Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1.  permalink
    Im starting to dislike my job. About 10 months ago I was energetic and eager to come to work. Sometimes even coming early so I can get a head start on my downstock and tsr. Now I dread having to come to work and dealing with the bullshit management, whom is wildly inconsistent with what they expect out of you. One day its this and the next is different. Same customers asking the same questions. Same shitty ASM and SM asking for FC FC FC FC FC FC FC FC over the radio. Its so fucking annoying. They dont care that I have real knowledge of the products we carry. They dont care that I research things I dont know about so im more equipped to help the customers. All they care about is $$$.  

And whats up with no hourly? starting in 10 days theyre cutting it off and commission only will take place. EVERYONE WILL QUIT. And isnt that shit illegal?

1260920249795.jpg
  2. Other Topics You Might Like
    Frys is badass its huge and prices are great... fuck best buy
    Fuck frys
    Does being a brown nosed motherfucker a requirement to being promoted at Frys?
    can someone tell me why frys ad stuff is so cheap, are they losing money on ad items?
    Midnight Releases at Frys (Fountain Valley)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009
    Im surprised it took so long for you to start hating it, honestly.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2009
    yep typically it is faster than that. I liked it for a while but I was in the service department doing shakedowns on warranty customersLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  3.  permalink
    Service is cake. You get to work on computers all day. Isn't that what you nerds like to do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    hell yeah I am surrounded by 10 monitors all displaying something different. yes I went from 3 monitors at my last job to 10Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    the goal is to manage people who bring in the money.. and remember they are disposable.
  4.  permalink
    Can you blame Fry's for not wanting to overpay their workers? Most of the salespeople are overpaid so why not cut thier pay. The product pays for itself and people would be willing to work as a salesperson for $10 an hour so it's actually a good thing!
  5.  permalink
    Noone ever said anything about overpaying workers but lets take a lesson learned from circuit city. when they got rid of all their experienced workers for cheaper labor all hell broke loose and that helped bring the company down. all because they wanted to save at the customers expense. There are a good amount of experienced workers that do their jobs exactly they way they should that now have to turn to money grubbing assholes. If im not getting paid now to answer questions why they fuck would i go down the aisle. If a old lady comes in that bought a laptop from a coworker needs help getting the webcam to work why the fuck should i help her out? then when you look at stores that are very small and have lots of foot traffic and the salesman will still be required to spend a very large portion of thier time opening closing doing schematics and gobacks it just doesnt make sense. and for the above person, of course any salesman is willin to work for cheaper pay, but those are salesman that have no experience and rarely have much knowledge on products
  6.  permalink
    Fry's is a big company and paying for cheaper workers would not affect them that much. Like I said before, the products sell themselves, and it takes virtually no skills to sell them. I'm sorry if you are upset over getting paid less but that's too bad. It's the workers' fault for not educating themselves and depend on a retail store to take care of them. It's the workers' fault for not preparing themselves just in case stuff like that happens. What did the workers want? That they can be uneducated and never have to worry about the economy? Fry's will never make budget cuts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    Guest: Fry's is a big company and paying for cheaper workers would not affect them that much.

That's what Circuit City thought when they replaced their well trained, well paid salespeople with untrained, minimum wage employees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    fries is a small company and will hopfully die out like circuit city did.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  7.  permalink
    Fry's is going to thrive in this economy by cutting costs. The products sell themselves and it takes no skills. Fry's a big store unlike circuit city so there shouldn't be a problem selling most items there. I can't wait for the commision only. I'll enjoy shopping at Fry's while the employees cry and complain about their paycuts. lol They needed a plan B if things didn't work out at Fry's.
  8.  permalink
    wow to the dumass above me in this, some people work very hard for whatever they can manage to get at frys. I hope the economy gets worse and you get laid off then we can laugh at your misfortune. I hope you have kids that you wont be able to budget and pay for. Oh but you must think you untouchable by this economy downfall, kudos to you
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2009
    I agree with Guest #2, Guest 1, that was a pretty dumbass thing to say. But everyone gets their karma one way or another.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yeah if fries is cutting pay they are trying to save money and it is a small companyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Heh, when is cutting pay not saving money?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    neverLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Guest: Fry's is going to thrive in this economy by cutting costs. The products sell themselves and it takes no skills. Fry's a big store unlike circuit city so there shouldn't be a problem selling most items there. I can't wait for the commision only. I'll enjoy shopping at Fry's while the employees cry and complain about their paycuts. lol They needed a plan B if things didn't work out at Fry's.

