?  

Do you know what this means?  

I'm not saying it could not have happened, just unlikely.

No I don't work in retail, but I find it far more likely that Fry's has some lazy employees than that what I ordered just happened to be delivered AFTER the sale.  

In any case, they should have honored the order. Glad Randy Fry AGREED WITH ME, and not you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    rooobosmith:
    someone:
    rooobosmith:

How about this... My dog got hit by a car... I'm going to blame you for driving off and now I want compensation.. Where's my money?

Do you know how to read?  

Do you know what this means?  

I'm not saying it could not have happened, just unlikely.

No I don't work in retail, but I find it far more likely that Fry's has some lazy employees than that what I ordered just happened to be delivered AFTER the sale.  

In any case, they should have honored the order. Glad Randy Fry AGREED WITH ME, and not you.

when you assume, you just make an ass out of yourself... Randy Fry does not agree with you, he just merely decided to honor the deal to shut you up.. it's easier to shut up a whiner than trying to argue sense with them  

you need to lose your sense of victimhood. you just want to assume you are the victim of a lazy employee rather than what is MORE likely in which a delivery of the item in question happened sometime between monday and friday.  

Personally, I would have just honored the purchase price but let you deal with the rebate that was still valid ... that i do agree with you on, but you just want to continue into thinking that you are a victim.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  21.  permalink
    when you assume, you just make an ass out of yourself... Randy Fry does not agree with you, he just merely decided to honor the deal to shut you up.. it's easier to shut up a whiner than trying to argue sense with them  

you need to lose your sense of victimhood. you just want to assume you are the victim of a lazy employee rather than what is MORE likely in which a delivery of the item in question happened sometime between monday and friday.  

Personally, I would have just honored the purchase price but let you deal with the rebate that was still valid ... that i do agree with you on, but you just want to continue into thinking that you are a victim.

I'm not a victim cause I got what I wanted. My order was honored, whatever the circumstance.  

Sorry if Frys does not suck as much as some of you think.
  22.  permalink
    To Mr. Fry,
    On November 29, 2009 I purchased a 58 inch Samsung Plasma television from the Fry's in Burbank, California. One week later, the television was delivered to my house. When the delivery man brought it in, I did not have an HD box to connect to the television set. The delivery man hooked it up and turned it on for a minute. At that time, I did not examine the television with a microscope because I trusted that Fry's was a reputable buisiness that sold good products. The week the television was delivered was the week of finals at my school and I had two big papers due and a final to study for on the following Thursday, so I did not watch television at all. Less than two days after the television was delivered I returned home from school and decided to watch the television. While watching the television on an HD channel, I noticed that there was a small crack under the screen on the upper right hand-side, THERE WAS NO EXTERIOR DAMAGE TO THE
    TELEVISION. I called Fry's right away and they
    told me that I would have to wait to call the manager of the store the following morning. Right away, I sent an e-mail to this same e-mail address notifying customer relations of my problem.
    I called the store the following morning and was told that the delivery man would come by in another two days with a replacement set. When he arrived at my house two days later, he and another store employee came in to my house to look at the television. Neither of the employees could see the crack until it was pointed out to them, which one of the employees later admitted to Ceasar, the district manager, while he was on the phone in front of me. The delivery man hung up the phone and told me that there was nothing that they could do for me, they would not replace the television. I asked the delivery man to call Ceasar, the district manager, back so I could speak to him. Ceasar told me that he would send a man from Samsung over to look at it. A few days later, the man from Samsung came and told me that it was physical damage and that there was nothing he could do for me. He told me that if the damage truly did not happen at my house, then the
    damage must have occurred during the shipping or delivery of the television.
    For three days I tried to get Ceasar back on the phone. When I finally did, he told me that he could do nothing for me. I told him that I would post a complaint with the Better Buisiness Bureau. He told me to go right ahead. I did just that, and Ceasar even responded to the complaint via e-mail and posted it in the Better Buisiness Bureau response section. I have the full complaint and response passages and I would like for you to read them.
    Complaint ID: 98477688
    Complaint Classification:
    Complaint Description - Posted 12/15/2009 2:13:46 PM

