Not signed in (Sign In)

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest! Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrushtron
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010
    Stright up. Also I like places with real sales people on comission it like makes the place classy. Like a expensive shoe store or car dealership..... or mens fashion depot  

Price value selection nobody even comes close.http://curelost.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    Crushtron: Stright up. Also I like places with real sales people on comission it like makes the place classy. Like a expensive shoe store or car dealership..... or mens fashion depot  

Price value selection nobody even comes close.

Hello Home Office.Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    yep someone from home office I wonder what obis take on that post is ...Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Fry's salespeople make the place look classy? You cannot be serious. Everytime I've been in Fry's I've felt like I've either beeng groped or need to take a shower.  

As to price, with rare exceptions, Fry's and Best Buy are about the same on name brand items.  

As to value, I see no value in going to Fry's.  

As to selection, Fry's may have the upper hand on that, but...and that's one big butt, their selection is often made up of returns, packages that have been crushed or bound, and the items inside are damaged. If I need a specialty item, I'll either go to Micro Center or order it from NewEgg or Directron (or drive to Directron since they're in Houston).  

Suzuki - did I miss anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsomeone
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010
    ObiWan: did I miss anything?

You called Fry's Fry's instead of FriedHiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFrenchyFry
    OBi Wan,  

The force must be failing YOU.  

When you go to Fry's to see the selection, pick up the product and hold it in your hand, be careful next time where you place your saber.  
    You examine to your hearts content , wasting the poor salesman time, asking questions? Then you leave and buy ONLINE.  

Forcefields are set for those type of people, that will get very little Customer Service, once the salesman catches on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    I don't waste the "poor saleman time". I normally know what exactily I'm looking for, and chances are have more knowledge about the product (especially anything computer or photographic related). And I sure as anything wouldn't rely upon anything a Fry's salesperson said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhurleydood
    so i was in frys the other day and looking for a router. nearly 3 people asked me in under a minute if i needed help. let me look!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    ah you missed the expensive shoe store and dealership comparison but decapitated everything else I can see.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorhurleydood
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010 edited
    this one time i said yes i need help but the salesman could not and it was so relevant to the department he worked in.
  1.  permalink
    I still wonder why ObiWan has so much hatred towards Fry's: company and associates. I was under the impression that Luis created this site for associates to express their grievances, but every time I go in here is the same people talking smack. That's why I didn’t even bother to create an account. This place blows...and ObiWan don't even bother replying since I will not waist my valuable time in here anymore. Oh, I almost forgot Obiwan go f*ck yourself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    I dont think he neccessarily hates me no matter how much punctuation i leave out and i was a former fried assosiatLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    also it seems as if guest is a fried employee also just kindof sounds that way.Looking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Suzukiman: also it seems as if guest is a fried employee also just kindof sounds that way.

Agreed.  

Oh, and for clarification. I don't "hate" Fry's or all Fry's associates. However, I will admit I have absolutely no respect for the Fry's owners or how they conduct their business. As to the Fry's associates, yes, I'm aware some are there simply to try and pay for college and such. And not all of them are "bad". However, many do display what can only be described as a "customer adverse" attitude. Case in point...  

I have a friend who used to mentor me when I lived in Southern California. He's an elderly gentleman, and by his own admission, not all that tech savvy. He needed a new computer, so his son and daughter went to Fry's (the Woodland Hills store) to get him an all-in-one PC (I think he said it was an Asus). Turns out that the on/off rocker switch was defective. His son took it back to exchange it. Seems the return folks gave him a hard time and claimed that it wasn't defective, but had actually been broken by his dad, and refused to do the exchange. His son, who is a retired deputy police chief, showed them his badge, and mentioned all of the violations he noted in the store, and would be contacting the appropriate departments in both the DA and LAPD. Seems they very quickly agreed to do the exchange.
    •  
      CommentAuthormtnmedic
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    "Fry's salespeople make the place look classy? You cannot be serious. Everytime I've been in Fry's I've felt like I've either beeng groped or need to take a shower.  
    "  

Lucky dog. I wish someone would grope ME. If I'm getting screwed as much as everyone says customers are, at least give me a gratuitous reach-around, fer cryin' out loud!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhoward
    Everytime I go into Frys i feel like recruiting these salesmen in an MLMHoward Dean for America '08
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    Crushtron: Stright up. Also I like places with real sales people on comission it like makes the place classy. Like a expensive shoe store or car dealership..... or mens fashion depot  

Agreed. Price, value, selection nobody even comes close. The place is classy and professional when everyone looks great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorman
    Call me biased because I work there but I love Frys.
  2.  permalink
    Its not perfect, but much better then all the hater clowns on this board will have you believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthormtnmedic
    I agree with many of you. I love Fry's. Not only it's the one place in my area that offers the biggest selection and lowest prices (in most cases), it's my playground. So my friends say. I can easily blow a couple of hours in the Roseville store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAyaHu
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    Why would you ask a Fry's salesman questions? They never know the first thing about anything.Superhero!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    they do know exactly what you are though a walking talking dollar signLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Why does referring to Fry's as a playground make me think of a kitty liter box?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    ObiWan: Why does referring to Fry's as a playground make me think of a kitty liter box?

liter?  