That is a very naive thing to say...the products do sell themselves if a person knows everything about them and is already set on getting it... but products are not going to sell themselves when computer illiterate people come shopping..Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    Frys is the bomb.
  9.  permalink
    "wow to the dumass above me in this, some people work very hard for whatever they can manage to get at frys. I hope the economy gets worse and you get laid off then we can laugh at your misfortune. I hope you have kids that you wont be able to budget and pay for. Oh but you must think you untouchable by this economy downfall, kudos to you"
    I don't have kids but I know you do because you sound so bitter at the future paycut you are about to receive. Is it my fault that you didn't plan ahead and that you are probably going to struggle to pay for your kids? I didn't say I was untouchable, I mentioned that people should have planned ahead a long time ago. The economy is going to get worse and you have to plan for the future. If you didn't get your education and you are stuck working at a retail store that requires no education or skills, is it my fault? My favorite line is "Oh but you must think you untouchable by this economy downfall, kudos to you", which proved my point. Happy holidays to you all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4882
    "The products sell themselves and it takes no skills."

To whom ever said this:

You must have little experience in retail or see through a very narrow-minded scope.

The majority of the customers are computer illiterate. And a large amount of the time, a customer will end up trying to buy something that has little gross profit. This is a generalization, but it is the case most of the time.

The computers that we try to push are those with the most gross profit, as those are the ones that 1) give the company the most gross profit and 2) consequently pay the associate the most commission. The purpose of the associate is to push these items on customers. Are you saying these high GP items sell themselves? I think not.

I can guarantee you that without proper commission, most associates could care less about what the company wants to sell. There has to be an incentive.
  10.  permalink
    Fry's is like the Wal-mart of electronics sells. They have the best and most abundance of products to sell and that is why people buy from them. It's sad when the salespeople pushes products that customers don't want just so the salespeople can make more money. If I was the customer, I wouldn't want to be pressured into buying a product I don't need so a sleezy salesperson can recieve a bigger check. The customers want what they want.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4882
    ^ And what do you expect a company to do? The sole purpose of the company is to make profit. And the best way to make profit is to give a sales associate an incentive to push the items that give them good GP.

Welcome to capitalism ;-)
  11.  permalink
    At the same time, employees shouldn't complain if a company wants to cut cost to save some money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Create an account to continue your bickering or I'll just start deleting guest posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 4882
    "At the same time, employees shouldn't complain if a company wants to cut cost to save some money."

You are clearly missing the point. They are not going to make more profits by cutting commissions. You almost sound like Fry's Management to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    both guests need to get accounts so we can tell who is who.  

