Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSam
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2007 edited
    1,300 Unopened Rebate Applications Found In Dumpster  

http://consumerist.com/consumer/fry.s/1300-unopened-rebate-applications-found-in-dumpster-297016.phpthe wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2007
    To the credit of manufacturers out there...  
    I have never, ever, not received a mail-in rebate. Just make sure you follow the instructions properly and you will get your money. Eventually...
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2007 edited
    1,300 Unopened Rebate Applications Found In Dumpster  

This is a picture of the 1,300 unopened rebate forms a Mercury News reporter found in a dumpster near Vastech, a rebate processor for Fry's Electronics.  

When confronted, the company's owner blamed it on a lazy employee who no longer works for Vastech and offered to process and sign checks for all of the envelopes in front of the reporter.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorworm
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2007
    This is standard practice at Fry's Electronics.i am a worm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    I see this story has also been dugg:  

http://digg.com/tech_deals/over_1k_rebates_for_Fry_s_found_in_dumpster  

Read the description lolHoward Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Well I have always received my Fry's rebates so far. Guess I am lucky, I just sent one in, we'll see how it goes.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    yep rooting around in the grave yard and look what i found I'm going to call him gary he likes IP addresses well atleast i think so thats all he really says. and that is why i return then buy then return and buy then return and buy rinse wash repeat abut 40 times only problem is with a percentage reduction you will never get to 0. And woot for another fried scam Im sure chucky fry is proud of his sons.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2009
    Suzukiman: yep rooting around in the grave yard and look what i found I'm going to call him gary he likes IP addresses well atleast i think so thats all he really says. and that is why i return then buy then return and buy then return and buy rinse wash repeat abut 40 times only problem is with a percentage reduction you will never get to 0. And woot for another fried scam Im sure chucky fry is proud of his sons.

Thanks.. you reminded me to check out woot.com tonight.. not that I ever see something I want from there.. well if I do.. it's sold out.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
  1.  permalink
    seeing as how none of the url's on the rebate receipts in the stores work, and there is no official way to find an expired rebate form unless you ordered on frys.com after november. i would say yes they are a scam. frys does back up the rebates, however they only give out the money if you jump through several hoops that are on fire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2009
    dont forget the hoops are smaller than you normally.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    Guest: seeing as how none of the url's on the rebate receipts in the stores work, and there is no official way to find an expired rebate form unless you ordered on frys.com after november. i would say yes they are a scam. frys does back up the rebates, however they only give out the money if you jump through several hoops that are on fire.

Im not sure how it is recently, but I've always been able to claim Fry's rebates. Ive bought at least 4 "free after rebate" items, and many other discount rebate items and never missed one. I haven't purchased any in a while, so I can't speak for now, but when I did, it was easy enough if you speak english.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    AyaHu:
    Guest: seeing as how none of the url's on the rebate receipts in the stores work, and there is no official way to find an expired rebate form unless you ordered on frys.com after november. i would say yes they are a scam. frys does back up the rebates, however they only give out the money if you jump through several hoops that are on fire.

Im not sure how it is recently, but I've always been able to claim Fry's rebates. Ive bought at least 4 "free after rebate" items, and many other discount rebate items and never missed one. I haven't purchased any in a while, so I can't speak for now, but when I did, it was easy enough if you speak english.

most of them are ppl who don't know how to correct fill out a rebate...and most of the time they dont keep a copy for their recordsLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12