Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMudBERT
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited
    Alright sounds good, do video cards go on sale? I wouldn't think so, but just thought i'd ask. Thanks Gorilla.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Frys Electronics Black Friday 2011 ad
    Fry's Electronics Black Friday 2007 Full Ad Released!
    2013 Fry's Electronics Black Friday Ad
    Fry's Electronics Black Friday 2014 ad
    Fry's Electronics Black Friday Ad 2008
  2.  permalink
    Video cards go on sale....a few of them are going to be after rebate though :s...but the majority of them are going to have a drastic drop in price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMudBERT
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009
    Any clue on how much money to bring if I plan on being a top customer out in front of the line? Ive never really been a person to camp in front of the store, but im thinking about it. I remember doing it a couple years ago, but didn't actually get to the front of the line. It was for best buy and they let the first 10 or so go inside for 20mins or something like that to browse for what they wanted. Does frys do that as well?
  3.  permalink
    how about netbooks/notebooks? anyword on an i7 notebook? =D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjim56
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009
    This is going to be my 4th year of camping at Fry's. Fry's doesn't really care about customer relations, as noted by their lack of line management during zero hour Friday morning [about an hour before the store opens]. This is when everyone starts cutting everyone else, fights start [ fun to watch], and women start showing up. The only really guaranteed spot is if you are first, as you can't really cut the first people. When the store does open, a massive panic starts towards the 3-foot wide door. Last year my family and I [my 2 sons and myself] nearly got trampled outside the store. Long chains of curse words are shouted, and you are squeezed like never before. Also, people never pick up their trash from where they camped out, so you have cans everywhere and random garbage littering the ground. Inside the sore, the associates don't even help out [no offense associates, you guys just are mad as hell at everyone trying to get the cheap items].  

One more thing.  
    THE FUCKING REGISTERS ALWAYS CRASH! YOU SIT IN LINE FOR NO LESS THAN 3 DAMN HOURS. Fry's needs to fix this.  

However, it is always fun, and I'm all up for going every year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Ive seen it where they let only a few people in at a time, wait 5 minutes and do it again and again. Safety first .
  4.  permalink
    Heres 2 videos from the 2007 black friday at the san diego store. The line wraps around the entire store. Fucking crazy.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RB8qnJpeQ (3:45am)  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9VJul-igWg (9:30am)  

Heres another..  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfDNqSygrYI
  5.  permalink
    there are no i7 netbooks sir....lol...even if they had any..people are cheap and they usually bitch about the high prices the netbooks have...
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    asdf: Safety first .

Safety first, at Fry's? Have you seen how cluttered their aisles can get? i.e. the pallets of crap and such? That used to be one of our usual recommendations to help avoid all of the liability (and workers') claims that Fry's had.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Frys is safety paranoid. They've been sued before. Everyone drops what they are doing to make sure the customers safety comes first.
  6.  permalink
    Customer comes first NO MATTER WHAT :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorjim56
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    Any idea of the deals happening this year? Hopefully it rains here so I can be the only one in line! :face-smile:
  7.  permalink
    CRAP mann im telling you...i think the DM3 OR DM4 laptops are going to be on sale..they are both crap....enjoy waiting in line just to see you will be getting crap :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjim56
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009
    Fuck, at least we all know that there will be desktops for possibly 199, although its the shitty ones. It's not like I go to Frys for the electronics, I go there for the wonderful employees and the outstanding customer base.
  8.  permalink
    LMAO good one jim
  9.  permalink
    well I obviously didnt mean an i7 NETBOOK, but rather an i7 NOTEBOOK. just wanted to see what you knew about toe netbooks aswell :P. so anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    I seen the ad!!! Oh man there is some really great deals!!!
  10.  permalink
    asdf: I seen the ad!!! Oh man there is some really great deals!!!

So post it already!:face-devil-grin:
  11.  permalink
    There is other you tube videos of the san marcos store. It was back when I was working there but I was in the video. But my other supervisor buddies are in there. I'm work right now and youtube is blocked. I will have the find the link later.
  12.  permalink
    your full of shit!! home office does not release the ad til 2morrow after noon...trust me! I know i'm waiting for it!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjim56
    except for 2007 when we got it like a week early, fry's has been good about concealing the ad until thanksgiving morning, and even that is only the 2 page thing. Last year I didn't even get the full 8-page thing until about 3am Friday morning WHILE I was waiting in line. lets hope this year everyone's out at walmart or best buy.  
    s
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 448
    I was in and out of frys in 35 minutes last year, everyone says your crazy to camp out really early, however i pitched a tent and put my comfy recliner camping chairs in it and just slept, got up and ran into the store, got my 52 inch lcd tv and blue ray player and was at the checkout as soon as i could get there. Everyone complains about waiting in line for 3 hours to pay.... well i was at walmart laughing at the crazy people 45 minutes after frys opened.

I dont think we will see the ad until thanksgiving day, like usual
  13.  permalink
    Pathetic
    •  
      CommentAuthorjim56
    Everyones going to be at Best Buy this year...they have a $197 laptop! HP! not an emachine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    jim56: Everyones going to be at Best Buy this year...they have a $197 laptop! HP! not an emachine!

netbook?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    asdf:
    jim56: Everyones going to be at Best Buy this year...they have a $197 laptop! HP! not an emachine!

netbook?