and fried does not carry the best of everything and is nowhere near walmart for one walmart is successfulLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    I couldn't follow the 'debate'.Superhero!
  12.  permalink
    to the asshat that believes everything in life can be prepared for - The way a salesman at frys needs to sale should not be based on commission. If you sell people what they need and explain everything out fully they will not only be happy but you can also be profitable without feeling like a dirty salesman. That is what ive always tried to teach my salesmen. If they come in for the ad piece then get the the ad piece. If they dont need 2000$ for a computer then dont force them.
    Also I dont have children but I have two guys that do and a few more that are going to school. I moved my position down to sales 6 months ago to go back to school so I could get out of frys but it seems like things will get a lil harder for that.
    As far as retail not requiring any skill wow. just wow. Any person thats good with retail knows that its like any job. Sure I can get a position sitting at a desk and being a idiot but still do my job as well as being a idiot at frys as management or as a shelve stocker, but the key thing is doing you job right takes skill in any job. When you work at frys you start to see that their are a LOT of idiots there which makes any job harder to do if you wanna do it right. To me that takes skill. To manange a department full of people that dont care or are lazy that takes skill. To multitask a million things at once and do you job right takes skill
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    there you can now call me userdos:face-devil-grin:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    yaayLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorjenseri
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    This is why i LOVE FRYS
  13.  permalink
    I was only kidding about all the mean things I said on this discussion page. All kidding aside, when I say you have to prepare yourself, that means trying to save as much money as you can, be smart with your money because the economy is going to get worse. Another smart thing to do is to stock up on food and supplies because things are going to get worse and I'm not sure when things are going to get better if they are going to get better. Growing your own food will help in the near future too. I know I'm lucky to be working at this point to see what's going around in the world. Even when I don't feel like working or working overtime, just knowing people are not as lucky as me, forces me to motivate myself to work. Hopefully you all had or going to have a good holiday. When I worked at Fry's it took me about two weeks to recover from their Christmas rush. I hated the 6 days a week and 10 to 12 hour shift. Good times good times. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    dont save us money save chinese and japanese moneyLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  14.  permalink
    Fuck saving chinese or jap money.... time to save gold... put all your money into gold
  15.  permalink
    Save in gold, food, weapons, ammo, and supplies. That's all I can think of because the was Obama is running things, we'll be in the dark ages before we even know it. We'll do anything to survive like wild animals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgogetenkz
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    HELP! I'm confused!!!!!
  16.  permalink
    HAHA hell declare marshall law before we get a chance to start savings food water and gold.... then hell come take it away.... OBAMA CANNOT RUN THIS COUNTRY ... specially after george bush fucked it up
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    I think bush is the bigger issue still hmm 2 wars = lots of debt meaning china is top atm.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorhurleydood
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    people don't understand that it takes time to actually change things. bush needed 8 years. obama will probably need the same. obama for president 2012
  17.  permalink
    I'm surprised none of you who still work at Fry's and are concerned about these changes have not contacted any of the stores already on the program. Most stores have only lost one or two people due to the change because they couldn't cut it as salespeople. The rest of the group for the most part is actually making MORE money. You would go down the aisles because EVERY accessory now pays you based on its GP. That means you can sell the $5 cable instead of the $20 cable and still get paid if the GP% is high enough. Seems to me like this is better for the sales people AND the customers. Should get people to stop hawking the laptop and big screen tables and actually try to help customers...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Guest: I'm surprised none of you who still work at Fry's and are concerned about these changes have not contacted any of the stores already on the program. Most stores have only lost one or two people due to the change because they couldn't cut it as salespeople. The rest of the group for the most part is actually making MORE money. You would go down the aisles because EVERY accessory now pays you based on its GP. That means you can sell the $5 cable instead of the $20 cable and still get paid if the GP% is high enough. Seems to me like this is better for the sales people AND the customers. Should get people to stop hawking the laptop and big screen tables and actually try to help customers...

what store do you work at and what supervisor position do you hold?Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGuest 2090
    Third guest here. Please get real and just realize that when you work at Fry's you work there by choice.

Don't like it? Quit.
    Underpaid? Go take some night classes and hopefully you'll be able to get a job out of that.
    The real solution is not to go onto an internet forum and whine about it, but to be proactive in bettering your life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    you might want to use quote tags as nobody knows who you are talking about which brings up the get an account issue.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    WOW to the other quests. some of us have always been hard ass workers there. The way this new commission works doesnt make any salesmen better. It just demoralizes them. It went live on cali stores and I didnt notice any salesmen breaking even but what i did notice was people working twice as hard to make what they use to, some working three times as hard.  

To the third quest, when you come to forum to bitch and complain about people talking about subjects that we are bitching and complaining about then that makes you a complete fucking tool.....heres my solution to you stop wasting you time on these forums, be proactivein you life by removing that large baseball bat stuck up ya ass!  
    cheers:face-monkey:
  18.  permalink
    Third guest is actually right and your the ass, just so you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    I dont see how people dont understand the problem with the economy is only mortgages and the auto industry, dudettes. We just spent over 78 million in one day as american consumers to see a movie. Believeeeee me, we are not experiencing FINANCIAL deficit. The reason companies have bombed is because they are stupid and believe in the recession.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    I believe I am a millionaire I believe I am a millionaire I believe I am a millionaire I believe I am a millionaire I believe I am a millionaire  

.... The funny thing is I may become one ....  

just look at inflationLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorUserDOS
    yams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:face-monkey:
  19.  permalink
    Ayahu, This is only the begining of our financial troubles. It's going to be really bad around 2012 and you can quote me on that. You think we have a sound economy and that we are not in any financial trouble? We spent millions to see a movie so we can escape reality for a couple of hours. Ignoring the problem won't solve our problem. I guess you don't see the inflation that going around you such as gasoline, food, etc.