Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthordiogenes
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    I saw you wandering the San Diego store with the store manager and a junior executive type Saturday afternoon. Suggestion: Loose the matching black suits. You looked like three chauffeurs on break. If you want matching suits as an executive uniform try blue. Better yet, loose the matching. If you keep it up, Ray Liotta and the cast of Goodfellas may sue you for copyright infringement!  
    Have a good New Year...  
    Cheers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    Nothing wrong with a nice black suit.
  1.  permalink
    True...and if your retail job doesn't work out you'll have a leg up on that interview with Cloud 9 Shuttle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    theres nothing wrong with looking pro at all times.
  2.  permalink
    I'm all for looking professional. However, guys in matching black suits can look a little cartoonish unless they are limo drivers, undertakers or the Blues Brothers. Requiring suits is fine. I just think requiring matching black suits in an environment like Fry's is overkill. But that's just me.
  3.  permalink
    overkill??...When you are like the OWNER.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Guest: I'm all for looking professional. However, guys in matching black suits can look a little cartoonish unless they are limo drivers, undertakers or the Blues Brothers. Requiring suits is fine. I just think requiring matching black suits in an environment like Fry's is overkill. But that's just me.

They require matching suits? Sounds like you work there.
  4.  permalink
    No, I don't work there, but three guys in matching black suits with Fry's name tags suggests Fry's requires matching black suits. I'm fine with the owner setting the dress code. I just think black suits in a casual retail environment like Fry's is overkill. Of course, if they want to park my car, take my order, pull a few hard drives off the shelf and deliver them to me on a silver platter with a hearty "Thank you, Sir!", than nothing would be more appropriate than matching black suits. Otherwise, something a little less formal would be fine.
  5.  permalink
    Maybe they will find you and whip out one of those memory erasing pens from Men In Black.
  6.  permalink
    I never saw Men in Black. Maybe if I did I might think that the black suits were sharp. I just can't get beyond Belushi and Aykroyd. Guess I'm stuck in the '80s. I don't need a memory pen. My memory self-erases periodically.
    Do female Fry's executives wear black cocktail dresses on the job? If I saw three of them prowling components some afternoon that may cause me to change my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Welcome to corporate or herd mentality. If the president of a company wears a black suit, then the brown-nosing staff will also.  

At one company I worked for, the president wore his hear slicked back with lots of Vitalis like Pat Riley (http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2008/06/26/pat_riley_oj_mayo.png). All of the brown nosing VP's started wearing their hair the same. Yeah...they all looked pretty stupid.
  7.  permalink
    You might be right ObiWan. If it's just a brown nosing staff behavior, OK. I've seen that often. This seemed different. If it was just brown nosing, it would be too obvious, and the president would notice it. Unless he liked obvious brown nosing. True brown nosing should be subtle to be effective.
    I got the impression that these black suits were an executive uniform. I didn't notice if they frequently walked by mirrors, large refrigerator doors, big screen TV's etc., to check their reflections.
    Notice you wont see this black suit, mandated "professional look" in organizations that are truly professional. Costco for example. They're professional, they perform, pay their people above average, employee turnover below average... You get the picture. Oh, and no internet forum where grumpy staff bitch their job.
  8.  permalink
    This conversation is retarded. I am one of those people who wear nice suits everyday. I have about 10 suits, a couple of which are black. Did it ever occur to you that black is a pretty damn common color of suit and that it just might have been coincidence?

Do you think that the store managers called Randy Fry to see what color suit he was wearing? Or maybe Randy sent out a memo that said that specific day was Black Suit day. This is stupid. Randy was in my store a few days before this, and he was wearing a blue suit....no one else was wearing a blue suit.

Walk around the store for more then a couple of seconds and you will realize that an all black suit is not something that everyone wears.
  9.  permalink
    If black suits aren't required, fine. My only point was that requiring black suits in a casual retail environment is overkill. If they're not required let's drive a wooden stake in this thread and get back to some of the recurring topics...whether some employees are on drugs, are cashiers pressured to sell Fry's credit cards, how to spot the elusive LP guy and what happened the last time a customer dropped dead in the San Diego store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    see I like my job as I can show up unshaven no haircut bad breath and a half assed backwards shirt with 10 holes in it and nobody will care. frys I wear an offwhite shirt and get sent home even though there is a blue coat over it. I went home and stayed there.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  10.  permalink
    Give the guy a break. He's one of the owners of a multi-million dollar company and is worth a couple hundred million dollars himself. So if he wants to go spend 5 grand on a suit and wear it to a store he owns than let him. As for the store managers who were following him around in the San Diego store they are required to wear suits. So let them feel like mormons if they want to because I know i do. I don't really mind the work requirements. It's too bad they don't reimburse for stuff like that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    they are too cheap because randy wants more 5 grand suitsLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthormtnmedic
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    Why does anyone care what they wear? As long as they look clean and presentable, are friendly to the customers and have a professional demeanor, I don't care if they wear pink tutus and glittery tiaras.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    The last thing I want to see is a saleman in a suit.Howard Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    I hate it when I dress all nice in Fry's because customers start asking me questions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    asdf: I hate it when I dress all nice in Fry's because customers start asking me questions.

That's what you want bro.
  11.  permalink
    The salesman all look like Mormons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    yes it is the store full of mormonsLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    dont they have a church podium stashed away somewhere in av at all the stores?Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....