Intel Celeron.....  

http://www.bestbuy.com/doorbusters2009/?AID=10597222&PID=1234320&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fdoorbusters2009%2F&ref=39&loc=01Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    I got L4D2 for $39/free shipping yesterday. I don't think I was even going to buy it until Christmas, but hot diggity, not a bad deal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBizz
    supposedly there will be a good notebook, a decent desktop and a netbook. free printers and some monitors. i've heard all the samsung led's will be about 50% off, and then i've heard all there'll be is stupid viore tv's. the fact about black friday is, no matter where you go, you're going to wait in line for 4+ hours, come close to dying multiple times and probably won't get what you're looking for. and the stuff in ad's, be it fry's or bestbuy or target, is all worthless crap for a worthless price that you're just going to return in a week anyway... and to the douchebag up there complaining about customer service, you try working black friday with 2k+ customers all making a mad dash for your department at once. i can't even tell you how many times i got ran into with carts last year and it was so busy we were standing on the gondolas because there wasn't room on the floor.  

this is the ONE week a year i truly miss food service.Collateral Damage
    •  
      CommentAuthorGORILLA MAN
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009 edited
    I AM RETARDED.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMudBERT
    I just came back from frys and talk to 4-5 different customer service counters and they all said no leaks to even the workers. So, "Don't expect anything till tomorrow morning newspaper ad" that's what 1 of them said to me as I was leaving. I guess I'll buy a paper tomorrow and if anything good I'll post back here. LOL funny story is i was talking to one of them and they said someone was trying to start camping 2 nights ago and got kicked out haha. Crazy to camp out 3-4 nights ahead of Black Friday.
  14.  permalink
    I don't understand why Fry's won't release the ad early. Newegg and Amazon have started their sales. I just reviewed the Newegg ad will check Amazon before I pull the trigger on a case and two hard drives, maybe more. Come on Fry's...you snooze, you loose. www.blackfriday.info
    •  
      CommentAuthorGORILLA MAN
    I is a Fail
    •  
      CommentAuthorwasddead
  15.  permalink
    HOLD UP. THERE HAS TO BE MORE THAN THAT RIGHT?  
    3 pages of shit?
  16.  permalink
    What about the san diego ad? I'm sure someone's got the paper. I'm too lazy to go buy my own.
  17.  permalink
    The Thursday ad in Atlanta is identical to Dallas. Nothing worth waking up early for. Oh well. :(. Maybe tomorrow's ad will be better. I'll get to the store when I get thefre. No need to stand out in the cold...not this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2009 edited
  18.  permalink
    Left the games begin.
  19.  permalink
    Ok..now that the Black Friday (Thursday release ad) is, at best, mediocre, has anyone here seen the Friday AM newspaper ads yet. Wihtout seeing that first, I am NOT getting on line outside. Surely someone has access to the Friday release ad by now.... ?
  20.  permalink
    my uncle is a printer for the san jose mercury news. ill be getting the ad at 2am cali. time. i drive out to pick it up, scan it, post it, and then im back in line with friends. IF i dont post it, its because its not worth it. for some odd reason im feeling like best buy tonight.....

JOHN
  21.  permalink
    so does anyone know if it is like last year, where there is a long ad for a saturday sale?
  22.  permalink
    ATTENTION FRYS BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPERS-
    I'd just like to say that most of you are sad, pathetic consumer cattle that no matter how much you deny it, are the bitch in the retailer-consumer relationship. If you have ever stood in line for one of the Black Friday Ad's you are a cheap motherfucker with absolutely no life. Same goes for the lazy fucks who come in at noon expecting us to have the ad items still. If one more of you asks for a rain check or a price match anytime this weekend I'm going to go apeshit and start swinging. If you stand in line every year its because that cheap piece of shit you bought the year before is already broken, take your cheap ass somewhere else we don't need your business, the ad items lose the store money anyways, we don't fucking care. And go ahead and tell me you'll never shop at fry's again, you WILL be back no matter what we do t o you, once again, YOU are the bitch in this relationship. Enjoy your weekend not showering, waiting in retarted long lines for garbage laptops, and other cheap bullshit that will probably break in a year, you won't buy a warranty, the manufact. won't fix it, you get mad and make yourself look like a retard. Then next year you'll just start this never ending cycle over again. The most entertaining part of the holiday season is watching dumbfucks like you wait like junkies for your cheap electronic fix. You should all be ashamed of yourselves, for you truly have absolutely no life, do everyone a favor and just off yourselves before someone does it for you. Cheers
  23.  permalink
    And by the way, YES, the saturday ad is ALWAYS WAY BETTER. How many years does it take before you dumbfucks get this? You need to stop taking whatever drugs your on before you can become a productive member of society.
  24.  permalink
    THIS IS FRYS NOT NEWEGG OR AMAZON! Buy your shit online and stay home, god knows your retarted ass will find a way to make yourself look like a complete ass.
  25.  permalink
    Well lololololol I'm over here at the Fry's Electronics in Anaheim, California where our local delivery newspaper gentleman kindly delivered the Saturday newspaper. Upon tearing into the release, we immediately found a 4-page Fry's Saturday advertisement with significantly better deals.  

I couldn't agree more regarding the competency of the average holiday shoppng consumer...
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2009
    AuDioFreaK39: Well lololololol I'm over here at the Fry's Electronics in Anaheim, California where our local delivery newspaper gentleman kindly delivered the Saturday newspaper. Upon tearing into the release, we immediately found a 4-page Fry's Saturday advertisement with significantly better deals.

What a great way to insult your customers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Guest: THIS IS FRYS NOT NEWEGG OR AMAZON! Buy your shit online and stay home, god knows your retarted ass will find a way to make yourself look like a complete ass.

Your eloquent abuse of the english language tells me you work for Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    obis force senses fried peopleLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I skipped black friday this year and went shopping in Mexico.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Suzukiman: obis force senses fried people

Nope...just a simple Jedi mind trick on the weak-minded.