On 12/08/08 A TV I purchased from Fry's was delivered to me. ITwo days after delivery, I noticed a small crack in the screen, under the protective glass screen. There was no external damage to the TV. I called Fry's 2 days later when I noticed the problem. They sent delivery guy and he said they could do nothing for me. They said I would have to deal with Samsung. The crack is not noticeable from 1 foot away. Screen needs to be illuminated with a bright background from more than 5 feet away to be noticed. I did not watch the TV for the 2 days it was here because I am a graduate student with 2 children and it is finals week. I am extremely upset because I know 100% for sure that the damage did not occur here. I feel as if there is nothing that I can do, because I did not take the time to examine the TV with a microscope when they drooped it off. Being that I have 2 small children, and I and my wife both attend college and work, I have no time to fight
    them on this. I am going to try to get the $479 back that I spent on a 4 year warranty. The district manager Ceasar something is not returning my calls now. I reported this right when I discovered it, less than 2 days later. Please help me if you can. Unfortunately, I payed cash for the TV so now I am left with few options. I know the TV was not damaged here, so I am prepared to do whatever it takes to try to fight this. It is not fair. I spent over $2600 dollars of my hard-earned money on this and I do not want to get ripped off

Complaint Summary

Plasma TV delivered with a crack in the screen.
    Resolution Sought

I want what I payed for, a 58 inch Plasma TV with no damage to it.

Additional Information
    Date Problem First Occurred:
    12/6/2009
    Product or Service: Samsung TV delivered with a small crack in the screen.
    Model Name or Number: Samsung PN58B650
    Date Purchased: 11/29/2009
    Order Number: 17790271
    Amount In Dispute: $0.00

Company's Response
    Company's Initial Response - Posted 01/06/2010
    I explained to the customer that we would not be able to exchange the unit. Customer asked if he could get a chash refund on his PSC. I explained to the customer that we would go ahead and give him a full cas refund for his PSC. I also explained to him that I would contact the SM/ASM and the DM to inform him that we would be doing this for him.
    Initial Response Summary
    I explained to the customer that we would go ahead and give him a full cas refund for his PSC.

Consumer's Rebuttal
    Consumer's Rebuttal - Posted 01/07/2010
    It took me over 3 days to get the manager in charge back on the phone. I knew I would get the shaft on this one, so I got my money back for the 4 year warranty. Fry's was not cooperative at all, even though their own employee admitted he could not find the crack until it was pointed out to him. The bottom-line is that Fry's delivered a TV with a crack in the screen and would nothing about it. The burned me for money that it took me a long time to earn. I am an honest person, and I brought the problem to their attention in a timely manner, yet I still got burned. I really do not understand how Fry's can get away with what they did. I have no recourse because I am a full-time student with two young children. I do not have the time or resources to pursue this matter. I would love to see Fry's get what they have coming to them in court. I am completely disatisfied with my whole shopping experience at Fry's. I will never shop there again. If anybody at the
    Better Buisiness Bureau wishes to pursue this or has any suggestions for me, then I would welcome the assistance. Please help, I am a victim of unfair business practices perpetrated by a business with no sense of right or wrong. HELP!

Company's Final Response
    Company's Final Response - Posted 01/07/2010
    If Mr. Johnston wants to take this to our legal dept. he can put his request in writting and fax it to 408-487-4747 attention Legal dept. I will have Mr. Perez contact Mr. Johnston regarding refunding him is full amount of this PSC. Since Mr. Johnston did not state he wanted the refund as was offered to him by Mr. Perez.

I do not understand how you can have a district manager working for you who does not tell the truth. To begin with, I was told that nothing could be done for me. I asked for an exchange or refund and was denied either opportunity, Never once was I told that I could get a full refund. It is untrue that I was ever told that by anyone. Secondly, in the final response to the complaint, Ceasar said that Mr. Perez would get in touch with me to refund me the full amount of the purchase. Again, this is not true because nobody has tried to contact me regarding such a matter. I would like you to know that Ceasar, your district manager, does not tell the truth. I am an honest person who goes to school and has two small children. I have enough to worry about rather than trying to fight for what I payed for, that being a 58 inch plasma television with no damage to it. I notified your company about the problem in a timely manner, yet I still got burned. I am just
    one person and I know that I do not matter very much to a company as big as Fry's, but what happened, regarding my purchase at Fry's, was not fair. I worked part-time and I saved that money for a long time. I worked hard for the money that I used, over two thousand dollars, to purchase the television. I am beside myself that your district manager can tell lies about what happened and what was offered to me during the course of our conversations. Are you really that dishonest of a buisiness that you would stoop to a level that low? I was going to let this matter drop, but when I saw his final response that contained the lies, I had to continue to pursue this matter. Now, I feel like I am fighting for the customers who have gotten burned, and who will continue to get burned by big buisinesses. How can he perpetrait such an injustice to the American consumer and get away with it?
    I am willing to remove the complaint which I filed with the Better Buisiness Bureau and stop pursuing this matter if Fry's does one of two things. I would be satisfied if Fry's either gave me a full refund for my purchase, which Ceasar said he would do in his response to the Better Buisiness Bureau anyways, or better yet, I would like my television replaced with a new one that has no damage to it. I just want what I originally paid for from Fry's, no more, no less. It is not fair that I have had to expend so much energy and spend so much time fighting for something that I should have gotten in the first place. The television was delivered to me in that condition, it was not my fault, yet I am having to go through such trouble to get what I rightfully paid for and deserve. It is not right.
    If anything, I just wanted for someone to see what type of person you have in charge of some of your stores. It is not right that he can tell such untruths and get away with it.
    It has been a while since the television was delivered to me, and we had a rain spell that completely soaked the box. I kept it outside because it was so big. It got wet and I had to throw it out. I had the box on the days that Fry's and Samsung came to supposedly replace the television. I do not have it now. However, I do have the television in the exact same condition as the day I purchased it.
    I would like to know if you are going to do what Ceasar said he would do in the Better Buisiness Bureau response, give a full refund for the purchase. As I said earlier, I would be more satisfied with getting what I paid for, a new 58 inch Samsung plasma televion (PN58B650) with no damage to it. Thank you for your time. I will be awaiting your response.
    Sincerely,
    David Johnston
  23.  permalink
    Guest: To Mr. Fry,  
    On November 29, 2009 I purchased a 58 inch Samsung Plasma television from the Fry's in Burbank, California.  
    Sincerely,  
    David Johnston