How about: Kitty + Liter + Box  

•  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    You get my point...
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrushtron
    ObiWan: You get my point...

And the point is frys deals and selection are stellar and there's nothing wrong with fantastic deals... NOTHINGhttp://curelost.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Fry's "deals" aren't steller.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfryguy
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010 edited
    ObiWan: You get my point...

We need to expand our selection? We already carry Snuggies for Dogs, so why not? I'll keep an eye out at CES. . . :face-devil-grin:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8MOmmtTCTs
  3.  permalink
    I wonder if Crushtron is getting paid extra by Fry's to sell what are at best, exaggerations, or if that's part of his job already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSuzukiman
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010
    hes from corporateLooking for my head ............... yeah the eight valve one yeah ....
  4.  permalink
    TO EVERYBODY WHO THINKS FRY'S ELECTRONICS IS AMAZING, READ MY POST "STAND UP COMPUTER, AV DEPARTMENTS"
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    You're assuming that they know how to read...
  5.  permalink
    How could anybody be proud of working at fried?  

Script:  
    Hey guys I work at Fry's Electronics.  
    Unknown-Congrats how much do you get paid.  
    I don't get paid hourly.  
    Unknown-What!? lol wtf is wrong with you.  
    I get paid Comission...but we don't close anymore and we still do schematics and T.S.R.  
    Unknown-Why don't you quit?  
    Fry's is all i got...Making descent money...Dropped out of school...where else am i going to find a better job?  
    Unknown-Dumbass! That sucks. Go back to school bro...it will be worth it...From what you are telling me..They are doing illegal activities over there....Contact BBB...  
    They will fire me if i do that..  
    Unknown-Well man good luck working at that place...I would of quit a long time ago if i suspected this corruption happening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    Not exactly the way I'd put it, but.... FYI, the BBB doesn't deal with wage issues. They deal with consumer related issues. Stuff like if Fry's sells something used as new, holds a laptop for months for repair, and then returns it in worse condition than before, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    "no body wants minimum wage anyway so we got rid of it." - Randy Fry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSasquatch
    Where did he say that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjw
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010

ROTFLMAO!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorasdf
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2010
    jw:

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Customers demand lower prices. You can offer the lower price by lowering overhead.
  6.  permalink
    Alot of shit talking, but walk into any Fry's on the weekend and its packed with customers. So, they could care less about the ObiWan's of the world.
    •  
      CommentAuthorObiWan
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Guest: Alot of shit talking, but walk into any Fry's on the weekend and its packed with customers. So, they could care less about the ObiWan's of the world.

Lemmings just seems to be a better description versus "customers", when talking about Fry's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskullywag
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    Heheheh.....Nobody can beat Fry's prices??? You have to be kidding. Hmmmm.....Frys- $49 for an Emporex DVD burner. NewEgg - $22 for a LiteOn or LG DVD burner(free ship). Simular savings on EVERYTHING at NewEgg, Amazon, or TigerDirect. In fact, except for the RARE advertised specials on MB combos or DVD blank disks....I've yet to see ANYTHING at Frys I couldn't get cheaper on line. The electronic superstore will be a thing of the past in another 5 yrs.:face-crying:
  7.  permalink
    Skullywag, Fry's is going to be around for a long time since Fry's give customers a chance to return their items without paying for a restocking fee. I used to work at Fry's and don't like the way they treat people, but even in a down economy people still manage to shop at Fry's. I enjoy shopping at Amazon also and can't see how Fry's will be a thing of the past anytime soon.
  8.  permalink
    Guest: Skullywag, Fry's is going to be around for a long time since Fry's give customers a chance to return their items without paying for a restocking fee. I used to work at Fry's and don't like the way they treat people, but even in a down economy people still manage to shop at Fry's. I enjoy shopping at Amazon also and can't see how Fry's will be a thing of the past anytime soon.

I agree with you, the return/exchange policies are pretty good but just so you know there are restocking fees on GPS units, Laptops and Desktops now. Also think Digital cameras and camcorders have restocking fees as well. Maybe even projectors. Any item high priced item that people would normally "borrow" in the past they can't now.
  9.  permalink
    fried snake* haha frys feels like an oversized wal marts electronics department without the blue and with more college folk working there. the checkout was the weirdest to get used to. and when you see the man in the cage, people know wat frys is like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcashier27
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010 edited
    skullwag..even with those prices u dont account for handling... handling can be any price they want.. only advantage possibly is no taxesLas Vegas, NV / Store # 27 / Dept. 12