Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchy Fry
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited
    At least they send the compensation checks out to the poor people who were let go after 10 plus years. The checks are witheld 40% in taxes or so, but it is still a nice gesture on their part. The people will get compensated for 10 years, or until Frys gets bought out, so I hear.
  1. Other Topics You Might Like
    Too much Christmas Cheer. Drunk Employees
    Why you got out and where are you today?
    What are the best types of things to get with your employee discount at frys?
    99% of the topics on this site are bad, what does that tell you about Fry's
    How can Frys find out who posts on here?
  2.  permalink
    IT'S ALL LIES
  3.  permalink
    You are an IDIOT>......

It's all Lies.... (You Said)

They are paying their employees with Compensation checks each December.

They let go their TOP PEOPLE but I guess that is their way to compensate.

<RIP>
  4.  permalink
    Sad story...
    •  
      CommentAuthormilh467
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    sad:face-crying:
  5.  permalink
    ...?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralyshah
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    Was it 10 years? I heard it was 15. And personally, I think anyone who can stand to work retail for ten years deserves some serious compensation. I've only worked five, and there are times when I want to shoot people.The only thing worse than ignorance is stupidity.
  6.  permalink
    your right its 15
  7.  permalink
    They originally said that 15 years of employment would yield a $1 miilion dollar compensation. This assumes you worked your way up to Store Management, etc.

Their is an amount "Vested" into your compensation account, and that dollar amount is paid out to the employee after "TERMINATION" because that is what happens to eveyone, or until you retire.

Then the dollar amount is paid out in 10 payments, one time a year usually around December 10th for the next 10 years.
  8.  permalink
    That sucks.
  9.  permalink
    Jeez, Gorilla Man. Lots of people "Who Made Fry's Tons of Money Years Ago" are at least getting the payback.

An average check comes in for associates for $600 - $1500 each December. On Time. (10 Years) The ones who did not go into management. Drones?

Well, They made that one promise, and corporate sends the checks.

I really, honestly Fry's did not set up to fail. They are very smart, crule at times to employees, but keep in mind, it is still a Family Owned Business.

I believe that their mis-management with people that stole from them, (Computer Buyer) is a loss.

They are trying to survive and at least employ some people.

I am the first to disdain them, yet having owned a business, I also respect them.

Fry's will give you the best selection, the best prices.

This is why we still care enough to make a difference. It is their company. All mistakes are noted here. They, I believe read this too. 30+ stores, Golf, Humanity charities.

Give Them A Break.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    They sent me a $6 check. So im good. Paid for my lunch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    asdf: They sent me a $6 check. So im good. Paid for my lunch.

Thats 6 tacos at taco bell!Superhero!
  10.  permalink
    yum Taco Bell :)