If this happened as you say, you should have taken the product back to the store immediately. I have not heard of Frys not accepting returns for refund.  

I would have rented or borrowed a trailer or truck as soon as the delivery guy refused to take it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavidJ
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    The Fry's DM told me he was sending a Samsung Rep to look at it. He came three days later. I have kids and am a full-time student, as does and is my wife, so it is difficult to find time to rent a truck and do what you are suggesting. I may get nothing, but I will sure as heck try to lose business for Fry's. Is it fair what happened to me? I know I made some mistakes, but I counted on Fry's adhereing to reputable business practices by delivering me a TV with no damage to it. If you read the complaint, you would have seen that the delivery guy from Fry's copuld not even see the crack until I pointed it out to him. We were less that one foot away. Imagine trying to pick it out from further away. Anyways, I got burned and I am out for consumer justice. That money would have been better spent buying diapers or food for my two young children.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    DavidJ: The Fry's DM told me he was sending a Samsung Rep to look at it. He came three days later. I have kids and am a full-time student, as does and is my wife, so it is difficult to find time to rent a truck and do what you are suggesting. I may get nothing, but I will sure as heck try to lose business for Fry's. Is it fair what happened to me? I know I made some mistakes, but I counted on Fry's adhereing to reputable business practices by delivering me a TV with no damage to it. If you read the complaint, you would have seen that the delivery guy from Fry's copuld not even see the crack until I pointed it out to him. We were less that one foot away. Imagine trying to pick it out from further away. Anyways, I got burned and I am out for consumer justice. That money would have been better spent buying diapers or food for my two young children.

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spamHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavidJ
    Is it okay that the DM of the Burbank store posted lies in his rebuttal to the BBB complaint? Isn't that unethical and unfair? Good business practices Fry's, and way to go hiring someone that is a liar as one of your district managers.
  24.  permalink
    DavidJ: The Fry's DM told me he was sending a Samsung Rep to look at it. He came three days later. I have kids and am a full-time student, as does and is my wife, so it is difficult to find time to rent a truck and do what you are suggesting. I may get nothing, but I will sure as heck try to lose business for Fry's. Is it fair what happened to me? I know I made some mistakes, but I counted on Fry's adhereing to reputable business practices by delivering me a TV with no damage to it. If you read the complaint, you would have seen that the delivery guy from Fry's copuld not even see the crack until I pointed it out to him. We were less that one foot away. Imagine trying to pick it out from further away. Anyways, I got burned and I am out for consumer justice. That money would have been better spent buying diapers or food for my two young children.

You had 30? days to return the product. Is that time expired?  

If it was me, and $2600 at stake, I'd have made the time to get that turkey back to the store, at least by day 30.  

Home Depot rents trucks for $20/hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavidJ
    Yes, and Fry' told me that they would not take the TV back before the 30 days. Read the complaint before you post comments because I am sick of repeating things that were in the BBB complaint. Maybe I did not do some things the right way, but I have never had anything like this happen before. It is funny because none of you will answer if it is okay that he posted comments that were not true in the rebuttal section of the BBB complaint. Is it ethical and fair to do that? Please, let me know.